Post-Game Talk: Whale

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
They are not all going to look perty, but you take the win like this on the road, west coast trip and you move on.

Tighten up where you need to tighten up and play a better game against the Jets to finish up the road trip strong.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
They play the powerplay like it's 5 on 5.

It's the byproduct of those players not having received much coaching specifically about the PP through the last 2 regimes.

Hopefully that starts to change sometime.

Still want to see Laf or Kakko on PP1 instead of Trocheck, and Trocheck netfront on PP2 and taking draws.
It’s a NYR requirement that the 2nd power play be as poorly optimized as possible in terms of either personnel or alignment.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You know the Rangers are doing good when you wake up to piles of angry hockey fans trying to minimize their wins. Twitter is a literal salt mine this morning, it’s glorious.

Lots of our fans on here are contributing to said salt mine lol.

There is shit to be worried about (4th and 1st line are still ass) but some of yall need to chill. Fine to critique the performance but enjoy the wins.

The “stale” PP is now 2nd in the league.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
This place is depressing even after wins.
200.gif

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
These road trips are always really difficult. It’s good to see them get some find ways to win while shaking off the off season rust and not playing their best hockey.

This. It's October and the dreaded West coast trip. Picking up points here even if not playing well is money in the bank for the rest of the season. Even then we are much better than last year's team in terms of focus and structure. You can tell the PP eg (both 1 & 2) have actual ideas to work off now instead of simply winging it.

Still:
Mika was eyewateringly bad ES, but very good on the special teams, same with Kreider. The much talked about 4th line is an issue that Drury will have to sort out.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Trocheck
21:11
6:38 PP

Austin Matthews
21:50
4:48 PP

M. Tkachuk
18:24

Jack Hughes
22:05
6:13 PP

Draisaitl
21:16

Kucherov
15:38

Larkin
20:06
3:46 PP

Pasternak
20:25
5:16 PP

Most recent games for some of the league's best players compared to Trocheck's overuse.

This guy is playing minutes like he's one of the best players in the league. That PP time is disgusting. And with all that time he's got 1 goal and 2 PP assists. He has 1 EV point.

The team is winning despite it. But this is the most gross overuse of a player with limited abilities I think I've ever seen in a Rangers uniform. Faceoffs, that's the only reason.

The other players getting that usage are top players in the league, some top players of their generations. League leaders in goals and points on an yearly basis. Trocheck isn't even in the top 100 in the league in points this season and he's being force-fed minutes like he's on-fire racking up points left and right.
you don't break up 1 of the top pp units in the league just because of...reasons.The fact you still say he has"limited abilities"is beyond comical at this point

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think we got away with that penalty, was a clear trip. I’ll take it considering I feel my teams are on the short end of the stick with regards to Reffing going their way.

Reactions: egelband

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Genuine question like how is this guy so popular. His vids are literally just him rambling on about random stuff and reading off a white board
I think it’s because here in the lower 48 and in Europe we are so starved for hockey content that we cling on to anyone who is providing it.
When I look at Frank Seravalli channel “ The Daily Faceoff” I noticed that last year despite very few good content he was not receiving views.
This year he has changed the show’s approach to a more Canadian fan bias to attract more viewers. Not sure if it’s working.
IMO, NHL owners are ultimately to blame for refusing to commit serious bank to market the greatest sport in the world.
We are all content starved not just at the pro level but also the NCAA, CHL and European leagues.
I also feel that U.S. fan’s are conditioned to statistics and other than fringe groups addressing this the NHL does not.
Goals, assists, points, +/- and gaa just isn’t sexy.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Not sure we deserved that win.

Bad:
- lucky CK didn’t get called for tripping
- chickens with heads cut off for a good portion of game
- lax PP leading to SHG

Good:
- Mika on the baord
- OT Igor
- Bread man

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Genuine question like how is this guy so popular. His vids are literally just him rambling on about random stuff and reading off a white board

He has a dope jersey collection and exposed Jovo’s muffin shot.

I don’t really like his content so I don’t watch it but I don’t think he’s intentionally abrasive or dumb. Seems like a decent dude who is a fan of hockey, which makes him okay in my book even if his stuff isn’t my cup of tea.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Hopefully Vince asks Lavi soon what he thinks about the 4th line being the worst analytical line since it started being recorded

IT SOMEHOW GOT WORSE.....

Now at 16.7%xG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad