Post-Game Talk: What A Run: Thank you, 2013-14 New York Rangers

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Thanks for the great ****ing run Rangers. Was a memorable season, to say the least.

cloax

Jan 20, 2013
NYC
******* the refs. Proud of the team but damn do we need more finish.

This season took years off my life with the rollercoaster ride that it was. Here's hoping ( however futile ) next season is a bit smoother.

LGR.

AHB*

My heart is broken.... :cry:

I had some hope and they played the best they could. I'm not upset at the effort... we just weren't good enough.

We were good enough. We could have easily won 3 of 4 games in this series. In fact the only awful game we played, we won.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Seriously if I see one post bashing Hank...I swear...

And I am by no means in the "infallible" group. But he played out of his friggin mind.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
The better team won but I've never seen a team screwed more by both puck luck AND bad calls over the course of an entire series than the Rangers in this one.

This team has some staying power. Not guaranteeing another Cup run but they can beat anyone in the East but Boston.

Interesting to see if it's a "go for it" offseason from Slats.

#LGR

z1co80

The Incredible Hank
Nov 30, 2007
Scotland
Proud of the team but as mentioned before we are carrying to many high paid passengers.

Cant fault the effort though

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
I felt like it was closer than 4-1 is going to look in the history books. A few luckier bounces/better job finishing/less blown calls by the refs and this could have been a series with the Rangers up 3-1 or 3-2 with a chance to finish things. It was close, but the Kings dominated third periods and ultimately won the coin tosses that these games came down to.

Agree 100%. Kudos to the team on a great season.

Wraparounds

Powerful Wizard
Oct 4, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Actually **** this team. They out you thorough 2 months of this. Always giving you hope that this is finally the year. And they always find a way to break your heart in a new and twisted way. **** the Rangers. **** them.

**** off with this garbage. Disappointed, yes, but they put together a hell of a run.

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Sorry, not doing one of those "Im proud" blah blah blah crap. They had a million chances to win games 1 and 2, blew both those leads and then could not convert for their lives tonight. Let this sting, because its not easy to get here and you can't sit on leads like that. The better team won, lets try again next year. Thanks Rangers.

Edit:

Oh and Nash, GTFO.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Now that Henrik got a taste I see him getting back.

Really a great run. Two bad calls sting, but the truth is that LA was the better team.

All I want is the NHL to improve the officiating. Not perfection, just improve the current system.

Better? Eh, not really. The two teams were evenly matched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad