Speculation: What’s the future hold for Brendan Gallagher ?

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I think he will start an alcool or fresh mouth drinks business with Subban : they will have their own tv show « the black corner » where they will talking about integrity, tolerance, diversity and of course about hockey games.
Of course, Subban will wear ridiculous clothes while Gallagher will (try) to moderate the show

they are both benefit of their tribune to promote their mouth fresh breath product
:huh:
:popcorn:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Hate the contract but he can still be a useful player if he's healthy. Even if he's not what he used to be, he's still a good two-way, grindy, offensively capable player. If he can put up 35-40pts and offer some solid play 5v5, he's welcome to do that on our 3rd line.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I think he will start an alcool or fresh mouth drinks business with Subban : they will have their own tv show « the black corner » where they will talking about integrity, tolerance, diversity and of course about hockey games.
Of course, Subban will wear ridiculous clothes while Gallagher will (try) to moderate the show

they are both benefit of their tribune to promote their mouth fresh breath product
huh??? The hell did I just read?

Last edited:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Bad try? You are lucky you didnt get banned. Funny, not so much as racist. For someone who routinely calls other posters racists for calling out drouins poor play it shows a tone deafness i have rarely seen.
Lol
bad try by me to be funny, I wasn’t talking about you but about me

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Is it possible he LTRretires as soon as now? I mean this summer. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but what else does he have to gain, really? He's only risking handicaping himself. I would assume he would rather enjoy having a healthy life now on, rather than living all crushed up on one leg in his forties like an elderly. He has made all of the money he needs to live a millionaire lifestyle, nobody will ever sign him ever again, why risk what is most precious, his health? Is the nhl strick about LTRretraités anyway?

Last edited:

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
edited ; bad try to be funny
Saturday evening, 23h, stupid post. We've all been there.

Cheers.
Bad try? You are lucky you didnt get banned. Funny, not so much as racist. For someone who routinely calls other posters racists for calling out drouins poor play it shows a tone deafness i have rarely seen.
Let's take a deep breathe shall we?

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I think its all up to Gally. He is a hab and will be a hab. yup he is banged up and thats how he plays. I believe habs will mostly let him play the last 20 games of any season and play offs if any. the rest of the time he will be on ltir. He just can't play 80 games anymore. Gally will tell the habs when its time to retire not the other way. He has a ntc but he might accept a ltir trade to help someone on cap space in a year or2 or 3. No matter what he is going to retire after this contract.

Reactions: Joe Lamb

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I think its all up to Gally. He is a hab and will be a hab. yup he is banged up and thats how he plays. I believe habs will mostly let him play the last 20 games of any season and play offs if any. the rest of the time he will be on ltir. He just can't play 80 games anymore. Gally will tell the habs when its time to retire not the other way. He has a ntc but he might accept a ltir trade to help someone on cap space in a year or2 or 3. No matter what he is going to retire after this contract.

That's a good thought, he could act as a LTIR cheat code, only playing in the playoffs, lol!

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Hate the contract but he can still be a useful player if he's healthy. Even if he's not what he used to be, he's still a good two-way, grindy, offensively capable player. If he can put up 35-40pts and offer some solid play 5v5, he's welcome to do that on our 3rd line.
He was as healthy as could be expected this season and he was not useful. What makes you think he has any use? He's too slow, too un-skilled, and prone to too many penalties. He's a terrible linemate for young players and he's not strong or rugged enough to play in an energy role either -- he has no stamina to boot.

I'm genuinely wondering if you have access to some data that supports your argument because I haven't consulted any data but from the eye test I think he's not in NHL shape.

Reactions: the and Hoochi Papa

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL

That's what you want to happen in some playstation universe that doesn't exist in reality. In no way is this a plan the Habs will consider for the next 4 seasons.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I was bullish on him coming into the season because I figured the full-length offseason would be a good health reset after the short offseasons during the covid years. He did look better in the preseason/early stages of the regular season, but that was obviously short-lived.

He just seems completely broken down at this point, my best guess would be he'll end up on LTIR for 24-25 after next season. Even if he manages to stay healthy next year it's probably just delaying LTIR by a season at most.

MisterY

May 7, 2010
Enigmatown
The future of Gallagher is being a good veteran that leads by exemple and will continue giving all he has on the ice, probably getting injured a few times, all that while getting crap from ungrateful 14 years old fans on this board.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Don't hate the player.

I loved Gallagher but what an albatross of a contract.....same with Price.

Old school contracts used to be get paid for what you've done.....nowadays, it's get paid for what are you going to do.

Bergevin never got this.
Let’s be honest, I think the price and Gallagher contracts were for what they did. Lol

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I’m going to be the other side of this argument. Assume Gally is a proud guy and will work hard on his speed and stamina over the spring/summer and come back to be an effective 3rd line winger who nets 15-20 garbage goals a year until the rest of the contract.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe Lamb and the

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
The future of Gallagher is being a good veteran that leads by exemple and will continue giving all he has on the ice, probably getting injured a few times, all that while getting crap from ungrateful 14 years old fans on this board.
Giving his all on the ice is a bad thing, actually -- because he doesn't have stamina and is gassed before the shift is over. I'd posit he's an awful linemate because of how slow he is and how frustrated he gets.

He was a good grinder middle6 player who peaked for a few seasons and now is one of the worst contracts in the NHL. 9 points this season, gimme a break. Gratefulness doesn't play into it. Nobody is booing him or trashing his car -- all the fans still respect him for what he did but you know, and he certainly knows, if he didn't give a 110% effort as often as he did he wouldn't have even been in the NHL. He's only managed to carve an NHL career out of effort and game smarts. If he cannot effectively expend his effort he is useless.

I’m going to be the other side of this argument. Assume Gally is a proud guy and will work hard on his speed and stamina over the spring/summer and come back to be an effective 3rd line winger who nets 15-20 garbage goals a year until the rest of the contract.
This was the argument last year and he was even worse this year. This isn't Model UN, you don't need to take the other side just for argument's sake. Do you really think a player can improve his skating speed and stamina when he's 31 years old? When have you ever seen that happen?

Reactions: the

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
He was a good grinder middle6 player who peaked for a few seasons and now is one of the worst contracts in the NHL. 9 points this season, gimme a break.
My word, no. He was a dominant play-driving two-way topline forward on what was possibly the most team-friendly contract in the league outside of the Boston Bruins' players and those on ELCs.

When he should have been earning 6.5, he was taking in 3.5; now that he should been taking in league minimum-to-1.5 million, he's being given 6.5.

Your assessments of players such as Gallagher and Lehkonen are a serious indictment of your ability to judge underlying metrics, basic production, line-matching and zone starts as context, and more, making me question - more than anything else has - my dubious perspective on Slafkovsky.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I was BEGGING for Gally and Petry to be traded that UFA year...
Instead here we are.
Thanks Bergy.

Reactions: the

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia