What will old Crosby look like?

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Someone needs to get on this now
0p6UsWF.jpg

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
do you guys think the pens will change their entire team's identity to better suit their aging stars as they get slower?

or will speed still be king? perhaps making it more difficult to keep up than it was in the past, where an older player could utilize other skills once their speed diminished (ie Thornton like some of you have mentioned).

seeing as how the league gets faster and faster each year, this emphasis on speed could soon be an issue for all aging players (if it isnt already), not just aging superstars

I don't think the Pens have to change their identity. There's always been room for slower skaters in this model as long as they think quick - we'd just need to find more speed to put around them.

Reactions: creamy butt wipe

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Could be similar to Jagr. I know Crosby's a much faster skater, but he has similar puck protection and offensive skills that should allow him to age well.

If we're talking about young Jagr he was probably faster or as fast a skater as Crosby ever was.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Considering his style he could be a 3rd line C until his 50s. I could see him still having 40+ point seasons at that age.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
If we're talking about young Jagr he was probably faster or as fast a skater as Crosby ever was.
Ah, I didn't watch young Jagr, and just recall him saying that his game never relied on speed so I figured he was always sort of a mid-tier skater.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
I notice FaceApp is using combinations of famous/infamous people to combine faces with. For instance, in the post with McDavid and Matthews, it happens to use a Woody Allen + another overlay for McDavid and Matthews is a John Gotti + another overlay. Crosby's is using a few, Richard Gere + other overlays seems to be one and another is Jay Karnes + other overlays.

Smiggie Balls

Sep 27, 2017
this thread turned out to be way better than I thought it would be. keep the old guys coming! wait...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad