Speculation: What Do You Value More? Nazem Kadri or the 2017 1st Round Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
Kadri is a known, and even if we were to come in last next year that pick through the lottery could be a 4th.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
How can we answer this at all?

We have no idea where that 1st rounder will be.

I would take Nolan Patrick over Nazem Kadri

However, if the stars align and Stamkos signs, we get Matthews, Nylander and Marner come up, Zaitsev comes over and has no struggles etc We could wind up in a playoff spot and that pick is in the 15-22 range.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015

However, if the stars align and Stamkos signs, we get Matthews, Nylander and Marner come up, Zaitsev comes over and has no struggles etc We could wind up in a playoff spot and that pick is in the 15-22 range.

And if we keep Kadri we'd have real depth and flexibility , something that winning teams have.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario

But that's just thing. Say you're after Trouba and they want either Kadri or the 2017 1st as the main piece coming back.

Which one would you part with?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
A lot more than a lat 1st round pick and less than a top 9?

Not a very good question really.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
But that's just thing. Say you're after Trouba and they want either Kadri or the 2017 1st as the main piece coming back.

Trouba? I'd go either TBH.

It's likely a deal done at the draft, so I guess it would all depend on where we land.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
It's a trick question

who knows for fact what our roster will look like next year. So where does that 1rst slot?

Now, if that 1rst is anywhere from slot 1 to 5

then for me the choice is a no brainer

The 1rst.

Kadri is a nice piece, a nice player , but I think most can see what his top end will be.

With a player like that and where his contract status is and the organisations

I'll go with a 1/5 slot and roll the dice on a bust/middle of the road/ or serious game changer.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

I would rather give them Pitts 1st but if they insist on Kadri then I have no proble trading Kadri

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Why not? If you're GM and opportunity knocks today for an either/or deal for a player that improves your team, you have to make a decision.

I think its a great debate.

It's really not, a top 5 pick has much more value around the league than Kadri, especially for this team.

You can get a Kadri level player without giving up a top 5 pick.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
I don't know what's funny about that. Just because Kadri is a 2C doesn't mean I value him on this team more than I do a top5 pick in 2017.

And wait 3 plus years to find out that Kadri could be the better player? If there was no lottery system my answer might be different.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
I would rather give them Pitts 1st but if they insist on Kadri then I have no proble trading Kadri

If a young possible stud top 4 Dman were coming back I'd do it too, but value for value sakes at this point in time Kadri all day long.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
If a young possible stud top 4 Dman were coming back I'd do it too, but value for value sakes at this point in time Kadri all day long.

Exactly. You keep Kadri over the 2017 1st all day long.

For those that think otherwise for the 2017 draft year, I suggest you get tank Nation out of your head.

Leafs will most certainly be a better team next season, not a worse one.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

For those that think otherwise for the 2017 draft year, I suggest you get tank Nation out of your head.

How better? are they going to make the playoffs with this roster? and no I am not sarcastic

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015

This is also my thinking. If we end up picking in the 7 spot that's Kadri anyway so why wait 3+years do get what you had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad