GDT: Welcome to the Black Parade: WCQF game 3, (1)Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1)LA Kings @7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Exactly, hence Sutter laughing when the press asked about first line second line, etc. I remember him saying something to the point that if "insert name" (Fraser, Stoll, etc) cant match up against whoever they were playing in that series they probably didn't belong in the league.

The Kings can't roll 4 lines and win anymore. Not even close.

I mean look at our lines for Game 2. Lewis and Reider in scoring line roles, Kempe who actually had some jump this series centering the corpse of Tyler Toffoli and fringe NHL'er Kyle Clifford as a supposed 3rd line?

The only chance the Kings had in this series was loading up Kopitar and Carter and playing that line 20+ minutes.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Points generated by each line for Vegas vs. LA...

Marchessault: 2 assists
Karlsson: 1 goal
Smith: 2 assists

Tuch: 1 goal, 1 assist
Haula: 1 goal
Neal: 1 goal, 1 assist

Carpenter: 1 assist
Eakin: 1 goal
Perron: 1 assist

Nosek: 1 assist
Bellemare: 0 points
Carrier: 0 points
Tatar: 0 points

VS.

Iafallo: 1 goal
Kopitar: 1 goal, 1 assist
Brown: 1 assist

Pearson: 0 points
Carter: 0 points
Toffoli: 0 points

Rieder: 0 points
Kempe: 0 points
Lewis: 0 points

Clifford: 0 points
Thompson: 0 points
Mitchell: 0 points
Amadio: 1 assist

Only 7 Kings players have collected points in this playoff series, and the remaining ones are defensemen: LaDue, Phaneuf, and Fantenberg.

The depth on this team is absolute garbage.

Reactions: KINGS17
Jul 31, 2005
CA
On a positive note this is the best Quick has looked in the playoffs since 2014, albeit bad goal at the worst time.

But additions like Folin, Fantenberg, Forbort, Ladue have looked decent and better D fill than Kings have had in a few years. Martinez and Muzzin had good comeback years. Phaneuf looked to try to make a difference.

Iafallo, and Kempe are forwards with an apparent future.

There has been lots of try this season by the lineup, and continuing into this series, but this lineup lacks depth, scoring depth, and isn't and showing mileage.

But again the defensive efforts have been solid in the series. The GAA was ridiculously low for the first 3 games until late last night.

If there was a trophy for being the best player on a team that got swept in the first round it should go to Quick.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Points generated by each line for Vegas vs. LA...

Marchessault: 2 assists
Karlsson: 1 goal
Smith: 2 assists

Tuch: 1 goal, 1 assist
Haula: 1 goal
Neal: 1 goal, 1 assist

Carpenter: 1 assist
Eakin: 1 goal
Perron: 1 assist

Nosek: 1 assist
Bellemare: 0 points
Carrier: 0 points
Tatar: 0 points

VS.

Iafallo: 1 goal
Kopitar: 1 goal, 1 assist
Brown: 1 assist

Pearson: 0 points
Carter: 0 points
Toffoli: 0 points

Rieder: 0 points
Kempe: 0 points
Lewis: 0 points

Clifford: 0 points
Thompson: 0 points
Mitchell: 0 points
Amadio: 1 assist

Only 7 Kings players have collected points in this playoff series, and the remaining ones are defensemen: LaDue, Phaneuf, and Fantenberg.

The depth on this team is absolute garbage.
Now take a look at the Kings top three lines in the 2012 opening round series against Vancouver:

Williams: 0 goal, 3 assist
Kopitar: 1 goal, 3 assist
Brown: 4 goal, 1 assist

Penner: 1 goal, 1 assist
Richards: 1 goal, 2 assist
Carter: 0 goal, 2 assist

King: 0 points
Stoll: 2 goal, 0 assist
Lewis: 1 goal, 1 assist

Plus other contributors from the blue line.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I just wanna hear what Blake and Luc say after we get swept tomorrow . There is no way the Kings win 4 games let alone even 1. This Vegas team is more hungrier and giving their all. Plus Gallant is a better coach than Stevens .

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Vegas would be on their last breath by this point after three games of being hit and leaned on by the 2012 Kings. Bludgeoned is definitely a good word.

I don't think the style is dead at all. You hit it on the head: the players are too old and tired to execute. Stevens has also fumbled this series big time. The Kings were flying in the first period and hitting everything when they had the energy. By the third period, all the top guys were dead on their feet.

Combination of old age, and not rolling four lines to save the top guys' energy. The key to Sutter's system was that he could consistently roll four lines, and Kopitar, etc. weren't gassed by the third.

Kind of an aside because definitely some of it is bad time management but I also wonder how much is the strength and conditioning coach. I can understand Kopitar looking tired, but guys that are getting 15 minutes shouldn't be so gassed.

Quote from article:

During warm-ups for Game 3, after sitting out Game 2 with a one-game suspension, Doughty stood along the red line and yapped at the Golden Knights as they skated by.

This is where Doughty looks like an idiot.

If true, I kind of agree.

I call BS though. He's the only one reporting that, and with all the Doughty hate out there, someone would have caught this. When was the last time you saw Drew standing still during warmups? Maybe he was skating around talking to everyone, but that's literally every game.

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
Poor Gravel got plenty of criticism after game 2. Right now it could be argued that game 2 was the Kings most successful so far in this miserable series, and was so without Doughty and Muzzin.

Teams have shown you don't need an all star defense corps. Serious offensive game plan a must. Kings seemingly have none!

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Kind of an aside because definitely some of it is bad time management but I also wonder how much is the strength and conditioning coach. I can understand Kopitar looking tired, but guys that are getting 15 minutes shouldn't be so gassed.

If true, I kind of agree.

I call BS though. He's the only one reporting that, and with all the Doughty hate out there, someone would have caught this. When was the last time you saw Drew standing still during warmups? Maybe he was skating around talking to everyone, but that's literally every game.

I agree if he did this but I was there for most of it and did not see him doing it or the commotion it surely would have caused , and don't call him shirley

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Quote from article:

During warm-ups for Game 3, after sitting out Game 2 with a one-game suspension, Doughty stood along the red line and yapped at the Golden Knights as they skated by.

This is where Doughty looks like an idiot.

The author of that article clearly has an axe to grind but I mostly agree with his point. Doughty acts like a child. I’m not saying it outweighs his phenomenal ability, but there is a negative effect on him and the team. I’m shocked he wears a letter on his jersey. He’s really one of the whiniest players in the league.

Reactions: lumbergh

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Doughty plays with emotion , swagger and he's competitive. That's what your supposed to want from one of the best players to ever play for your team. Stop nagging about his antics and instead back the guy up. I love his antics . If everyone was as competitive as Doughty we would look more like the Knights team in this series instead of a team who can't finish. The turning point last night was Toffoli not finishing that play . Carter looks pathetic and Stevens is getting out coached . You score a goal and don't call timeout and put out the same players who are tired in the ice for the final 3 minutes .
Put fresh hungry legs out there like Iaffalo and Kempe get the puck in then pull your goalie again. Stupid all around by the coach , some of the players and the so called fans on this website

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Doughty plays with emotion , swagger and he's competitive. That's what your supposed to want from one of the best players to ever play for your team. Stop nagging about his antics and instead back the guy up.

This is just silly. A player can have all that AND have composure. Any grown adult, especially a pro at the top of his field, should have a basic ability to calm themselves and not act like a f***ing toddler. Unless you’re saying guys like Lidstrom and Neddermeyer weren’t competitive. Pretty ridiculous notion. Also, if you think everyone is going to stop talking about his ridiculous cry baby garbage and just “back him up”, you should probably find something else to occupy your time with. The internet is not for you.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
People are only complaining about Doughty's "antics" because we lost.

When we lose: Doughty is crybaby. Kopitar is an emotionaless robot.

In truth it doesn't matter. All different types of personalities make up successful players, and it has nothing to do with why we lost.

Reactions: Kylo Ren

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
yeah i didn't see doughty yapping at anyone, i don't think anyone hung around center ice except phaneuf and he and kopi always stretch in the same spots near there

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
The author of that article clearly has an axe to grind but I mostly agree with his point. Doughty acts like a child. I’m not saying it outweighs his phenomenal ability, but there is a negative effect on him and the team. I’m shocked he wears a letter on his jersey. He’s really one of the whiniest players in the league.
Ehh he could tone it down a bit, especially the trolling, but I don't have that much of a problem with it. Just how he is. Crosby is a huge whiner. Malkin is a huge whiner. Toews is also. The only thing I don't like is Doughty trolling or sometimes being too honest. Which doesn't make sense but why is he coming out before the series saying the Kings are better than Vegas? I'm glad he thinks that but no need to say it publicly. Or in 2016 when he said after game 3 vs San Jose that the Kings have them right where they want them. Really? Down 2-1 is where you want to be? Let your game do the talking.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
This is just silly. A player can have all that AND have composure. Any grown adult, especially a pro at the top of his field, should have a basic ability to calm themselves and not act like a ****ing toddler. Unless you’re saying guys like Lidstrom and Neddermeyer weren’t competitive. Pretty ridiculous notion. Also, if you think everyone is going to stop talking about his ridiculous cry baby garbage and just “back him up”, you should probably find something else to occupy your time with. The internet is not for you.

Doughty is his own man and player he isn't Lidstrom nor Niedermayer . I understand your point but it doesn't change the fact that he is still the best player in the world in his position and he is our player . Yup your right people crying do annoy me that's why I barely post and have been a member since 06 as you can see if you take a look.

My time is very occupied I have businesses all throughout LA but hockey is my getaway from the stress and reality . I stay updated with prospects and everything hockey throughout the year but mostly lurk the sites. However once in a while I'll state my mind after reading so many pathetic comments

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Every GM gambles at some point. Lombardi gambled on Lucic/Gabo/Brown/Richards in the long run it cost Lombardi his job. In the short term Lombardi delivered two cups.

Blake will be forced to gamble at some point, if it turns out bad everyone will think Blake is a moron just like Lombardi is labeled now.

Sekera...

The problem became damn near everything Lombardi did post 2014 was a disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->