GDT: Welcome to the Black Parade: WCQF Game 2, (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) LA Kings @7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
]

Fantenberg played 41:03 last night, second most of all players, except Martinez, who played 44. Intersting to note Toffoli only had 19:56, which was about 8-10 mins less than: Carter, Pearson and Lewis! ...even Rieder had 23 mins. Makes you wonder if TT is 100% healthy. Kempe only had 18:02 and needs more time out there.
I think team speed is being addressed with adding Iafallo and Rieder and the recent drafts, with Clague and JAD. Fantenberg is not signed beyond this year and pretty sure Gravel will not be back. I was biting nails, every time he was out there. Wouldn't mind seeing Fantenberg getting another contract, but I am sure he may have better options. Would not be shocked to see Clague make the team.

Actually I think Fantenberg will get another contract, Kings decided to let him develop a bit more in the AHL and it sure seemed to have paid off.

I think Muzzin gets moved, you need to find another guy who has the potential to play on the top line with Kopitar.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
]

Actually I think Fantenberg will get another contract, Kings decided to let him develop a bit more in the AHL and it sure seemed to have paid off.

I think Muzzin gets moved, you need to find another guy who has the potential to play on the top line with Kopitar.
I'd rather move Martinez personally.

Muzzin-Doughty
Phaneuf-Martinez
Brickley-LaDue
*Folin

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I'm not impressed by Vegas at all. I think we can turn this series around starting with our home game Sunday. With that said, this season was just a tryout year for nearly half the roster. Blake didn't make any risky moves because he wanted to see what he has before making any changes. We weren't going to seriously compete for the cup this year, and no way did I expect us to get into the playoffs.

It's going to be interesting to see what moves Blake makes, now that he knows what he has in his hands. I am very curious to see if Vilardi cracks the roster and how he performs. Our biggest needs in the offseason are going to be two wingers to play in the top 6, one of which may be Vilardi.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
The officiating was atrocious all night long, both sides,

The slash on Marchessault, WTF was that, one of the weakest calls I've seen, the one on Phaneuf, that is a call you make in game 1 when everyone was scrumming it up, a day late and a dollar short to the party on that one, just...absolutely garbage last night, but, it was for both sides.
Did Neal tap Quick on the head with his stick after the whistle on purpose or did I just imagine it? Pretty sure he did cause Folin and I think Thompson went right after him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Toffoli didn't deserve the minutes he got. Downright putrid. Really hard to watch how far he's fallen off a cliff.

I feel bad for Gravel. Clearly overmatched and didn't belong in the game, but that's why he was not playing. Tough to come in cold after sitting on ass for months and be effective.

I feel for Gravel, but I hope he enjoyed his last playing time as a King.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Smaller point because the players have to execute as well but Stevens is in over his head imo.

Stevens hasn't made pretty much any adjustments. You'll notice damn near every faceoff play we'll win the faceoff and immediately lose possession; even when we recover deep in the zone, VGK is already sitting on the breakout routes. Their skating certainly helps them get there, but we haven't done anything except try to square-peg-round-hole through it.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Not sure how anyone who watched the games doesn't see how missing your top three defensemen affects your offense.

Vegas danced around the defense, allowing for easier entry and forcing the players back.

Defense couldn't make a breakout pass to save their lives.

And those calls on Clifford, Phaneuf were garbage. Karlsson looks like he embellished.

Should just rename the team the Vegas Golden Boys.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Smaller point because the players have to execute as well but Stevens is in over his head imo.

Stevens hasn't made pretty much any adjustments. You'll notice damn near every faceoff play we'll win the faceoff and immediately lose possession; even when we recover deep in the zone, VGK is already sitting on the breakout routes. Their skating certainly helps them get there, but we haven't done anything except try to square-peg-round-hole through it.
I agree. Kings have gone almost 8 periods generating what, 3-4 grade A scoring chances and zero even strength goals yet all he's done was change the forward lines one time. He's coaching under the idea that the Kings are only down 1 goal and sooner or later they'll score. How about actually forcing something to happen and scoring a goal?

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Fantenberg played 41:03 last night, second most of all players, except Martinez, who played 44. Intersting to note Toffoli only had 19:56, which was about 8-10 mins less than: Carter, Pearson and Lewis! ...even Rieder had 23 mins. Makes you wonder if TT is 100% healthy. Kempe only had 18:02 and needs more time out there.
I think team speed is being addressed with adding Iafallo and Rieder and the recent drafts, with Clague and JAD. Fantenberg is not signed beyond this year and pretty sure Gravel will not be back. I was biting nails, every time he was out there. Wouldn't mind seeing Fantenberg getting another contract, but I am sure he may have better options. Would not be shocked to see Clague make the team.

Toffoli isn't injured - he has absolutely 0 conditioning.

I will say that he had the most jump (along with Thompson and Mitchell) in OT, but that's really just because they all played less than 20 mins.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I thought your point was that the league is out to get us and it’s a big conspiracy?

League isn't out to get the Kings but rather help Vegas when possible, which they did via Doughty.

Kings are losing on the ice, for sure. The forwards have to be much better.

I just don't think Vegas is a great team. Good: not great.

The results so far are more an indictment of the Kings than anything else.

Reactions: funky

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Martinez played a crazy number of minutes last night, as did many others. I bet it was ice bags and IV's for quite a few of the players on the plane ride home.

I figured after 1OT at least guys like Quick and Kopitar were hitting the IVs and snacks

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
I say throw Brodzinski in - he's got some jump and can create offensively. Move Kempe up with Kopi, as some have mentioned. And put That 70s Line back together (Pearson had an awesome game).
Gravel, never put on the uni again - sorry bud. Amadio also didn't look so hot, regardless of his work on the goal. Folin also had a rough game, but I think he's serviceable on the 3rd pairing for now.

Kempe - Kopi - Brown
Pearson - Carter - Toffoli
Clifford - Lewis - Brodz
Rieder - Thompson - Mitchell

Fantenberg - Doughty
Phaneuf - Martinez
Folin - LaDue

I'm still optimistic we'll turn this around. One game at a time.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Getting Doughty and Muzzin back for Game 3 plus some even calls would be huge in getting the Kings back to 2-2

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
man that was a tough one. How different the outlook would be if we could stolen that game playing SO shorthanded. Hard to find fault with the effort of anyone on the Kings last night (although, unsurprisingly, some here are). Nonetheless, win game 3 and we are back in it.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
The Clifford call was absolutely garbage. The boys gutted that one out and I swear I thought Kopitar's shot went in for a split second. Bummer result. Quick played lights out. His focus has been crazy these first two games.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I must have missed it in the earlier threads. What's timetable on Forborts return. I never thought at the years start we would miss this guy but he is turning into a solid player at a cheap price.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
You can thank Quick for that.

I said this before the series started, we have a chance if we see the Kings team that showed up the last two games of the reg season vs VGK. If we see the team that showed up the first two games of the season vs VGK, we are f-ed. Well, it's pretty obvious which team we've seen. VGK has outplayed us, period. Show me one playoff series since 2012 where we've been outplayed but have still won the series? It's not gonna happen. We are where we should be...the effort has been consistent with the results. Maybe things change at home, maybe we get back Doughty and Muzzin back and the tide changes....but I'm not betting on that after what I've seen so far.

Dude, you ALWAYS throw in the towel. Every year.

Adjustments, bounces, and better players are coming. Have an ounce of patience and faith in your team. Life isn't this terrible.

Reactions: Quattro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad