Post-Game Talk: We're still in Flurida 7:09pm ET start

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
btw, I'm always checking what opposite players and coaches say and it seems every team has their best game against us. Now Tampa saying the same. Honestly I don't like that trend. Though I thought we played a decent game.

better question would be, how often do they say we they didnt play well? but if they wanna think they played great then fine :) but the caps won and thats all that matters

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
btw, I'm always checking what opposite players and coaches say and it seems every team has their best game against us. Now Tampa saying the same. Honestly I don't like that trend. Though I thought we played a decent game.

Of course coaches and players will pump their own tires to make themselves feel better about losing.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
'Slightly outplayed' us in 3rd?

Shots were 15-1 for them.

We were extremely fortunate they didn't bang in another after the PPG. They were in our zone constantly.

Their PP is completely disorganized. No ifs and buts, we won this one fair and square. We parked the bus Chelsea style, I'm sure CCF can tell you a lot about that tactic and its virtues. That's how Trotz wants the team to play, shutdown defense.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
what do you, guys, think about Galiev? The 3rd line with him seems more dangerous and it seems he has chemistry with Beages. Could be a very 3rd liner for us down the road.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
what do you, guys, think about Galiev? The 3rd line with him seems more dangerous and it seems he has chemistry with Beages. Could be a very 3rd liner for us down the road.

I don't mind playing him on a regular basis, he turns the puck over less than Bura and does more offensively than Latta. It's a nice problem to have.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Galiev looked pretty good and I thought he has every chance he's gotten. Not sure why he doesn't get more games. Unless they don't like his practice speed?

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Good game from the depth players and Holtby. I really liked both Galiev and Burakovsky today.
Pathetic game from the 1st line and Carlson.
Embarrassing reffing.
Was enough to beat a non-playoff team missing 2 good players I guess.

And yes, this is definitely sleepwalking. I hope you guys are happy with being outshot 155-1 in the 3rd and our most promising defenseman getting beat up.

fRP8jZ5.gif

He should have gone full Rockhold after passing his guard.

Next game is new coach Penguins, right? I hope to see some harder work against a team that gave us a pretty cringeworthy loss earlier this year.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Their PP is completely disorganized. No ifs and buts, we won this one fair and square. We parked the bus Chelsea style, I'm sure CCF can tell you a lot about that tactic and its virtues. That's how Trotz wants the team to play, shutdown defense.

Defense wins Championships! Hey I'd love to win every game 5-1, but it's nice to know they can protect a lead.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Holtby said he's not worried about the fact that he has only one shutout.

"What I've been trying to work on is consistency from Day One," he said. "I feel that two-goal range is where you give your team a chance to win. It makes it easier on your mental game if you're not trying to get a shutout every night. It breeds more consistency. There's always room for improvement."

Well, that's the source of him shaking off bad goals easily, I guess. Mitch Korn is the real deal.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
He's top 5 in sv%, leads the NHL in wins and GAA, he shouldn't be worried about stupid shutouts when the team in front of him plays 1-15 shot periods :dunno:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Rangers are in a full on tail spin. Montreal has lost 4 in reg and 1 in ot in their last 10. Even Dallas has only won 6 of its last 10. It sure looks like this is the time of season where good teams get some injuries and/or lose focus a little. The Caps are 8-1-1 in this run.

Tampa Bay needed to win that game.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Good game from the depth players and Holtby. I really liked both Galiev and Burakovsky today.
Pathetic game from the 1st line and Carlson.
Embarrassing reffing.
Was enough to beat a non-playoff team missing 2 good players I guess.

And yes, this is definitely sleepwalking. I hope you guys are happy with being outshot 155-1 in the 3rd and our most promising defenseman getting beat up.

fRP8jZ5.gif

He should have gone full Rockhold after passing his guard.

Next game is new coach Penguins, right? I hope to see some harder work against a team that gave us a pretty cringeworthy loss earlier this year.

If I remember correctly, the game was pretty tight until the third. Kuzy broke the ice for us, but then everyone including Holtby slacked off and they went right back at us with Kessel and Bennett. The Pens might not be where they want to be this year but they're still one of the most dangerous groups out there offensively. If the team slacks off even for a minute they'll make us pay. I wish we had Orpik for that game.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
How is that icing, I thought it if went through the blue paint it wasn't icing? Am I wrong?

Icing is Rule 81 if you want to look it up. There's no mention of this crease/paint exception in the rule. I remember thinking this was the case for years, but I don't remember where that belief came from. Maybe it's an excised part of the old rule, or just a fan myth...?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Let's not forget ALL the momentum changed on that ******** tripping call against Niskanen, blown by the infamous Tim Peel. The game was pretty much an even duel with the Caps on top 2-0 until that "game management" penalty, which gave Tampa new life after the power play goal. You could see the momentum shift completely.

Do the Caps need to be able to overcome that stuff? Yes, as much as they can, and they did. But as the saying goes "the other guys get paid, too". Tampa was desperate for a win at home and they made a great push at the end, aided by the referee. Sometimes **** like that happens.

2 ****in points, Mr. Peel.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
It was close, but we couldn't connect on a pass, create anything and looked asleep. It was a shameful game. Oh well. We are a better team than the Pens do this year, we should win.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

He has to stay in the lineup. Trotz needs to give him 10-15 straight and lets see what the kid has.

Trading Marjo will really help solidify roles I think.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Trading MoJo to create roster spot sounds like a really pointless plan for a team going for the Cup. If he returns elite 3rd line center? Sure then. Burakovsky or Galiev as of now aren't exactly pushing him out of the line-up either. Neither of them are ready for a top-6 role and i'm not sure Galiev will ever be. Burakovsky has the potential but if MoJo were traded for picks and Bura kept playing like he is now, he'd still found himself in the 4th line and we'd propably have to endure Laich in the 2nd line.

To make that plan sound even worse, MoJo is RFA so they can just as easily trade him after the playoffs. Among internal options, he's easily the best one in the 2LW, so without major upgrade elsewhere, just keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille