Speculation: What Do You Value More? Nazem Kadri or the 2017 1st Round Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
It's only a problem if you can't do the math, I'll try to help.

Pace = points / games played * # of games in season (82).

Kadri last season:

39 / 73 * 82 = 44 (rounded up from 43.8082191 ... I hope that's enough decimal places for you).

There's nothing hypothetical here, it's just numbers.
:teach:

I understand math just fine thanks, but I am getting tired of you showing up in threads quoting me and condescendingly "teaching math" and assuming I lack the most basic of mathematics.

You think you're funny, but in actuality it's quite the opposite. Pace is just expected points/82, and it's prone to variation in small samples. Hypothetical.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
You compared Kopitar to Kadri and why LA stuck with a 21yr Kopitar who was hitting around 70pts at that age... And to use it as an example to Kadri at 26 who hit a 50pt high one season and hasn't come close to that.

Then proceeded to say you'd take Kadri over Kopitar... And got called out for it and now you want to put it to rest.

You talked yourself into a corner and lost credibility and now want to put it to rest... Thats what happened.

We get it.. He's your favorite player, but at some point you have to take the goggles off to make a discussion worth reading for others.

Sigh.... Most Leafs fans wouldn't know loyalty if it jumped up and bit them in the ass.

Kadri is more useful to the Leafs rebuild than Kopitar, due to his age. So is Stamkos.

You do NOT trade Kadri for Kopitar at this stage in the Leafs rebuild right now.

You just don't. It's all wrong on SO MANY LEVELS.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Do you think Kopitar could actually do better than Stamkos on this Leafs team?

Because that would be a 10m in cap decision right now and there's no way we get both. How did Stamkos do when the Lighthing sucked, compared to how Kopitar did when LA sucked?

Is Kopitar better than Stamkos, or did Lombardi just build a better team than Yzerman to which Kopitar is the beneficiary of?

I think Kopitar is a better player right now than Stamkos but will this be the case 4-5yrs from now, I am not so sure. Due to their age, I would take Stamkos for 7-8yrs over Kopitar for 8yrs.

The other thing is that Kopitar am I would even put Toews here too, their value and their game are more suited for playoff runs due to their ability to shutdown opposing top line. Playoff hockey is not something that the Leafs should not be hoping for in a few yrs. While Stamkos will be a regular 40 goals plus scorer, as I don't think he is decling at all, just a slump. And the fact that all the top Leafs prospects seem to be playmaker instead of sniper makes Stamkos a better fit.

OvenMittz*

Sigh.... Most Leafs fans wouldn't know loyalty if it jumped up and bit them in the ass.

Kadri is more useful to the Leafs rebuild than Kopitar, due to his age. So is Stamkos.

You do NOT trade Kadri for Kopitar at this stage in the Leafs rebuild right now.

You just don't. It's all wrong on SO MANY LEVELS.

Why is it wrong?

Kopitar is a far better player to be insulating the kids and to teach proper 2way play and compete.

He's won a cup.. And will have about 3-4 more good years in him (which is all we need really).

He has a lot more leadership than Kadri ever will.... Hell Kadri doesn't even have an A on his JERSEY!

Your while argument is just wrong.. And biased love for a player that you can't admit you are wrong even when the answer is as obvious as "who would you rather have on your team Kadri or Kopitar?" And you still don't give. Lol

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Its funny that all the ones that undervalue Kadri want the thread locked because their bias against him is right and anything to the contrary is wrong. They can't even wait for the poll to close and every time they see a new vote for Kadri, they throw a nit fit.

PRICELESS!

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010
Points per sixty minutes
181 Jonathan Drouin LW TB 268 8 1.79

196 Nazem Kadri C TOR 966 28 1.74

Drouin isn't good enogh for the NHL. Kopitar isn't good enough to return Kadri.

What a world.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Its funny that all the ones that undervalue Kadri want the thread locked because their bias against him is right and anything to the contrary is wrong. They can't even wait for the poll to close and every time they see a new vote for Kadri, they throw a nit fit.

PRICELESS!

There have been new votes "for"?

Amazing.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
He has a lot more leadership than Kadri ever will.... Hell Kadri doesn't even have an A on his JERSEY!

Hey, what's the hold up with the "A" anyways? Dion's gone. Vacancy there.

Did they lose the stitching needle in the foxhole?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I understand math just fine thanks, but I am getting tired of you showing up in threads quoting me and condescendingly "teaching math" and assuming I lack the most basic of mathematics.

You think you're funny, but in actuality it's quite the opposite. Pace is just expected points/82, and it's prone to variation in small samples. Hypothetical.

Pace is a funny argument.

If someone runs a 3 minute mile, that doesn't mean they can run a marathon in 78 minutes. A good measure of their marathon time is to look at what they actually ran in the marathon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad