What is your favourite Toronto sports team besides hockey?

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
None. Baseball is boring, basketball is boring & filled with everything I hate in a sport, TFC are the joke of a joke league, & the cfl just doesn't cut it (although at the very least it is entertaining). I suppose if any the Rock but that's such a fringe sport professionally.

Rayban*

Apr 21, 2013
Ottawa
Ill get behind whichever one improves first. Probably the Jay but if the Raptors stepit up ill support them.

Beleafer19

Apr 25, 2013
None. Baseball is boring, basketball is boring & filled with everything I hate in a sport, TFC are the joke of a joke league, & the cfl just doesn't cut it (although at the very least it is entertaining). I suppose if any the Rock but that's such a fringe sport professionally.

You are awesome

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Raptors. They have a bright future. Jays are always mediocre and I was pumped for them finally this season and yet again they crapped the bed. Whoever follows the Jays are tough SOB's.

Raptors have sucked for years but at least Basketball as a whole is entertaining. Pretty similar to hockey in terms of length of game, speed and skill.

Noisespektrum

Jun 11, 2011
new york city
When not the Leafs, my off season team is the Argos. Try to get to 2 or 3 games a season.

As far as the jays,raps, yada yada. They all can burn.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I want to get back into baseball by way of the Jays, but they always disappoint.

I joked around with all my Jays loving co-workers that they wouldn't even be a .500 team like every year because it was annoying me the way everyone and the media in TO especially were calling them contenders without a game even played because they traded for a bunch of dudes from the worst team the previous season.

Really didn't think I'd be right! :shakehead

It also annoys me how the Jays keep getting a pass and excuses for their sub-mediocrity (yes they are less than mediocre!) but the Leafs get **** on for a decade, the Jays haven't made the post season in 20 years!

I do miss the Jays of my childhood, I loved that team when I was a kid in the late 80's, every player on those teams is a legend to me. Suffice to say the years following the WS wins slowly but surely erroded my love of baseball, and then I got into hockey mid 90's and it's really hard to get into the slow play of baseball for me now.

Raps were exciting when Vince, McGrady, Oakley, Davis etc were here. It's been pretty bleak since then unfortunately. Basketball is the only sport that has the potential to excite like hockey does for me.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I was a fan of the raptors for about 7 years but last year was enough for me. I know they got rid of BC and bustnani finally but that team pissed me off one too many times. Yeah the leafs have been pissing me off for years but since burke got introduced i noticed that there could be a bright future. I'll probably only start watching raptors if they draft homeboy Wiggins. Proably a small possibility though.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Jays AINEC.

Not a fan of basketball or football.

Though I would say the Rogers Cup is probably the most interesting sports event Toronto gets, aside from Leafs in the playoffs.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
None.

Is TFC even trying?
Raptors look like they might be trending up but that's not certain.
Jays are a laughing stock and stuck in a division where they'll never have any success.

Uhh... Baltimore and TB are playoff contenders in that division. It's not Boston and NYY dominating anymore.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I was a fan of the raptors for about 7 years but last year was enough for me. I know they got rid of BC and bustnani finally but that team pissed me off one too many times. Yeah the leafs have been pissing me off for years but since burke got introduced i noticed that there could be a bright future. I'll probably only start watching raptors if they draft homeboy Wiggins. Proably a small possibility though.

lol you went through all that pain to quit now? Like you said they got rid of all the massive problems. Bustnani and the 'other Bryan.'

Now they got a winning CEO helming the team, brought in a lot of good bench depth and have the reigning Executive of the Year running the show. Plus JV is going to be entering his prime.

You sound like a typical fairweather bandwagon fan. I doubt you were really with them for "7 years."

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Hands down Jays. I used to love the Raptors, but every year they give me more reasons not to support them.

Toronto FC had so much promise, I used to love going to their games then ( see Raptors )

It's just a continuous comic relief.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
None.

Baseball - boring. Ever been to a game? NOTHING happens.

Basketball - boring.

CFL - Not a fan of the league.

TFC - Went to MANY of their games early. Now they are just an embarrassment, and no one should be spending money on them.

The Rock - Who?

..so yeah, while I keep up with the Toronto sports scene, I don't invest any time or energy into the other teams.

The good news - when hockey isn't on, the Premier League normally is. Manchester United provide enough entertainment during the course of a season to last a life time.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Im a fariweather fan. I'll watch the NBA Finals if the Raps are in [LOL], or the Jays or what have you lol.

Never the Argo's though. Ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5