What will old Crosby look like?

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
ABCbfNo.jpg

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
if he (somehow) plays until 40, how will his play style change? who would he most resemble out of the famous old guys to play the game? could he still dominate? discuss
Could be similar to Jagr. I know Crosby's a much faster skater, but he has similar puck protection and offensive skills that should allow him to age well.

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
I think he'll age very well. Players that age well are ones with high hockey IQ's, playmakers, two way forwards. Players that don't are the ones that rely solely on their speed and athleticism because those are the traits that decline the most with age.

Reactions: Trilliann

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Can see him retiring once his contract starts paying him less and he has nothing else to prove.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
I've seen players - great players - completely lose their career in 2-3 years. It can happen fast. I hope that isn't the case for Sid, but i can't really rule it out. He is a special player when it comes to his conditioning and work ethic. I'd hope that would translate into him having a "Gary Roberts" like effect into his 40s. Meaning hes able to keep up with players half his age. Some guys are the exception.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I can't imagine him having a huge decline. He's just not the kind of guy who just "loses it". He's far too talented and works too hard. He's already lost a bit of his speed, but he's still elite in the corners and along the boards. Some of his physicality will wane in that area, but he's got too many tools that don't require a physical aspect... top-notch hockey IQ, world class Hand-eye coordination, vision, and conditioning. Most importantly, his ability to adapt to the style and role that he needs to take.

I see his game aging very well as he gets older.

Reactions: Gazorpazorp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->