Speculation: What’s the future hold for Brendan Gallagher ?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
4 years left at 6.5.
Bergevin knew he would never last this entire contract. Had Molson hired a Gorton type to supervise Bergevin crap like this would never have happened.
Remember the pathetic crying at the PC.......................what a gong show....

Gally will be headlining a LTIR list for some time to come.

Reactions: CaptainKirk

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
What are you talking about?

Buyout starting next season has the following Cap cost:

Year 1:

Year 2:

Year 3:

2.292M

Year 4:

4.792M

Year 5:

2.292M

Year 6:

2,292M

Year 7:

2.292M

Year 8:

2.292M

If the buyout was for only 1,75M per year, except for the 2nd year being 4.25M, I'd do it. It's much worse than that, as the maximum Cap hit is in year 4, a bad timing as contracts will need to be renewed...

Bergevin must've gotten a kickback from Gallagher (the .5M)?
We're not buying him out. We're stuck with him till he goes on permanent LTIR like Price, shouldn't be too long, another season and a half or two.

Reactions: Andrei79

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
1677974020661.png

• Haha
Reactions: HabzSauce

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
He will play the next 2 and then the team should be a playoff contender and he goes away via buyout

Reactions: bsl

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
He'll stick around being an anchor for his linemates. Too bad Canadiens won't do proper tank on a lost season and let him play 25 minutes per night. I'm afraid he has too much pride and he tries to relive the old glory of being a pest on ice, which means he just won't walk away and let Habs bury his shit contract on LTIR.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
What a great fan group! This guy in injured! He gave his heart and soul for this team for years.
You got to ask yourself if you were him and you found your self playing for a "rebuild "would it not be impossible to not take off just a bit from your game, say 0.5 %? Unintentionaly./intentionaly? He is human.Its gotta be very difficult not to take just a bit off the top when you know your team doesn't have a chance. And to play the game the way Gallagher plays, maybe 0.5% off results in him being just a little bit less alert and he gets injured. You have to be intense to play his game, successfully.
So lets at least let this poor guy come back and show what he's got He is fearless and never quits. He's injured as a result of playing for our team. He has been one of our leaders. He should be given our respect.
Now the original thread asked what the future was for this guy...
I don't think he is done unless he wants to be.

amethyst

#10 Forever
Mar 15, 2013
Can’t wait till we never hear of his name again. IMO he’s overrated as the “heart and soul” of the team when he’s fragile as hell :laugh:

• Love
Reactions: the and MasterD

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
You just have to take it one season at a time, when it comes time that you really need the cap space you deal with it then. This summer we have plenty of cap space so there's no need to buyout or give up picks/prospects it would take to trade him. The summer(s) after that it all depends on where we are in the rebuild.

Reactions: Joe Lamb

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
What a great fan group! This guy in injured! He gave his heart and soul for this team for years.
You got to ask yourself if you were him and you found your self playing for a "rebuild "would it not be impossible to not take off just a bit from your game, say 0.5 %? Unintentionaly./intentionaly? He is human.Its gotta be very difficult not to take just a bit off the top when you know your team doesn't have a chance. And to play the game the way Gallagher plays, maybe 0.5% off results in him being just a little bit less alert and he gets injured. You have to be intense to play his game, successfully.
So lets at least let this poor guy come back and show what he's got He is fearless and never quits. He's injured as a result of playing for our team. He has been one of our leaders. He should be given our respect.
Now the original thread asked what the future was for this guy...
I don't think he is done unless he wants to be.
So criminally overpaid 'warrior player' supposedly plays with less intensity and he should be given respect?

He's burnt toast who won't change his style of play to be useful. It's embarrassing to watch him on ice trying to be a pest when he's just collecting unnecessary penalties and thrown on his ass.

Not sure how long we have to be grateful for the hockey he played years ago. Bergevin already gave him 39 million for things he did in the past.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Can’t wait till we never hear of his name again. IMO he’s overrated as the “heart and soul” of the team when he’s fragile as hell :laugh:
💯💯💯💯

So criminally overpaid 'warrior player' supposedly plays with less intensity and he should be given respect?

He's burnt toast who won't change his style of play to be useful. It's embarrassing to watch him on ice trying to be a pest when he's just collecting unnecessary penalties and thrown on his ass.

Not sure how long we have to be grateful for the hockey he played years ago. Bergevin already gave him 39 million for things he did in the past.
💯💯💯

• Love
Reactions: the

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Thats what happen when you sign your young player on their second contract for so long and so low. I guess Bergevin never tought he would become a 30 goal scorer while piss off other player, he was unperpaid for what ? 3-4 seasons. It was that contract or Gallagher was gone for nothing cause he sure as hell wouldn’t trade him while he and our dear owner wanted playoff. Hope he will heal with time and take it a lil easy and come back stronger when we will be ready to compete

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Heart and sould level whiner, yes.

Never liked him. THANK GOD he wasn't named captain.

He's the one guy I'd pay picks to get rid of. Top10 protected 1st round pick to say bye bye to him and his cap hit

Thats what happen when you sign your young player on their second contract for so long and so low. I guess Bergevin never tought he would become a 30 goal scorer while piss off other player, he was unperpaid for what ? 3-4 seasons. It was that contract or Gallagher was gone for nothing cause he sure as hell wouldn’t trade him while he and our dear owner wanted playoff. Hope he will heal with time and take it a lil easy and come back stronger when we will be ready to compete
He's a 5'09 30 years old winger who had 2 hand fractures, a bunch of other injuries and was never a good skater to begin with. The chances that he "comes back stronger" are as close to 0 as they can be.

He's done, and we all knew he was going to be done around 30 with his style of play. A big FU to Bergevin for this mess.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: the and amethyst

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
That 4.25 is still better than 6.
What are you talking about?

Buyout starting next season has the following Cap cost:

Year 1:

Year 2:

Year 3:

2.292M

Year 4:

4.792M

Year 5:

2.292M

Year 6:

2,292M

Year 7:

2.292M

Year 8:

2.292M

If the buyout was for only 1,75M per year, except for the 2nd year being 4.25M, I'd do it. It's much worse than that, as the maximum Cap hit is in year 4, a bad timing as contracts will need to be renewed...

Bergevin must've gotten a kickback from Gallagher (the .5M)?
I took 2025 as the buyout year, there is always an anchor in 26-27 whether he is bought out in 2023, 2024 or 2025. It stings because it’s right at the moment we should be ready to compete. An even buyout amount would have been way better imo. Anyway, we’ll see if he’s still healthy…

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

• Love
Reactions: PhysicX and the

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Heart and sould level whiner, yes.

Never liked him. THANK GOD he wasn't named captain.

He's the one guy I'd pay picks to get rid of. Top10 protected 1st round pick to say bye bye to him and his cap hit

He's a 5'09 30 years old winger who had 2 hand fracturs, a bunch of other injuries and was never a good skater to begin with. The chances that he "comes back stronger" are as close to 0 as they can be.

He's done, and we all knew he was going to be done around 30 with his style of play. A big FU to Bergevin for this mess.

Hey let me hope :) but i know its unlikely

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Trade him to LA with Bergevin for Cal Petersen then buy him one. One year penalty of 5 mil then a negligible amount for three years.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I took 2025 as the buyout year, there is always an anchor in 26-27 whether he is bought out in 2023, 2024 or 2025. It stings because it’s right at the moment we should be ready to compete. An even buyout amount would have been way better imo. Anyway, we’ll see if he’s still healthy…
And maybe Arizona will still be taking on bad contracts :) :) :)

Reactions: KFlint

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
How do you see the rest of Gallagher career ?

He gets healthier and comeback better?
He’s getting traded in the next few years
He’s getting buyout
LTIR
Buyout?
He won't finish his contract here, he’ll get traded in 2 years with money retained when hopefully, the Habs will entering their competitive window and they'll actually need the cap space.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
What's the future hold for Brendan Gallagher? Four more seasons paid 6.5M.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'm thinking he plays half the games the next two seasons (because he's constantly getting hurt), after which he is either LTIRetired, or bought out if he seems physically healthy and still willing to go out there and play (badly).

Reactions: ReHabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad