What is your favourite Toronto sports team besides hockey?

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
For me the Blue Jays I guess but baseball is a distant 4th for me in favorite sports to watch.
My favorite team after the Leafs is the Ticats and mixed martial arts is my 2nd or third fav sport but it isn't a team sport.

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013
Jays for me! Got to take the good with the bad. Just like the Leafs.

false. the Leafs chose to play in Toronto. The Jays absolutely ****ing hate Toronto's guts. Bronx cheers and turf, bronx cheers and turf, bronx cheers and turf, snow.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
None.

Is TFC even trying?
Raptors look like they might be trending up but that's not certain.
Jays are a laughing stock and stuck in a division where they'll never have any success.

I heard TFC is bringing in a couple really good players from the Italian Serie A once their season ends. Gillardino is one, not sure who the others are. I'll give TFC another season or two to see the progression.

Either way Blue Jays is second for me, then TFC, no other team matters to me in Toronto, sure The Raps are fun to cheer for but I dont follow basketball at all though I do keep up with players moving in and out of Toronto just to see if there really is any hope. Apparently this season we can be below .500 and make playoffs from what I keep seeing LOL. What a division.

I totally agree with what you said about the Jays division too, they need to go full on Yankee mode if they want a chance, even then we most likely still have to take the players the Yankees don't want.

Noisespektrum

Jun 11, 2011
new york city
Toronto Sun just released their readers favorite's poll and the 3 most popular sports teams for 2013 are................drum roll please

1.(gold)

Leafs

2. (silver)

Jays

3 (bronze)

Argos

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm also a huge fan of the Jays, Raps and Argos.

I've played lacrosse all my life, but I don't follow the Rock in closely like I used to as a kid. The NLL rules mirror the NBA, defense is not emphasized and the game has been modified to suit American players (strays from Canadian rules and intensity).

I prefer watching Major Series Lacrosse and Jr. A games, off-ball checking and a more physical game, which is how box lacrosse was meant to be.

I watch a lot of sports in addition to these teams, but they're not really pertinent to this thread.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Used to be the Raptors until this year. Now no one.

I hate football. Argos I could care less about.

Used to be a Jays fan until the strike. Yes THAT long ago. Now I could care less for the most part about MLB. I'm mostly a bandwagoneer. I was a little pumped for last season I will admit, with all the big trades and the buzz around the team. But of course the Jays, with last season like any other season since '94 are just the same old tired run of the mill mediocre self. Not sure why fans watch this sport. It's the same crap .500 ball club ever year.

Raptors were my 2nd team for the longest time. I had hope especially this year with new ownership group and Masai would blow this team up and tank for Wiggins but again this team is the prototypical mediocre, run of the mill, treadmill team that they always have been and always will be. Middling at best. They need a superstar generational talent as the NBA is a superstar league, and the only way they are going to get one through the draft and this was the year to do it. But of course they are chasing a playoff spot for some unknown reason for me. It doesn't matter cause they are going to get spanked by Miami, Indiana or Chicago whoever they meet in the 1st round or amazing the 2nd round if they even make it that far.

Eff Toronto sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad