Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Accepts QO, walks to UFA

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Definitely not accepting his QO. He'll make 2-3m more in arbitration I think.

I just don't see why he'd accept a low term deal this close UFA. He can still sign with us in 2024 but being a ufa at only 26 with presumably 2 excellent years (this and next) under your belt is a pretty rare and great opportunity. I think he may even still sign with us, but being that young with basically every team after you, personally I'd want to see what July 2024 looks like and the different offers that come.

I'll say traded. I do not think the Jets run the risk of a ufa-1 as great as PLD on their team, and have him walk for nothing.

He's been eligible to extend since Jan 1. Top 10 team, great individual season. Don't think we've heard a peep. Horvat got dealt and extended faster than him. Meanwhile PLD :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
By the way if he's going to extend what's the hold up ? He can extend now and there has been 0 talk of him extending.
The extension is not happening in season or it already would of.
Likely he has already made up his mind that he wants to get to UFA and is just following the process to get to arbitration this summer which may lead to him being traded before the draft.

IF (big if) he's on the fence on what to do he may be waiting to see how things go with the Jets, if were competitive in the WC Final or make the Stanley Cup that may change his mind,
Also it's likely easier to get the biggest contract after you've posted the biggest point total of your career vs mid-season where it's still projections.

If winning is high enough on his priority list and the Jets have enough success he may decide to stick with us.
But I suspect he sees several teams that have competitive windows open and figures that he can get the money and have his crack at success in many locations.

I'd be shocked if he was jumping to extend with Montreal this summer (via a trade) as that would signal that winning NOW isn't that high on his list.

We're either still in the courting phase where a great Jets playoff run could buy us another contract or we're a summer (winter) fling and PLD's just having fun for now.

Only time will tell.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The extension is not happening in season or it already would of.
Likely he has already made up his mind that he wants to get to UFA and is just following the process to get to arbitration this summer which may lead to him being traded before the draft.

IF (big if) he's on the fence on what to do he may be waiting to see how things go with the Jets, if were competitive in the WC Final or make the Stanley Cup that may change his mind,
Also it's likely easier to get the biggest contract after you've posted the biggest point total of your career vs mid-season where it's still projections.

If winning is high enough on his priority list and the Jets have enough success he may decide to stick with us.
But I suspect he sees several teams that have competitive windows open and figures that he can get the money and have his crack at success in many locations.

I'd be shocked if he was jumping to extend with Montreal this summer (via a trade) as that would signal that winning NOW isn't that high on his list.

We're either still in the courting phase where a great Jets playoff run could buy us another contract or we're a summer (winter) fling and PLD's just having fun for now.

Only time will tell.
I mean the Jets are winning this year, but it wasn't so long ago that the Jets, with Dubois, got knocked out by Montreal, who went to the Stanley Cup. Granted there is no Price or Weber to lead the team, but Suzuki, Caufield, Anderson, Gallagher and Armia were on that team. Canadiens have loaded up on draft picks. Finally changed their scouting staff after years of missing on picks.

St. Louis is an underrated coach. I think he could turn the Canadiens into a playoff team faster than fans think. Especially with Dubois as his #1 C.

I figure Dubois could probably get close to $10M X 8 from the Canadiens, where the Jets salary structure would have a hard time with that.

For the Jets fans, they are going to want a big return but I wouldn't be surprised if it were along the lines of Fla. 1st and Beck, maybe another prospect.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I honestly think this is going to happen. It looks like he likes his teammates and usage, the team is competitive, his dad is in the org, and a bridge walks him to a big payday. Additionally, Montreal should be a competitive team by then.

I hope for 5 years but I think it will be 3.

Pretty much my thoughts on this!

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I honestly think this is going to happen. It looks like he likes his teammates and usage, the team is competitive, his dad is in the org, and a bridge walks him to a big payday. Additionally, Montreal should be a competitive team by then.

I hope for 5 years but I think it will be 3.
Wish I had your optimism, but sadly I do not. I’m prepared for a trade this summer that will feel very underwhelming.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Voted with my heart for a 3-year bridge, but my head says QO offer and then walks for nought as we keep him as a rental for a playoff run.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
By the way if he's going to extend what's the hold up ? He can extend now and there has been 0 talk of him extending.
With Chevy and True North we won't hear any talk of a contract until it is done. But I tend to agree with those that believe if it was going to be done it would be done by now. But I guess PLD might wait and make his decision after the season. You'd have to think Chevy has at least talked to his agent about the possibility.

I don't believe Chevy talks extension during the season.
Why not? He'd be the only GM that doesn't.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
With Chevy and True North we won't hear any talk of a contract until it is done. But I tend to agree with those that believe if it was going to be done it would be done by now. But I guess PLD might wait and make his decision after the season. You'd have to think Chevy has at least talked to his agent about the possibility.

Why not? He'd be the only GM that doesn't.

Some players have no interest in talking extension during the year. So I wouldn't read things into it one way or the other.

Reactions: Dirtbag151

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Lowry was extended during the season
Why not Dubie?
I’m sure the Jets have offered Dubie an extension
Buff too was signed in Feb 2016
Mark Stuart in March 2014
Ladd would've been talked too as well before being dealt in 2016.

Ehlers was signed on Oct 4 2017 (first game of the year) not sure if that qualifies or not.

doesn't happen often really. in PLDs case, his decision might influence some other transactions for Chevy. Maybe even for the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad