Post-Game Talk: We're still in Flurida 7:09pm ET start

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Caps have hit the post 3 or 4 times this game.

Yes, they got outplayed - but Caps had a lot of good chances too. Against a guy who has a 1.95 GAA the Caps could easily have had 5 goals tonight.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
We are 100% last year's Caps again. Doesn't matter if there's improvement in Oshie, Williams, and a better Kuz, Trotz coaching creates the same team. This will be another short post-season with this type of offensive zone play, no matter the outcome of this game.

5 shots on the posts tonight, it could've been 4 or 5-1 easily.

2 pts in TB, next!

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Holtby, Schmidt, Kuz have been studly tonite

These guys have pitched in: Beagle, Laich, Wilson, Alzner

The rest were underwhelming, IMO.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
20-6-2.

Still haven't lost 2 games in a row.

Caps are actually starting to separate themselves a little bit in terms of being in 1st place. 3 points ahead w/ 2 games in hand.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This team is different than last years team.

Last year we were the heaviest/biggest team in teh NHL. Everyone was 6 ft over 200 lbs.

This year we are different. Sure, it may seem like things are the same to you - but I literally see everything about this team being different. In fact, I think every line is very different than last year too except Nisky/Alzner.

Talking about the net effect. Poor puck movement and little synchrony between forwards. Also a major turtle job in the 3rd. Don't think this will translate well in the playoffs.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
We are 100% last year's Caps again. Doesn't matter if there's improvement in Oshie, Williams, and a better Kuz, Trotz coaching creates the same team. This will be another short post-season with this type of offensive zone play, no matter the outcome of this game.

Whatever you say man.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Talking about the net effect. Poor puck movement and little synchrony between forwards. Also a major turtle job in the 3rd. Don't think this will translate well in the playoffs.

Disagreed. Bolts played desperately in the 3rd and slightly outplayed the Caps but I still didn't believe them.:nono:

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
You should be glad to watch this team sleepwalk through the season. That said it's not always the funnest thing to watch.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
In theory this should have been a period in which we got some counterattack odd-man rushes

How often does this team get those? There's a laboring nature to our skating and passing, quick strike is not in our vocabulary. And that's surprising given the skill guys we have. That's going to be a problem in the playoffs because "hard earned" goals are hard to come by as we discovered last season. Going to need the occasional easy goal.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
came here to joke about winning this game undeservedly and not counting this win as the real win, but some people are still upset with the game :snakehead I'm probably in minority, but i thought we played well. They outplayed us at the beginning of the game, but then we forced them play our game. Even with the gifts of PPs, they couldn't do much. Sure there were some momentums for them as the result of them being a good team and carlson being drunk with orlov being unexperienced, but we covered up that pretty quickly.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
How often does this team get those? There's a laboring nature to our skating and passing, quick strike is not in our vocabulary. And that's surprising given the skill guys we have. That's going to be a problem in the playoffs because "hard earned" goals are hard to come by as we discovered last season. Going to need the occasional easy goal.

dude, a game in december is gonna be the reason why they wont do well in the playoffs?

i mean the caps absolutely stunk at this time last year. fans were saying if they got in they would be out fast (seems familiar again) and they were 1:30 away from the the ecf (sorry for that)

so your telling me, a team that is absolutely better then last years team is gonna do worse because they arent winning games 10-0?

take a look around the east, the rangers are 2-7 in last 9, the penguins are struggling, the canadiens are up and down, the islanders dont show up for games, we beat tampa twice playing so so, red wings are up and down

if we are bad then imagine how bad the rest of the east is if we are basically the top team in the east (less games played should get the points)

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
btw, I'm always checking what opposite players and coaches say and it seems every team has their best game against us. Now Tampa saying the same. Honestly I don't like that trend. Though I thought we played a decent game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad