GDT: Welcome to the Black Parade: WCQF game 3, (1)Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1)LA Kings @7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Ehh he could tone it down a bit, especially the trolling, but I don't have that much of a problem with it. Just how he is. Crosby is a huge whiner. Malkin is a huge whiner. Toews is also. The only thing I don't like is Doughty trolling or sometimes being too honest. Which doesn't make sense but why is he coming out before the series saying the Kings are better than Vegas? I'm glad he thinks that but no need to say it publicly. Or in 2016 when he said after game 3 vs San Jose that the Kings have them right where they want them. Really? Down 2-1 is where you want to be? Let your game do the talking.

He actually said that way back after our first game vs. the Knights, There's no way that team will be better than us by the end of the year. That was what, October? November?

The fact that people dig that hard to shit on him shows how many heads he's living in.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
He actually said that way back after our first game vs. the Knights, There's no way that team will be better than us by the end of the year. That was what, October? November?

The fact that people dig that hard to **** on him shows how many heads he's living in.
Didn't he say it again before the series? I thought I read somewhere that he said that. Maybe I read it wrong.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Didn't he say it again before the series? I thought I read somewhere that he said that. Maybe I read it wrong.

Nope, that was just people digging for things to crap on him about.

I don't like him giving teams bulletin board material, don't get me wrong, but that crap article shows the lengths people will attempt to go to to keep personality out of a sport damn near devoid of it.

Reactions: WHOneedsSOX

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
Game 2 was dump the puck out any time you can and hope Vegas makes a mistake. They had a chance to win, but not really. They weren't in the game other than for a decent run of play in the 3rd period. OT was almost pointless. I think Kopitar had one shot, and that was it.

All true, my basic observation was that it was on the road, went to double OT, they scored and did it without DD and Muzzin. It was an impotent offensive display, they all have been. On the evidence, though, you could say they did better with Gravel and LaDue.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
I don't get this attitude. The Kings managed to pull off a miracle of sports in 2014. While they certainly shouldn't rollover, I don't get the confidence from some fans.

So what's he suppose to say, he's not living in the past he hoping with his heart just like he did 25-35 different times the last 42 years I been here ,he's a fan not some analytical genius like people on web sites, he just has to believe it's the way he's built, how many times when a kings team that had a losing record snuck into the playoffs did he build us up with " you just got to get in and maybe ride a hot goalie and you never know" IMO it's better to watch sports for the miraculous times than sit on a web site with your ten reasons why we can't do this ask patriot fans which was better of the last two years , it's why they play the games instead of just using NHL 18. Until we're done we are not done Go Kings Go......... unfortunately last night did feel like we were done so say a prayer they play up to their abilities but I am sure a few here don't believe in the either , doesn't calculate

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Only way I see the Kings coming back in the series (or winning the series at all) is shutting out the Knights the next 4 games. 3 games in and they've shown no offense. I expect more of the same the next game. If Quick can pull this off, this alone should put him in the HOF.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
When they beat the living crap out of SJ on the road in Game 5 I had a pretty good feeling they were going to win the series. No way could this crew play a game like that one.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I already said during the game: "this is where we just lost the game". It was Fleury's pad save on Toffoli in the 2nd period while we were up 1-0. I don't know why 1) Toffoli took his time to drink a coffee before he shot, and 2) he didn't elevate the puck.

But that's a law in sports (not just hockey): if you miss such huge chances, you're gonna be punished eventually.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
some half-decent, non-biased reffing would help too!
Agreed. Funny how Haula didn't get suspended. But it's kinda obvious: the further the Miracle On Ice 2.0 team goes, the better the NHL will be able to sell their story.

However, that accounts for 5% max. The rest is on us. If we score only 3 goals in 215 minutes, it's not the refs' or the league's fault.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
as a fan i'm obviously disappointed with the result so far. it's a shitty feeling about how the series went. but i do respect the fight and effort the players showed. imho they don't deserve to be crucified and i just hope the emerging blame game will not hurt the team.

oh boy, i do wish them to win tonight. and it will be huge if they do. for their own sake, not for ours. they still have something to prove - to no one but to themselves.

just do it. gkg!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Only way I see the Kings coming back in the series (or winning the series at all) is shutting out the Knights the next 4 games. 3 games in and they've shown no offense. I expect more of the same the next game. If Quick can pull this off, this alone should put him in the HOF.

They need some goals from Brown, Toffoli, Carter, and Pearson. Kopitar would help too, but at least he's gotten a couple chances. Brown and Toffoli haven't scored a playoff goal since 2014. Carter can't seem to skate, and Pearson got real weak. Doughty has 1 assist since 2014. Too many guys have put up too few numbers. And yes, they also need Quick to keep the Knights under 2 probably.

They just need more of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad