GDT: Welcome to the Black Parade: WCQF game 3, (1)Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1)LA Kings @7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
And to think so many of you guys were drooling for this matchup. :laugh:
i don't think that's fair to say when it was almost all on the caveat that muzzin and doughty were in the lineup and we still had reservations about forbort maybe playing

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I preferred Vegas but wasn't drooling over it: just liked it more than San Jose and Anaheim didn't really seem like a possibility until the last game of the season.

San Jose looks better than Vegas so far. The Kings would look like trash against them as well.

As for talking about fighting, I'm pretty sure there hasn't been one fighting major in the playoffs so far this season. That includes major blowout games in the Philly/Pitt series as well as Boston/Toronto.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
It's a culture thing. Stevens is a robot. Kopitar is a robot. Unless Quick explodes, the Kings don't really show any emotion other than Doughty whining. Sutter at least demanded the best out of guys. Stevens doesn't seem like he holds players accountable. Also, guys like Richards, Stoll, Williams, Mitchell, Greene, and Regehr are gone. Guys who wear their hearts on their sleeves. Now they have these younger guys who look up to the emotionless players or guys like Toffoli who are more worried about eating cupcakes and the Dodgers.

Sutter: "You can't coach emotion into players" "They have to want to win for each-other".

Reactions: kingsholygrail

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Spectacular? Nah... it was a nice move by Neal, but we all agree that Quick should have saved it.
It was a goal that we could score in regular season... Pearson, Toffoli, Carter, Brown... but just not in this series.

Disagree lol that was a specatular filthy move, it was a complete body fake, stutter step and around he went.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The big thing Vegas has going for them is the emotional side of things. They have the "nobody believes in us" thing going for them which is pretty powerful. They are setting modern-day expansion team records with every win and they are enjoying it.

Kings need more players behind 11/8/32 that haven't won yet and are hungry. Guys with something to prove.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
As for talking about fighting, I'm pretty sure there hasn't been one fighting major in the playoffs so far this season. That includes major blowout games in the Philly/Pitt series as well as Boston/Toronto.

That's crazy, man. Especially the PHI/PIT series. This league is softer than charmin, now. All in the name for more viewers and fear of lawsuits. Just like the NFL with the expanded "crown of the helmet" rule they just passed.

These two sports will be pure finesse leagues in a decade or two.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kings handling of the puck and puck control has been atrocious. The worst I've seen in years. Just abysmal. However, I've never seen such an aggressive team as LV that allows you no room to
do anything and they are always in position and quick on the puck and opponent. Kings forecheck has been about the poorest I've seen in years too.

Sure you have.

The 2012-14 Kings.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I preferred Vegas but wasn't drooling over it: just liked it more than San Jose and Anaheim didn't really seem like a possibility until the last game of the season.

San Jose looks better than Vegas so far. The Kings would look like trash against them as well.

Reactions: KingTrouty

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

I stand corrected. I didn't check the box scores of Friday's games since I was on delay watching the Kings game and then simply didn't give two shits about looking at any other NHL stuff after the loss.

Good on Minnesota. Beat up on a guy and then go home to their building and take care of business.

Reactions: Reaper45

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I stand corrected. I didn't check the box scores of Friday's games since I was on delay watching the Kings game and then simply didn't give two ****s about looking at any other NHL stuff after the loss.

Good on Minnesota. Beat up on a guy and then go home to their building and take care of business.
Pretty much. I gotta give Kempe some props for going after guys a bit but he shouldn't be the only one.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Kyle Clifford should absolutely take Haula to the woodshed tomorrow. Take a penalty if you have to, but you don't let a guy butt-end your captain in the face.

Clifford won't do anything, lol. If he wanted to actually do something meaningful he'd score a goal and the odds of that happening are almost zero.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Kyle Clifford should absolutely take Haula to the woodshed tomorrow. Take a penalty if you have to, but you don't let a guy butt-end your captain in the face.
Haula won't fight. Kings just need to win and since they can't score, giving Vegas a power play attempt isn't going to help. It's too late for a message. Vegas doesn't respect the Kings. They're laughing in our faces. Look at Colin Miller after every single play. He's laughing at someone.

BTW, apparently Lucic has been at all 3 Kings playoff games. Anyone else find that weird? I know he's really close with the guys on the team still and still has his house in LA but going to Vegas to watch them play seems odd.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Haula won't fight. Kings just need to win and since they can't score, giving Vegas a power play attempt isn't going to help. It's too late for a message. Vegas doesn't respect the Kings. They're laughing in our faces. Look at Colin Miller after every single play. He's laughing at someone.

BTW, apparently Lucic has been at all 3 Kings playoff games. Anyone else find that weird? I know he's really close with the guys on the team still and still has his house in LA but going to Vegas to watch them play seems odd.

Pretty sure Lucic would have loved to stay here but he made the right call in going where the Brinks truck backed up for him.

Still feel Lombardi thought he could re-sign him when he first made the trade. Lot of hubris that came out of the 2014 run and, again, I find a hard time blaming everyone involved. The 2014 run was so unbelievably insane that it would be hard not to have it go to your head.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Pretty sure Lucic would have loved to stay here but he made the right call in going where the Brinks truck backed up for him.

Still feel Lombardi thought he could re-sign him when he first made the trade. Lot of hubris that came out of the 2014 run and, again, I find a hard time blaming everyone involved. The 2014 run was so unbelievably insane that it would be hard not to have it go to your head.
I think Lombardi thought Brown or Gaborik would have good years and he would've been able to trade one of them. The Kings actually could have signed Lucic without trading anyone but then they would've had 3 horrific contracts on the books. And yes, I agree that he would've preferred to stay here.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Every GM gambles at some point. Lombardi gambled on Lucic/Gabo/Brown/Richards in the long run it cost Lombardi his job. In the short term Lombardi delivered two cups.

Blake will be forced to gamble at some point, if it turns out bad everyone will think Blake is a moron just like Lombardi is labeled now.

Last edited:

RONNIEC

Feb 27, 2018
Los Angeles

Not only their players, their fans also.
I was there last night, and their fans were so intimidating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad