Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I don't think pld can perform without some sort of motivation, so I'm fine with giving him one year. If we're in a playoff spot, run with him or otherwise trade him at the dd.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Who says you couldn't get Kotkiniemi in return? PLD is a big upgrade and also isn't a rental with a pretty easy QO for next season. Net result they are a better team and more formattable and it matches Aho's term length. Carolina add a couple futures including their 2023 1st and decent prospect. Chevy then turns around and moves their 2023 1st and a prospect, maybe adding a player like Heinola for let's say Chychrun. We downgrade at center, but with a good player signed at a manageable contract for 7 years and get an up grade at defense, that has a couple more years of term. The injection of players from multiple organizations will do the team good IMO.

It probably doesn't happen, but it is more fun to discuss possibilities then rule out something out of hand.

You might get Kotkiniemi in the summer but not at the deadline, which is my point that the return in the summer is likely better. If Carolina's goal is to load up for this year's playoff push I don't think they'd jump on a deal that removes roster players unless absolutely necessary.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't think pld can perform without some sort of motivation, so I'm fine with giving him one year. If we're in a playoff spot, run with him or otherwise trade him at the dd.
He has 8 points in his last 20 games and appears to have lost all motivation. He is a shadow of the player we saw earlier in the year. Either he is drained mentally and/or physically or he has checked out.

You might get Kotkiniemi in the summer but not at the deadline, which is my point that the return in the summer is likely better. If Carolina's goal is to load up for this year's playoff push I don't think they'd jump on a deal that removes roster players unless absolutely necessary.
This is not a fore sure it is your opinion. Teams can get desperate and if the player coming to you is an upgrade and not a rental in the true sense it changes the thinking.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
He has 8 points in his last 20 games and appears to have lost all motivation. He is a shadow of the player we saw earlier in the year. Either he is drained mentally and/or physically or he has checked out.

This is not a fore sure it is your opinion. Teams can get desperate and if the player coming to you is an upgrade and not a rental in the true sense it changes the thinking.
"Checking out" is his MO. If he is inclined to sign the one year, he already knows what he'll get money wise.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

It is my opinion, which is why I used "I think" a bunch of times. I don't think the odds are very good at getting some desperate return at the deadline for PLD and we shouldn't be considering moving him at the deadline anyways.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
He should have been gone last summer. I feel like we knew what we were already and should have been looking forward. But no they had to extend it another year figuring the coach will change everything. So here we are again like Trouba wasting value for no good reason.

I'd trade him in a minute today if I thought I could improve the future.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
"Checking out" is his MO. If he is inclined to sign the one year, he already knows what he'll get money wise.
This is what I struggle with in regards to PLD. Before Christmas he looked to be one of the most valuable players in the league. A 90+ point #1 C who dominated the opposition. I wanted Chevy to offer him whatever it would take to sign him. Over the last 20 games he looks like he just can't be bothered to put any effort in. And your right this seems to be his history.

Reactions: AlaskaJet and hn777

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
3rd year in a row he has fallen off, checked out or however you want to label it.

brutal in the CDN Division reg season + POs. did zilch notably when Scheifele got suspended.
had a fall off the final quarter of last season.
and now this year.

i think his style of play might just wear on him a lot. going hard with physicality or garbage-goal offense for ~20 mins a night over 82 gp might not be sustainable. not sure.

this team was playing at a 104 pt pace up until dec 31 2022, and an 85 pt pace since. it'd be nice for him to wake up and take over a game or 2 to help this team get out of this funk.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
3rd year in a row he has fallen off, checked out or however you want to label it.

brutal in the CDN Division reg season + POs. did zilch notably when Scheifele got suspended.
had a fall off the final quarter of last season.
and now this year.

i think his style of play might just wear on him a lot. going hard with physicality or garbage-goal offense for ~20 mins a night over 82 gp might not be sustainable. not sure.

this team was playing at a 104 pt pace up until dec 31 2022, and an 85 pt pace since. it'd be nice for him to wake up and take over a game or 2 to help this team get out of this funk.
I'd say he has tried to put it all on his back in a few of these games - the problem is, one guy isn't going to turn it around and one player can't take over a game.
He's looking more frustrated than any of them out there - some of that likely comes from getting nowhere while trying to do it on his own.
I do agree that he has fallen off late in the season, over the span of the last few years - but so has the team in general.
You need the core guys all going, to make any headway down the back stretch.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'd say he has tried to put it all on his back in a few of these games - the problem is, one guy isn't going to turn it around and one player can't take over a game.
He's looking more frustrated than any of them out there - some of that likely comes from getting nowhere while trying to do it on his own.
I do agree that he has fallen off late in the season, over the span of the last few years - but so has the team in general.
You need the core guys all going, to make any headway down the back stretch.
disagree. unproductive, more penalties taken than drawn. takes himself out of the game and a pp scoring opportunity with a fight (which generated nothing). he's taken over games with his physicality and brute style of play & scoring which won us games in the past.

you've seen that lately, really? your supposed stars need to pull you out of the funk if no one else will. look at kaprizov last game for minnesota..... 2-0 cbj in the third, he scores 3 goals to help win the game and surpass the Jets. THAT'S putting the team all on your back and delivering.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
disagree. unproductive, more penalties taken than drawn. takes himself out of the game and a pp scoring opportunity with a fight (which generated nothing). he's taken over games with his physicality and brute style of play & scoring which won us games in the past.

you've seen that lately, really? your supposed stars need to pull you out of the funk if no one else will. look at kaprizov last game for minnesota..... 2-0 cbj in the third, he scores 3 goals to help win the game and surpass the Jets. THAT'S putting the team all on your back and delivering.
I'd say it's not all on one star to pull them out of that funk -
And I also said he's frustrated - which leads to the stuff you noted.
I'm not defending him - I'm just pointing out that it's on all the core - not one player.
Our top center isn't exactly taking on the burden of pulling these guys out of this disaster either - and he wears an A.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'd say it's not all on one star to pull them out of that funk -
And I also said he frustrated - which leads to the stuff you noted.
I'm not defending him - I'm just pointing out that it's on all the core - not one player.
Our top center isn't exactly taking on the burden of pulling these guys out of this disaster either - and he wears an A.

i said if no one else is going to help, the star has to come in during crunch time. of course you want a collective effort, but we do not have a good collective team with half the fwd group being abysmal at offense. your star(s) need to pull you out like i said - kaprizov is that in minnesota for example.

scheifele has been far more productive than PLD over the past 20 odd games or so. including in their last win he had 2 goals. if you want to keep deflecting to scheifele i mean go ahead. last 20 gp for Scheifele 11g 7a. PLD 5g 3a. but yes it's on scheifele :dunno:.

ok he's frustrated so what? name me a player on the team who isn't frustrated right now with the way things are going.

he was taking over games earlier this year. that's disappeared. when you go from an overall ~100 pt pace to 75 now, that's a fall off.

Reactions: hn777

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
i said if no one else is going to help, the star has to come in during crunch time. of course you want a collective effort, but we do not have a good collective team with half the fwd group being abysmal at offense. your star(s) need to pull you out like i said - kaprizov is that in minnesota for example.

scheifele has been far more productive than PLD over the past 20 odd games or so. including in their last win he had 2 goals. if you want to keep deflecting to scheifele i mean go ahead. last 20 gp for Scheifele 11g 7a. PLD 5g 3a. but yes it's on scheifele :dunno:.

ok he's frustrated so what? name me a player on the team who isn't frustrated right now with the way things are going.

he was taking over games earlier this year. that's disappeared. when you go from an overall ~100 pt pace to 75 now, that's a fall off.
yea, I don't get why everyone is putting this all on scheifele, when ehlers perfetti and wheeler were out scheifele was the one stuck playing with 2 plugs while pld had connor, even with perfetti being out now scheifele is the one stuck with appleton while pld got the 2 other top6 players, he's only 3 points behind pld despite having the far worse linemates

but still think this lack of scoring wouldn't have lasted as long if we got production from the bottom of the line up

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
yea, I don't get why everyone is putting this all on scheifele, when ehlers perfetti and wheeler were out scheifele was the one stuck playing with 2 plugs while pld had connor, even with perfetti being out now scheifele is the one stuck with appleton while pld got the 2 other top6 players, he's only 3 points behind pld despite having the far worse linemates

but still think this lack of scoring would have lasted as long if we got production from the bottom of the line up

Good point. Maybe 55 and 27 / 81 / 26 with Nino? Adds size, some grit and a decent volume shooter who should be able to riff off Scheif's passes all day long.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think it's unfair to look at PLD in isolation this way. Pretty much all of our forwards' production has dried up.

At least he's moving the give a shit meter in other ways which is more than I can say for 55

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Don't know if it's just bad luck or whatever you want to call it, but of the 24 goals that PLD has this season, only 1 of those has been a game winner. Nov 8 vs Dallas

As for what the Jets do.... they will try their best to sign PLD to something, I just don't think they will be successful.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think it's unfair to look at PLD in isolation this way. Pretty much all of our forwards' production has dried up.

At least he's moving the give a shit meter in other ways which is more than I can say for 55
I'm not seeing the same thing. In my eyes no player is looking more disinterested that PLD. He was on for every goal against yesterday. Just 8 points in his last 20 games. Maybe it is just super noticeable compared to how he was playing prior to Christmas.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

but still think this lack of scoring wouldn't have lasted as long if we got production from the bottom of the line up
Have other players fallen off? yea possibly
Some players weren't even on to begin with... which is a whole other issue.

this is a PLD Thread last time i checked. i comment about PLD, and then the usual what aboutisms and deflecting pop up.

idk how folks can watch his play on the ice & on the score-sheet from the first 30-40 games this year vs the last 20 games and not infer there's been a great fall off there. then consider it's during a time where this team is desperate for pts and have fallen a bit out of the 1st place mix. yeah, im looking at the guy who was playing at nearly an all-world level the first half of the year to muster up a game or 2 where he wins it on his own to get this teams confidence back.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

It's on all of them - I used Scheif as an example of other players that need to play a major role in pulling the team out of this recent dive - I didn't say if was on Scheif. He's produced overt the last 20, but it's all slipping lately - it's getting worse.
I'm not going to argue who's the worst - what's the point? Most of them are underperforming to varying degrees but the combined effort is what is he issue at this point.
As for PLD and his frustration, he's one of the few that actually shows any emotion out there - it gets him in trouble but at least he showing some emotion rather than the lip service we get post game from the rest of them.

I get that we love to pull players from the pile and lay blame - and sometimes it is just one player - but right now, it's a combined lack of effort issue that is killing us and PLD won't save us on his own.
Could he be better and be the difference maker some nights? Sure - and if that is your point, I agree.
But lately, and I mean the last few games, they could all be asked to do something similar.

Reactions: Jet and GNP

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
It's on all of them - I used Scheif as an example of other players that need to play a major role in pulling the team out of this recent dive - I didn't say if was on Scheif. He's produced overt the last 20, but it's all slipping lately - it's getting worse.
I'm not going to argue who's the worst - what's the point? Most of them are underperforming to varying degrees but the combined effort is what is he issue at this point.
As for PLD and his frustration, he's one of the few that actually shows any emotion out there - it gets him in trouble but at least he showing some emotion rather than the lip service we get post game from the rest of them.

I get that we love to pull players from the pile and lay blame - and sometimes it is just one player - but right now, it's a combined lack of effort issue that is killing us and PLD won't save us on his own.
Could he be better and be the difference maker some nights? Sure - and if that is your point, I agree.
But lately, and I mean the last few games, they could all be asked to do something similar.
OK then I'm not sure what you were expecting from a thread titled and subjected on PLD, responding to a post that is about the player ndividually.

Were you hoping to see individual posts about Lowry or Scheifele for instance in here?

Emotions are nice and all. But until they award winners over who emotes better, I'll take the goals.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
OK then I'm not sure what you were expecting from a thread titled and subjected on PLD, responding to a post that is about the player ndividually.

Were you hoping to see individual posts about Lowry or Scheifele for instance in here?

Emotions are nice and all. But until they award winners over who emotes better, I'll take the goals.
I got what I expected - thanks
What was I hoping for? Doesn't matter

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I'm not seeing the same thing. In my eyes no player is looking more disinterested that PLD. He was on for every goal against yesterday. Just 8 points in his last 20 games. Maybe it is just super noticeable compared to how he was playing prior to Christmas.
PLD has a nagging LBI, and so is a game time decision for LA.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad