Speculation: What’s the future hold for Brendan Gallagher ?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
My brother had brain surgery couple of days ago to shrink the tumors. Hard stuff to watch to a loved one.
That totally sucks.
I've never heard of a good outcome for patients with Glioblastoma.
My heart is with you man.

Reactions: Tyson

Bomatane

Oct 10, 2019
Highest paid strength and fitness assistance coach in the world history
You are right. After next season, Molson should offer him to retire and offer him a job in the organisation at the buyout salary for two years. Same cost for Molson without salary cap hit and Gallagher will not have to become the official "whipping boy "...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I would assume they wouldn't buyout Gallagher this summer. Perhaps they hope he can stay healthy and if he can be around this then his last 2 years he's owed 10.5M total but the last year is at 4M, so at 50% his cap hit would be 3.25M and in 2 years the cap is expected to be much higher.

As a 4th liner for a playoff team I think if the Habs take back a bad contract, if he can stay healthy and have somewhat decent production that maybe he could have some value to a team.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How do you see the rest of Gallagher career ?

He gets healthier and comeback better?
He’s getting traded in the next few years
He’s getting buyout
LTIR
Buyout?

It's looking less likely that it will be LTIR. So perhaps a buyout. Or maybe he at some point he can be traded 50% retained and we take back a bad contract. I don't think any team wants him even at 50% of his cap hit, i.e. 3.25M.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
When I was trying to add him in trades at the start of the season we he was playing well the mob here tried to scream me down like usual saying that he is worth the contract when he is healthy lol. I would ask where are they now but I know where they are....on my IL
That contract isn’t getting moved under any circumstances, whether he’s playing well or not. Nobody’s taking that on unless it was an Arizona deal where we pay them to take him.

Reactions: Colezuki

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
There not buying gallagher out, not at least until 2025-2026 at the earliest and even then they may try to carry him until his last season they'll only face a 1.3M penalty for the last 1 years. right now we don't need the cap as the young guy contracts are still to come so no rush at this point.

And I still think he's on Robidas island before that point

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
There not buying gallagher out, not at least until 2025-2026 at the earliest and even then they may try to carry him until his last season they'll only face a 1.3M penalty for the last 1 years. right now we don't need the cap as the young guy contracts are still to come so no rush at this point.

And I still think he's on Robidas island before that point
He’s still healthy enough to play a full season if we’re going off this year which is a problem for people like myself who were relying on Robidas Island.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He's either going to bounce back or he's going to get bounced.
The latter is more probable but the question is when. :skeptic:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I see him playing until he is bough out especially with next year his base salary being $9M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad