NBA Lakers fire Darvin Ham

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
never seen a worse coach when it comes to in-game management. call a TO when the other team goes on a run? never heard of that

WCF last year tries a 3 guard lineup that goes -72 in the first two games? let's try it again next game

move reaves into the starting lineup? give rui more minutes with how well he's been playing? nah, let's keep giving those minutes to taurean prince and cam reddish

it's remarkable seeing a coach be that clueless when it comes to his own team's strengths and weaknesses

Sep 19, 2008
Not sure who else they could get that would be better

but hey it's the Lakers and they have insanely high championship aspirations every year

would LA fans want adrien griffin lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: MMC and Power Man

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Lakers are still gonna suck regardless of the coach unless they improve that roster
they have two top 10 players and a decent supporting cast. what more can you do in regards to roster improvements without making a big trade?

there's no reason why that roster with lebron and AD at full health all season should've been a play in team

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
they have two top 10 players and a decent supporting cast. what more can you do in regards to roster improvements without making a big trade?

there's no reason why that roster with lebron and AD at full health all season should've been a play in team
Fine but compared the best teams in the West the current roster isn't just good enough

There is no way the Lakers roster is a on the same level as Denver's or Minny's

The Burdened

May 1, 2017

it's not 2019 anymore. it's gonna be the 2024-25 season. This postseason has been a changing of the guard.
Lebron, AD, Durant, Curry.... it's not their game anymore.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Fine but compared the best teams in the West the current roster isn't just good enough

There is no way the Lakers roster is a on the same level as Denver's or Minny's
denver? no, but aside from boston there's no other team in the league on their level

even minnesota i feel confident that the lakers could've taken. doesn't really matter though because denver's simply the better team and there was no chance the lakers were going to beat them in a 7 game series. can't see minny or OKC beating them either

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
It’s funny too because if Lebron, AD and a couple other guys exercise their player options, the Lakers payroll jumps $10m.

I don’t blame them, but these guys are more worried about getting the bag. You can’t keep asking for help when the top 2-3 guys on the team are making $40-50 million a year, all your draft picks are gone, and then blame the coach because you got bounced in the first round.

Reactions: Voight

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It’s funny too because if Lebron, AD and a couple other guys exercise their player options, the Lakers payroll jumps $10m.

I don’t blame them, but these guys are more worried about getting the bag. You can’t keep asking for help when the top 2-3 guys on the team are making $40-50 million a year, all your draft picks are gone, and then blame the coach because you got bounced in the first round.
While I still like Lebron a lot and think a lot of his criticism is unwarranted, it has always bothered me that he still insists on constantly re-upping for the max he can. He's a billionaire and this team could so much better (along with his legacy, which one would think would be the driving force here) if he took a substantial paycut to facilitate improving the roster

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lebron is saving up for his vegas expansion franchise

that's why he was playing at 100% during the IST

Reactions: Voight

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
While I still like Lebron a lot and think a lot of his criticism is unwarranted, it has always bothered me that he still insists on constantly re-upping for the max he can. He's a billionaire and this team could so much better (along with his legacy, which one would think would be the driving force here) if he took a substantial paycut to facilitate improving the roster
Its not his fault the Busses are one of the more cash poor owners of the league.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Lakers also fired their entire assistant coaching staff.

More from CBS Sports:

The members of Ham’s staff that have been let go include Phil Handy, Chris Jent, Jordan Ott, JD Dubois, Schuyler Rimmer, Zach Peterson and DeMarre Carroll.

This is standard procedure for most organizations when they fire a head coach as they typically allow the new head coach to choose his own staff. When the Lakers hired Ham, the only assistant they retained from Frank Vogel’s staff was Handy.

While it is unfortunate to see Handy and others be let go, this allows them to pursue other opportunities around the league. Handy, in particular, has been vocal about wanting to be a head coach in the NBA and now maybe he will get that chance.

Depending on who the Lakers hire to be their next head coach, it is always possible that person is close with Handy or one of the other assistants and decides to bring them back.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
10 head coaches for Lebron. Will be 4 different coaches since he joined the Lakers.

Lebron has the ownership and management by the balls, its his way or he bails.
Also, I'm sure he's gonna push his powers for the Lakers to draft his son.

The only person to have the balls to stand up to LeBron is Pat Riley.
Jeanie Buss and Rob Plinkla are nothing more than ass water.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
10 head coaches for Lebron. Will be 4 different coaches since he joined the Lakers.

That why they call him LeGM

& that's cause Pat won a crap ton of rings before LeBron ever showed up. He was already a hall of fame coach/GM and didn't need to deal with Brons prima donna crap.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California

She’s not a good owner at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad