Post-Game Talk: What A Run: Thank you, 2013-14 New York Rangers

Status Quo*

**** it, I'll say it. Your team showed guts tonight. Helluva effort. Lundqvist just set the bar of goaltending really high. That man is really really ****ing good. I hate your team, but there is no way I can deny the effort your team showed. Congrats on winning the East this year.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Mind boggling to see these reactions.

It was a good run. Good luck to all of you.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Disgusted by this league, but couldn't be more prouder of this team. There were maybe 4 games in all of the playoffs where I can question this team's effort. 3 OT games and 2 shouldn't have gotten there. This league is a joke, but this team is special. Thank you NY Rangers. I'm tearing up right now.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I really thought the game had started turning later in the OT's. I initially didn't like our chances, but as 1st OT went to 2nd, I really thought we had a shot.

This hurts.

Bad.

Happy as fudge that we had the honor of playing for the cup as I did not expect that this year. Proud of these guys...VERY PROUD

LGR

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Well, hell of a season. Didn't look promising at all to start, but we had a brilliant run. Proud of this team for getting to this point.

Hank was nuts.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Reffing directly cost us two wins. It's pretty hard to lose this way, so you know what? **** being gracious, and **** the NHL refs. This was a disgrace, and I'm not going to smile and say thank you after I've been reamed in the *******.

**** this league.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
This doesn't hurt at all. It was a great post-season run and I'm happy I got to watch hockey well into June. It's been a long 9 months though and I'll be happy to enjoy my favorite season!

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
If you know who he is, then you know he's been waiting to post this since we lost Game 1.

I don't.

But still, Girardi and Richards had a terrible series. My god I am counting the HOURS until that sad piece of ****ing **** is bought out.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
And yes...Zucc call was AWFUL. Game 2 was AWFUL.

What is there to say? I agree. But I know in my heart that the Kings carried the majority of the play in the 3rds + OTs. Yes Rangers had chances...could have been different. But I never felt like they were in control.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Well, hell of a season. Didn't look promising at all to start, but we had a brilliant run. Proud of this team for getting to this point.

Hank was nuts.

This team will be better next year. We would've been up there with Pittsburgh points wise if they didn't have to get used to a new style of play.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
I feel bad for Lundqvist, the guy deserves the cup- he is THE best goalie in the world and I have no doubt in my mind anymore. We could have easily won in 5 games just like they did, these 2 teams are so close. We just didn't get the performances from our top guys to do it and they did.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Reffing directly cost us two wins. It's pretty hard to lose this way, so you know what? **** being gracious, and **** the NHL refs. This was a disgrace, and I'm not going to smile and say thank you after I've been reamed in the *******.

**** this league. The Kings can go suck each others dicks for all I care.

a big part of me agrees with this.

There far too many 'questionable' calls for a top level league

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Wow...this team deserved a better fate...

this is my feeling too. kings are a great team, for sure. but i've never seen fate abandon a team to such a level as the rangers. wow. would have been a great story. three overtime losses...wow. not a satisfying feeling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad