Post-Game Talk: Whale

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Only caught the OT last night which was quite the doozy, and that save by Igor on Kuzmenko was incredible.

Sounds like this game was heavily disrupted by a ton of penalties, so I’ll be happy with the two points and move on. Even if they play poorly, I have the unusual expectation that they’ll get it back on track. Weird feeling after the last 4 years of coaching

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Goodrow is a very obvious trade/buyout candidate in the summer when new contracts for Lindgren and Kakko will be needed.

These league pundits can cry me a river about the officiating. Where was their whining when a very obviously good Will Cuylle goal was called back a game ago? When Chris Neil literally soccer kicked it into the net 11 years ago to decide an eliminaton playoff game, among countless others? Cake eaters.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Hopefully Vince asks Lavi soon what he thinks about the 4th line being the worst analytical line since it started being recorded

IT SOMEHOW GOT WORSE.....

Now at 16.7%xG
bonino has to sit. hes an absolute boat anchor. i get around the ice better than him these days.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Every game VT takes a penalty and usually it isn't in the defensive zone. At least once a game, sometimes more

Fox played like crap for the 1st 50 minutes, then made a lazy pass that led to the shorthanded goal. But then, he kicked himself in the pants and was fantastic for the remainder of the game.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Instead of complaining, can we celebrate the fact that we didn’t have to watch an OT and see a line of Goodrow Schneider and Wheeler or whatever nonsense GG would have 100% done?
We did have to see a lot of Trochek though and very briefly Lindgren lol

Every game VT takes a penalty and usually it isn't in the defensive zone. At least once a game, sometimes more

Fox played like crap for the 1st 50 minutes, then made a lazy pass that led to the shorthanded goal. But then, he kicked himself in the pants and was fantastic for the remainder of the game.

I actually think that pass was intended for Zib, who wasn’t looking. Bad pass either way but if he was really trying to pass to Kreider he would have put more zip on it

Goodrow is a very obvious trade/buyout candidate in the summer when new contracts for Lindgren and Kakko will be needed.

These league pundits can cry me a river about the officiating. Where was their whining when a very obviously good Will Cuylle goal was called back a game ago? When Chris Neil literally soccer kicked it into the net 11 years ago to decide an eliminaton playoff game, among countless others? Cake eaters.

I will literally never get over that Chris Neil goal. I don’t care that we won that game, that was biggest bullshit in the history of bullshits. And Chris Neil was a sack of human waste to top it all off.

Reactions: Ranger Wolf

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
They were losing guys with the speed in our own zone.

Lafreniere has some terrible passing tonight. But carried the puck through the neutral zone and that's encouraging to see.

If Chytil played at 25% tonight that line probably generates something more. He was bad. Seemed like he thought nobody was going to push him off the puck. He protected with a reached, stopped skating and just got muscled off the puck all night.

Fox wasn't very good with his zone exit passing. Short handed goal is on him.

Thought Igor should have had the short handed one. Played well after.

We'll take the 2 points here. Gus is the best thing to happen to Schneider.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Maybe we'll call up a snot nosed kid to play 8 min of 5 on 5 to replace a key penalty killer on the 4th line (stop line numbering, Huerter). Big storyline in the coming days.

According to Joey Mich, The Fox pass to Mika was bad because it was too slow. THE 10 FOOT PASS THAT LED MIKA IN STRIDE WAS TOO SLOW.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I just want consistency... as everyone would.

A penalty is a penalty. A kicking motion is a kicking motion.
Consistency is difficult, especially when it comes to penalties. Every referee comes in with some level of subjectivity and combined with the fact that the game moves incredibly fast, and a ref can't always get the best angle to view or sometimes have an obstructed view, you realize that the idea of consistency is a pipe dream.

But for kicking motion, there should absolutely be more consistency and the war room has become a joke in that regard.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I’m biased but I don’t think that was a clear cut trip. Maybe I haven’t seen a good replay. Looks like he tried to beat Kreider and tripped over Kreiders skate as part of his move, not that Kreider stuck out a foot or leg or something.
I think it’s something that could be and does get called, but I’m also not surprised iN OT they let it go if it’s not blatant and seemed to be related to the path Petterson took rather than an action by kreider

That said if there’s a better video/angle i could change my mind

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I’m biased but I don’t think that was a clear cut trip. Maybe I haven’t seen a good replay. Looks like he tried to beat Kreider and tripped over Kreiders skate as part of his move, not that Kreider stuck out a foot or leg or something.
I think it’s something that could be and does get called, but I’m also not surprised iN OT they let it go if it’s not blatant and seemed to be related to the path Petterson took rather than an action by kreider

That said if there’s a better video/angle i could change my mind

That was Kreider skating. He looks like that all the time, he has the turning radius of a tanker. If you watch him he is turning on his own axis and EP hits him. Pettersson was also very wide legged and could have avoided Kredier's leg. Kreider has no obligation to get out of the EP's way.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
That was Kreider skating. He looks like that all the time, he has the turning radius of a tanker. If you watch him he is turning on his own axis and EP hits him. Pettersson was also very wide legged and could have avoided Kredier's leg. Kreider has no obligation to get out of the EP's way.

This is accurate. The "HE STUCK HIS LEG OUT" analysis is wrong.

But we also see that get called ALL of the time so I understand the frustration on the part of Canucks fans. I'd be pissed if the shoe were on the other foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad