Salary Cap: What contract would you offer Lucic?

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Kopitar wants it all. And Richards money. And more.

daffy-mine-all-min.gif

Just kidding. I love Kopitar. Everybody wants him and we've got him.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Greene won't be moved.

Plenty of great Cap Geek replacements. http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nhl/la/

Don't worry I broke down and made a spread sheet a while ago.

No one is really missing Greene right now even with McBain in. Parting with Greene will be painful for Lombardi, but if he slows down any more it may happen. I don't think he'll be re-upped when his contract runs out in 2 years after this season. It wouldn't be a massive stretch to think Greene could be replaced a little before that contract runs out.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
We have yet to see any 'new-Lombardi' moves though. So you never know what he'll do.

I don't think anyone would want to get rid of Greene. There is a possibility that he may slow down/lose a step over the season, and if you aren't an upgrade over McBain then it could become an issue. Hopefully Greene heals up and gets back to form.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I don't think anyone would want to get rid of Greene. There is a possibility that he may slow down/lose a step over the season, and if you aren't an upgrade over McBain then it could become an issue. Hopefully Greene heals up and gets back to form.

2wmnojo.jpg

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
He's earned himself at least two hefty bags of silver with his start so far.

Mike Carr

Jul 19, 2012
if we sign Kopitar, then even without Looch we are going to be close to the cap to get in the rest
we have 20m not already committed
if Kopi gets 9m then you have 11m for Enroth, Ehrhoff , Mcnabb , Forbert, Weal and Lewis (whatever is left you have for Looch or replacement)
then you have Pearson and Toffoli to come the next year

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
if we sign Kopitar, then even without Looch we are going to be close to the cap to get in the rest
we have 20m not already committed
if Kopi gets 9m then you have 11m for Enroth, Ehrhoff , Mcnabb , Forbert, Weal and Lewis (whatever is left you have for Looch or replacement)
then you have Pearson and Toffoli to come the next year

Enroth is a back up... won't get much of a bump or the Kings find a new back up.
Ehrhoff, replaced by signing new 3rd pairing D on the cheap or promoting someone from Ontario
McNabb, will get a bump up from 650k, probably still cheap due to all the RFA years left.
Forbort, probably slight raise. See McNabb
Weal, will be cheap due to only getting a few games this year.
Lewis, can **** off. Really 1.8M for destroying the offense of any line he's on? :laugh:

Edit: worrying about Pearson/Toffoli the year after is just too far down the road. We have no idea how many of the guys will be busted at boarders or pool parties or deported by ICE. Way too many variable to plan that far out.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
People that don't get the value Lewis brings, don't understand how cups are won.

Lewis probably has another 4 years in him of doing what he does very well.

Ron*

Consummate selfless team player. Does all the things Sutter loves. That's why he's a third line fixture. Just wish he had scoring hands, but it is what it is. He will always bury pucks into logos, that's just his nature.

As an aside, the third line has to pick it up in terms of scoring. If Brown comes down to the third line and Pearson moves up to the first (a likely scenario given Pearson's improved play in the last game), then the pressure might really be on Shore, Lewis, and Brown. (I think Gaborik got the message yesterday and played his ass off; I don't anticipate him remaining on the third line but with Sutter you never know.)

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Lewis, everyone loves that Lewis is good defensively. This is simply not true. His inability to make a play or be a scoring threat in the offensive zone give opponents the puck back when they intercept one of his passes. Also playing against Lewis you can take extra risks because he won't burn you like Toffoli/Carter. This is why Kane was ripping Lewis apart, he could take all sorts of chance out at the blue line and worst case scenario is you give Lewis a breakaway. Also to get by the Hawks in game 7 Sutter benched Lewis. I can think of better ways of spending 1.8.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Here's an SAT analogy for you -

Trolfoli:Lewis

A)RP:Infractions
B)Stars:defense
C)Main Board:********
D)Kopitar:Coasting

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Consummate selfless team player. Does all the things Sutter loves. That's why he's a third line fixture. Just wish he had scoring hands, but it is what it is. He will always bury pucks into logos, that's just his nature.

As an aside, the third line has to pick it up in terms of scoring. If Brown comes down to the third line and Pearson moves up to the first (a likely scenario given Pearson's improved play in the last game), then the pressure might really be on Shore, Lewis, and Brown. (I think Gaborik got the message yesterday and played his ass off; I don't anticipate him remaining on the third line but with Sutter you never know.)

These 2 issues are linked. The Kings having a 3rd line that doesn't put pressure on other teams depth players is a big reason the offense is in the bottom half of the league year after year. It allows teams that lack depth to compete with the Kings, because they can shelter their bad players and gives rise the the illusion of "Parity".

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Here's an SAT analogy for you -

Trolfoli:Lewis

A)RP:Infractions
B)Stars:defense
C)Main Board:********
D)Kopitar:Coasting

A: just is going to happen?
B: because Lewis much like the Stars Defense blows?
C: Too many **** not sure what the point was.
D: just going to happen?

:)

Ron*

These 2 issues are linked. The Kings having a 3rd line that doesn't put pressure on other teams depth players is a big reason the offense is in the bottom half of the league year after year. It allows teams that lack depth to compete with the Kings, because they can shelter their bad players and gives rise the the illusion of "Parity".

The third line has spent a large amount of time in the offensive zone so far this season. They just don't convert. So the pressure is there. My point is that they really have to pick up the scoring to be much more effective than have been so far this season.

Same with the fourth line, which should actually start up a bakery this season. Having said that, I have a real soft spot for the fourth liners. I would love nothing more than to see them really start to jell as a unit.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I kind of like Gaborik on the 3rd line for a bit. He gets to play against players that don't defend as well, and he may spark a little confidence in Shore. Shore has made some decent plays and passes, and his linemates haven't cashed in.

If Gaborik scored a few on Shore's wing, that might give the kid a lot of confidence. Pearson looked good with Brown and Kopitar.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
The third line has spent a large amount of time in the offensive zone so far this season. They just don't convert. So the pressure is there. My point is that they really have to pick up the scoring to be much more effective than have been so far this season.

Same with the fourth line, which should actually start up a bakery this season. Having said that, I have a real soft spot for the fourth liners. I would love nothing more than to see them really start to jell as a unit.

This is the problem.
Option 1: Sit around and think maybe they'll bury one of these chances?

Option 2: Throw someone out there that might have better luck, and hopefully won't be much worse the Lewis on defense.

Pearson has shown offensive abilities.
Shore looks like he should be able to make a play in the offensive zone.
Lewis...

Mike Carr

Jul 19, 2012
I think Lewis will be here and around 1.6-2m
I cannot see us getting rid of Mcnabb and he will want a fair bit more - maybe similar to Pearson if we are lucky?
We can get rid of the others but will cost for replacements as well and likely better to keep if we can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad