Post-Game Talk: We're still in Flurida 7:09pm ET start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
This is ridiculous. holding the stick, high sticking, interference on the ning and no call. But the first chance to call the CAPS on anything and they do.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
So is Evgeni Kuznetsov the best forward we've had on the team since Ovi/Backstrom have been in their prime?

We've had other guys come in and do well - but this kid seems special.

What's crazy is we've seen his progress in just about one years time. Remember last year where he wasn't doiong well first half of year? Then by playoffs he was arguably our best player in a lot of games.

This year he's even better.... which could mean he's still progressing/still getting better... which is a scary thought If Kuzy even improves a lot from the player he is now - he could be that difference maker that could give opposing defenses something they never had to deal with before when the playoffs start.... Two legit scoring lines that you don't know who to put your top defensive pairing on. In the past it was other teams matching up their top defensive line against Ovi/Backstroms line every time they went on the ice and made our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line beat them - which teams bet we couldn't do 4 times out of 7 - and most times they were right.

I don't think they're going to be right with that approach this year. Mr Playoffs Williams and Kuzy against 2nd and 3rd pairing defenses will dominate teams IMO.

It's unbelievable, just at the start of the season, I was expecting decent 2nd line production from Kuzy. Instead, he leads the team in scoring and is a PPG #1C with already a third of the season in the books. He is getting better every game and I wouldn't be surprised to see him destroy the competition in the playoffs. He's a clutch player and we don't have a lot of those.
Outside of the obvious Ovi and Nick, he's the best forward we've had since the glory days of Sasha. He could even surpass Sasha thanks to his consistency, who knows?

All I know is that he's been making great players look bad on a regular basis since that series against the Isles. If Burakovsky can give us half of what Kuzy gives us right now look out.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Tim Peel, game manager.

That's a **** call. Niskanen has as much right to play that puck as the Bolt, who was skating backwards and not looking where he was going.

And there's the goal. **** you, Peel.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Have we had any news on Orpik? I swear he's been day to day for about 2 months now

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Backstrom has the quietest 7 game point streak ever. I had no idea until I just checked that he has scored points in 7 straight games.

After Secondary Sidney we have Secondary Nicky. He's just been getting easy apples. However, don't forget he had surgery this summer and is still at PPG.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I keep thinking Burro is going to be a big time player for us. I want him in the lineup every night. I think he has crazy potential.

It just seems like he's off. I hate saying this - but maybe next year w/ him having a fresh start would be best option.

It's odd w/ Burro. IMO he's struggling finding his way in the NHL - but he's too good for the AHL. I think if he went to the AHL I'm not sure how much he'd really improve.

Then again, maybe he doesn't really need to improve with his talents/skill/learning.... maybe it's just a confidence thing?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
We are 100% last year's Caps again. Doesn't matter if there's improvement in Oshie, Williams, and a better Kuz, Trotz coaching creates the same team. This will be another short post-season with this type of offensive zone play, no matter the outcome of this game.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
We are 100% last year's Caps again. Doesn't matter if there's improvement in Oshie, Williams, and a better Kuz, Trotz coaching creates the same team. This will be another short post-season with this type of offensive zone play, no matter the outcome of this game.

This team is different than last years team.

Last year we were the heaviest/biggest team in teh NHL. Everyone was 6 ft over 200 lbs.

This year we are different. Sure, it may seem like things are the same to you - but I literally see everything about this team being different. In fact, I think every line is very different than last year too except Nisky/Alzner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad