Salary Cap: What contract would you offer Lucic?

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
That's just it. Moulson can't get $5M AAV on a contending team.

Did I miss a quote where Lucic will only sign with a contending team? Even then, what's contending? If it's a 5 year deal almost anyone can be a contending team, Buffalo will be likely a fairly decent team in three years.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Five-time avatar losing Champion? That's kind of impressive in a

"Don't touch the hot stove."

"Ouch!"

"Don't touch the hot stove."

"Ouch!"

"Don't touch the hot stove!"

"Ouch!
"

sort of way.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Did I miss a quote where Lucic will only sign with a contending team? Even then, what's contending? If it's a 5 year deal almost anyone can be a contending team, Buffalo will be likely a fairly decent team in three years.

No, but it's obvious that the Kings are a contending team and he will have to take a discount to stay in the fold.

Lucic MAY still be a decent player in three years. Guys like him don't have a long shelf life. I would still prefer that Dean wait and see what he accomplishes in the playoffs before making an offer.

Mike Carr

Jul 19, 2012
we could get Looch and Kopi but we would lose Lewis, Mcnabb, Ehroff , Enroth and maybe Forbert if he wants a rise (would need to be replaced by min salary players. So depends on how these guys go and how much the management rate/want them. Also would make the year after damn hard in getting Pearson and Toff.
if management really want Looch and Kopi somebody gets traded.
We aren't trading Carter, Toff , Pearson , Doughty or Muzzin. Can't see us getting rid of the captain and we wouldn't be trading him easily with his contract and we wouldn't be getting anything back. Cannot see we trade Martinez when we have such a young inexperienced defence. Rest are not on much money. Maybe we trade Greene and Clifford and we release a few like Enroth/Ehroff ?

Randart

May 20, 2007
Carson, CA
I Got It...

Easy as pie we just pay Lucic, Richards Money, Oh Wait... LOL
We still have to pay that guy to not play for the next decade and a half! OMG!
Now that is the contract I want to play under! Boot me to the curb and pay me for years to come! Like Xmas is a shoe in great one every year!
After reading all you guys said I reckon he turns out to be a rental for us...
And he moves on to a nice high priced offer if he is close to 50 pts plus the guy will get paid if healthy by someone! I voted for the 3-4 million for 4 years but seems the Kings don't even have that available to entice the guy even if he likes it here. I like the thought that many had on waiting to see how the guy plays with our team and what can the team achieve with him on it.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
No, but it's obvious that the Kings are a contending team and he will have to take a discount to stay in the fold.

Lucic MAY still be a decent player in three years. Guys like him don't have a long shelf life. I would still prefer that Dean wait and see what he accomplishes in the playoffs before making an offer.

Which is what I said. The guys likely is a shell of himself in five years.

As for the contract though, unless Lucic gives a **** about being on a contender or not, which I have seen no indication he has, then we can assume there's at least a reasonable chance it's about the money for him and someone will give him a big payout.

Also, if LA stumbles again this year, we need to seriously reevaluate the contender tag because one year from now the only members of our core that will be under 30 is Toffoli and Doughty and it's not like our prospect list is crawling with elite talent.

I made a joke about the stove. He got ******** and reported me.

There's more stoves in here than a Sears showroom too.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
As much as I enjoy having Lucic on the Kings, especially during this recent winning streak, having him is a luxury and we cannot afford him after signing Kopitar. We can replace Lucic with Mersch and extra playing time for players like Pearson. Next year, I think the Kings will really have to reevaluate the bottom six and replace guys that make $2 million plus with AHLs. This will, of course, have its consequences (rookie mistakes that lead to goals and losses), but it is something we will have to do to keep our top 6 in tact.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Bruin's fan here.

There are many B's fans still wearing their "Looch" jerseys to the games in Boston. The guys who work for the B's really miss Milan as do many of the players and fans.

My daughter (who lives in Calif) went to the San Jose / LA game last week and wore her B's Looch jersey. She also made a sign "B's fans miss Lucic" sign.

I hope he plays well for you. He was the most fan friendly of the B's and the STH fans who sit down low miss him.

I would love to see Looch back in Boston for the B's but I don't think that will happen.

Captain Mittens*

Bruin's fan here.

There are many B's fans still wearing their "Looch" jerseys to the games in Boston. The guys who work for the B's really miss Milan as do many of the players and fans.

My daughter (who lives in Calif) went to the San Jose / LA game last week and wore her B's Looch jersey. She also made a sign "B's fans miss Lucic" sign.

I hope he plays well for you. He was the most fan friendly of the B's and the STH fans who sit down low miss him.

I would love to see Looch back in Boston for the B's but I don't think that will happen.

He's been great

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

I don't know your cap situation, but I'm thinking you guys have just as good of a chance of landing Lucic, as do the Kings. I'm a HUGE Lucic fan, and I hope he re-signs here, but I have to be realistic with our cap.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
3-4mill - max 4 years. Which he won't accept and most likely walk.

Hopefully he plays great this season, Kings win the cup and he gets paid by another team. What Dean gave up in the trade for a rental will have been worth it if the Kings get a third cup.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
You'll see Lucic play some shifts that will absolutely mesmerize with his dominance. We've seen him knock 3 players on their ass and then score the tying or winning goal on the same shift. Pure dominance. Unfortunately,it's too infrequent. He's a good player with flashes of greatness and I think that's what to expect,along with some maddening ineffectiveness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad