GDT: Welcome to the Black Parade: WCQF Game 2, (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) LA Kings @7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
You say that as Quick isn't part of the team?

I do? I'm saying that the reason the scores have been as tight as they are is because Quick has been phenomenal...if not, VGK would be up by probably 5-6 more goals. I can't remember one time in this series that we've made Fleury really work.

Vegas isn't as bad as some people have made them out to be, they play a very very solid team game, but they don't give off the same vibe as say, COL or WPG does who can come at you wave after wave, or the same vibe as NSH does etc,

Again, I go back to the first two games we played them...they absolutely came at us wave after wave...this is why they are where they are at. Sorry folks, Vegas is as VERY good team.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I replayed that a few times to make sure what I saw, and that the ref was 15 feet away looking right at it!! :madfire:

The officiating was atrocious all night long, both sides,

The slash on Marchessault, WTF was that, one of the weakest calls I've seen, the one on Phaneuf, that is a call you make in game 1 when everyone was scrumming it up, a day late and a dollar short to the party on that one, just...absolutely garbage last night, but, it was for both sides.

Reactions: yankeeking

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I do? I'm saying that the reason the scores have been as tight as they are is because Quick has been phenomenal...if not, VGK would be up by probably 5-6 more goals. I can't remember one time in this series that we've made Fleury really work.

Again, I go back to the first two games we played them...they absolutely came at us wave after wave...this is why they are where they are at. Sorry folks, Vegas is as VERY good team.

It read that way, Fleury has made his saves when he has had to, granted, not as often as Quick, but he still has saved their bacon, I don't see Vegas coming in wave after wave, after Karlsson line, Tuch line is, meh, it has its spurts, other than that, it's more energy and grind, than skill etc, not saying that isn't good, and they absolutely use everything to the fullest and their advantage, but they are a good team, not a very good one, imo, they are beatable if the offense shows up.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'm just mad about how outrageously soft both of these penalties are

clifford has a stick between his legs, barely even touches fleury, doesn't effect play at all. karlsson creates the contact because he needs to slash quick after the whistle then lets his feet slip out from under him. why's he even skating at the net? but elbow kopi in the head behind the play? no big deal boys play on

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
i'm just mad about how outrageously soft both of these penalties are

clifford has a stick between his legs, barely even touches fleury, doesn't effect play at all. karlsson creates the contact because he needs to slash quick after the whistle then lets his feet slip out from under him. why's he even skating at the net? but elbow kopi in the head behind the play? no big deal boys play on

Are you as equally upset with how soft the Marchessault penalty was?

Initially I was upset about the Clifford penalty, but there was separation and he made no effort to move,

I will give the Phaneuf one, that made no sense....

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
One thing I learned last night Fantenberg seems to be better equipped to play these faster skating teams.
People can talk about missing Forbort all they want, but lets be real, despite his alleged improved play, the guy really struggles against an aggressive forecheck.

Blake is working on trying to fix the team speed, gonna be a tall task, Toffolli is Luc kind of skating slow, he is over matched in this series.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
One thing I learned last night Fantenberg seems to be better equipped to play these faster skating teams.
People can talk about missing Forbort all they want, but lets be real, despite his alleged improved play, the guy really struggles against an aggressive forecheck.

Blake is working on trying to fix the team speed, gonna be a tall task, Toffolli is Luc kind of skating slow, he is over matched in this series.

Fantenberg has looked good the past two games, made some oh crap pinches, and got a beat, but all D do that and get beat etc, I don't know if you replace a Frolin with him, but you think about it

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
We went into the enemies building without our number 1, 2 and 3 defenseman in game two.

The boys played their hearts out an only lost by one goal. We lost to one of the better teams in the league during the regular season, the team that was built for the playoffs and backed by an incredible goalie. They have Depth and speed galore but they too have only scored 3 goals in 2 1/2 games.

Look at it the other way. How are they feeling knowing they can't score against an AHL defenseman? They also know that at least Drew is coming back and they're heading to the enemy building. I don't think Vegas will be celebrating too much yet.

I don't know why some people are ragging on Kopitar play last night. The guy played 40 minutes of hockey lugging The puck from one into the other. He had to be exhausted. No one trains for that type a marathon in the playoffs against a shutdown team like Vegas. We have some other guys that have been true ghosts out there like Toffoli, Reider, and both Carter and Lewis look like they are still recovering from injury.

Saying that though we are still in this and I believe we are going to crush them in our building.

This year was a true write off for me. It was very evident that Blake and company had to reshuffle this team and inject youth in which they did a very good job. It was very evident that the team could still also compete at the same time which we have. I am just going to enjoy how this year plays out and and very curious to see what Blake and Company are going to do in the off-season as I think they are going in the right direction and that we are only a few pieces short.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
And that's my point, Axl.

Every team is beatable. That doesn’t make Vegas “phonies” who are only doing well because they’re scrappy tryhards. Frankly, that’s f***ing stupid, BK, and you’re the last person I would expect that from.

The Knights are not the Coyotes circa 2012. They’re a real team with real talent, including a Cup champion goaltender. Marchessault would be the Kings third if not second best forward. Vegas has a lot of f***ing talent, and they’re the best coached team in the league.

Some of you need to get real and take off the homer glasses. The Kings are getting their butts handed to them. It’s not because of reffing, or injuries, or anything else. It’s because Vegas has been better in every area besides between the pipes.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The Kings not being a very good team doesn't make Vegas great.

There was much Clase Azul to be had last night so I admit I was a bit over the top; however, I'm still not on board the Vegas train.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Fist two games:
Kopitar
0 goals 0 assist
Carter
0 goals 0 assist
Toffoli
0 goals 0 assist
Pearson
0 goals 0 assist
Brown
0 goals 0 assist
Kempe
0 goals 0 assist

Ouch.
To summarize, Kings top six 0 goals, 0 assists. Kopitar looks gassed out there. Can't say as I blame him, as he is playing far too many minutes and has been all season. This off season when I once again suggest moving some of the vets while they still have some value, I hope people will stop with the usual hyperbole.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
We went into the enemies building without our number 1, 2 and 3 defenseman in game two.

The boys played their hearts out an only lost by one goal. We lost to one of the better teams in the league during the regular season, the team that was built for the playoffs and backed by an incredible goalie. They have Depth and speed galore but they too have only scored 3 goals in 2 1/2 games.

Look at it the other way. How are they feeling knowing they can't score against an AHL defenseman? They also know that at least Drew is coming back and they're heading to the enemy building. I don't think Vegas will be celebrating too much yet.

I don't know why some people are ragging on Kopitar play last night. The guy played 40 minutes of hockey lugging The puck from one into the other. He had to be exhausted. No one trains for that type a marathon in the playoffs against a shutdown team like Vegas. We have some other guys that have been true ghosts out there like Toffoli, Reider, and both Carter and Lewis look like they are still recovering from injury.

Saying that though we are still in this and I believe we are going to crush them in our building.

This year was a true write off for me. It was very evident that Blake and company had to reshuffle this team and inject youth in which they did a very good job. It was very evident that the team could still also compete at the same time which we have. I am just going to enjoy how this year plays out and and very curious to see what Blake and Company are going to do in the off-season as I think they are going in the right direction and that we are only a few pieces short.

They literally bring everyone back next year sans Folin, Mitchell and Gravel.

Villardi will hopefully make the club. You need to move Muzzin, for some speed winger or picks and sign a guy like Grabner
Or you need to see what kind of winger Clague can bring.

I am also open to sending Toffoli out, think Flyers would send us back Konecny?:laugh:

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Every team is beatable. That doesn’t make Vegas “phonies” who are only doing well because they’re scrappy tryhards. Frankly, that’s ****ing stupid, BK, and you’re the last person I would expect that from.

The Knights are not the Coyotes circa 2012. They’re a real team with real talent, including a Cup champion goaltender. Marchessault would be the Kings third if not second best forward. Vegas has a lot of ****ing talent, and they’re the best coached team in the league.

Some of you need to get real and take off the homer glasses. The Kings are getting their butts handed to them. It’s not because of reffing, or injuries, or anything else. It’s because Vegas has been better in every area besides between the pipes.
Why are you talking about homerism here.

Last time I have seen you post you were talking about the fact that LA is too banged up at the blueline. Vegas had 30 Doughty-less minutes to do whatever they want out there.

Well Doughty didnt even play last night, so make that 60. Heck, make it 95 !

Not once did you give any credit to Vegas. It was all injury riddled Kings, that was the deciding factor according to you.

Now you are calling people out like you knew it along.

Give me a ******* break.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Every team is beatable. That doesn’t make Vegas “phonies” who are only doing well because they’re scrappy tryhards. Frankly, that’s ****ing stupid, BK, and you’re the last person I would expect that from.

The Knights are not the Coyotes circa 2012. They’re a real team with real talent, including a Cup champion goaltender. Marchessault would be the Kings third if not second best forward. Vegas has a lot of ****ing talent, and they’re the best coached team in the league.

Your delusional if you think not having Forbort or Muzzin doesn't help Vegas, having said that, they are a good team, but again, they are beatable if our offense shows up, it's pretty simple.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
They literally bring everyone back next year sans Folin, Mitchell and Gravel.

Villardi will hopefully make the club. You need to move Muzzin, for some speed winger or picks and sign a guy like Grabner
Or you need to see what kind of winger Clague can bring.

I am also open to sending Toffoli out, think Flyers would send us back Konecny?:laugh:

Disagree about moving Muzzin, let's assume that Folin and Gravel don't come back, thats one hole you need to fill on D, we have LaDue and Brickley to choose from right now barring any FA etc, let's say Brickley gets it, La Due is 7th, you move Muzzin, you have to slot LaDue in, doesn't make sense YET. If you bring back Frolin, then I think you can make that move etc.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015

Fantenberg played 41:03 last night, second most of all players, except Martinez, who played 44. Intersting to note Toffoli only had 19:56, which was about 8-10 mins less than: Carter, Pearson and Lewis! ...even Rieder had 23 mins. Makes you wonder if TT is 100% healthy. Kempe only had 18:02 and needs more time out there.
I think team speed is being addressed with adding Iafallo and Rieder and the recent drafts, with Clague and JAD. Fantenberg is not signed beyond this year and pretty sure Gravel will not be back. I was biting nails, every time he was out there. Wouldn't mind seeing Fantenberg getting another contract, but I am sure he may have better options. Would not be shocked to see Clague make the team.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Toffoli didn't deserve the minutes he got. Downright putrid. Really hard to watch how far he's fallen off a cliff.

I feel bad for Gravel. Clearly overmatched and didn't belong in the game, but that's why he was not playing. Tough to come in cold after sitting on ass for months and be effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad