Jun 16, 2016
i'm sure he will still be dazzling all of us and aging like a fine wine

what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man

Reactions: Exley72

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
This guy still wants to check old Crosby into the boards...
FaceApp_1524619251311.jpg

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Old Crosby will look a little like current Crosby with more grey hairs, a few more wrinkles and maybe a bit of hairline recession.

Maybe old Crosby might finally be able to grow proper facial hair too although that’s far from a guarantee.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Everyone except for Matt Cullen loses the wheels by 35, so he might lose separation speed, but his edge work will maintain his agility and prevent him from falling off a cliff once he can't win on athleticism. The one thing hockey players never lose is the hands, guys in their 50s can still stickhandle like their prime, and Crosby has some of the fastest and most expert hands. I can picture veteran Sidney Crosby still winning goalmouth scrambles and deflections. If he continues hitting pucks in out of midair, he's going to force goalie coaches to figure out a working solution to it.

Having seen Teemu Selanne completely lose his hands his last 3-4 years and watching Corey Perry now who has started losing his hands I can say that’s absolutely not true. Your hands will generally age better than your speed and agility but guys still lose their puckhandling skills.

Reactions: FVM

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Sid will be a PPG player until he retires. I think as he gets older he’ll slow the game down more than he currently does, but he’ll still have his quick-strike elements.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Having seen Teemu Selanne completely lose his hands his last 3-4 years and watching Corey Perry now who has started losing his hands I can say that’s absolutely not true. Your hands will generally age better than your speed and agility but guys still lose their puckhandling skills.

Selanne goals in his last 4 seasons. 31 26 12 (lockout 20 goals full season pace) 9. Selanne didn't really lose his hands in his last 3 or 4 seasons.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

selanne had great hands until the very end

perry still does too

with those two it's all about the game getting faster as they lose speed

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Selanne goals in his last 4 seasons. 31 26 12 (lockout 20 goals full season pace) 9. Selanne didn't really lose his hands in his last 3 or 4 seasons.

If you watched him play you could clearly see he did. He kept bobbling the puck and the last year he couldn’t give or receive a pass to save himself. They gradually got worse each year from about 37-43.

He scored a shitload of goals at an old age because he was still incredible at getting open and was an above average skater.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
selanne had great hands until the very end

perry still does too

with those two it's all about the game getting faster as they lose speed

I disagree Teemu could still keep up until his early 40s. But his puck control was gone, he could barely handle the puck in open ice. It was all about getting open and he still had a quick release to go along with being a good skater.

Smiggie Balls

Sep 27, 2017
do you guys think the pens will change their entire team's identity to better suit their aging stars as they get slower?

or will speed still be king? perhaps making it more difficult to keep up than it was in the past, where an older player could utilize other skills once their speed diminished (ie Thornton like some of you have mentioned).

seeing as how the league gets faster and faster each year, this emphasis on speed could soon be an issue for all aging players (if it isnt already), not just aging superstars

terry01

Mar 15, 2018
probably some liver spots for surehttp://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/35/o.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad