GDT: Welcome to the Black Parade: WCQF Game 2, (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) LA Kings @7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Dude, you ALWAYS throw in the towel. Every year.

Adjustments, bounces, and better players are coming. Have an ounce of patience and faith in your team. Life isn't this terrible.

LOL bud, of course it is....I knew the GDT last night would be filled with doom and gloom, hell it was before the game started...thats why I chose to ignore it til today

Reactions: 21Dog

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I must have missed it in the earlier threads. What's timetable on Forborts return. I never thought at the years start we would miss this guy but he is turning into a solid player at a cheap price.

Probably not gonna see him these playoffs honestly.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Still blows my mind that Gravel played so little and still was heavily responsible for the 2 GA. Heroic, gutsy effort, totally done in by our #9 d-man. That's a terrible feeling and exactly why the Doughty suspension is a f***ing black mark on this series.

I hope Drew is shot out of a cannon tomorrow, dude is gonna have a chip on his shoulder the size of the state. Just hope the rest of the team has the cajones to keep up at this point.

If Iafallo is good to go would really like to see him back in, but based on what we saw the other night, his upper body is still hampering his puck skills.

Holy fricken frack the next game is tommorow?! I thought it was Tuesday! :ha: This ticker ain't gonna last lol

I seriously feel like I crushed a red bull right before bed and I can't shake that feeling.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Still blows my mind that Gravel played so little and still was heavily responsible for the 2 GA. Heroic, gutsy effort, totally done in by our #9 d-man. That's a terrible feeling and exactly why the Doughty suspension is a ****ing black mark on this series.

I hope Drew is shot out of a cannon tomorrow, dude is gonna have a chip on his shoulder the size of the state. Just hope the rest of the team has the cajones to keep up at this point.

If Iafallo is good to go would really like to see him back in, but based on what we saw the other night, his upper body is still hampering his puck skills.

I seriously feel like I crushed a red bull right before bed and I can't shake that feeling.

I think you are doing a disservice to Gravel, he wasn't HEAVILY involved in the first goal, If anything Folin failing to get that out, led to that. Watch it again, Gravel as he goes to shoot it out, is disrupted by Karlsson, doesn't get enough on it to get it out etc, but that's also on Lewis for not being there, he needed to recognize that play and get his behind to the sidewall and he did not.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think you are doing a disservice to Gravel, he wasn't HEAVILY involved in the first goal, If anything Folin failing to get that out, led to that. Watch it again, Gravel as he goes to shoot it out, is disrupted by Karlsson, doesn't get enough on it to get it out etc, but that's also on Lewis for not being there, he needed to recognize that play and get his behind to the sidewall and he did not.

I'm probably being too hard on him on the first goal as it was a systematic breakdown and really he shouldn't be out there in the first place, but it's more about his playing-time-to-effectiveness, which it seems like just about everyone else passed, some with flying colors. Martinez and Fantenberg were near flawless. Phaneuf had his moments but was mostly good, same with Folin. LaDue had some more follies, but was all guts and heart and was digging on everything....Gravel didn't seem to do any of that. He was just there. But again, he's our #9, we knew we were in trouble, just disappointed that he didn't find another gear.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I'm probably being too hard on him on the first goal as it was a systematic breakdown and really he shouldn't be out there in the first place, but it's more about his playing-time-to-effectiveness, which it seems like just about everyone else passed, some with flying colors. Martinez and Fantenberg were near flawless. Phaneuf had his moments but was mostly good, same with Folin. LaDue had some more follies, but was all guts and heart and was digging on everything....Gravel didn't seem to do any of that. He was just there. But again, he's our #9, we knew we were in trouble, just disappointed that he didn't find another gear.

Agreed, I don't think we see Gravel in LA after this year....

Reactions: SlimCharles

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I agree. Kings have gone almost 8 periods generating what, 3-4 grade A scoring chances and zero even strength goals yet all he's done was change the forward lines one time. He's coaching under the idea that the Kings are only down 1 goal and sooner or later they'll score. How about actually forcing something to happen and scoring a goal?
People can say what they will about Sutter's approach wearing out his welcome, but he made great in-series and in-game adjustments, and out-coached the opposition coach in just about every playoff series with the Kings.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Don’t forget Lombardi.

And Voynov.

And the Ontario Reign equipment manager.

Anyone but our favorite players.

Lombardi for one deserves a ton of blame, he was in charge of the Kings for 11 years and while he did a great job of building on the stars he was left with, it's 2018 and three of our five best players were drafted by Dave Taylor who was fired a dozen years ago. The Kings woeful drafting and development of skilled players has been on display now for for a long time, that's how you end up with Reider and Lewis in scoring line roles.

And Sutter should have been gone after the collapse in 2016. He also did some great things here but just like Lombardi it was a complete and total disaster from basically the moment after they won that 2nd cup.

People can say what they will about Sutter's approach wearing out his welcome, but he made great in-series and in-game adjustments, and out-coached the opposition coach in just about every playoff series with the Kings.

If Stevens rolls with the same forward lines or makes some stupid change like inserting Iafallo for Mitchell or Amadio then he deserves to be heavily criticized. There should not be a single line tomorrow that was used in games 1 or 2.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Lombardi for one deserves a ton of blame, he was in charge of the Kings for 11 years and while he did a great job of building on the stars he was left with, it's 2018 and three of our five best players were drafted by Dave Taylor who was fired a dozen years ago. The Kings woeful drafting and development of skilled players has been on display now for for a long time, that's how you end up with Reider and Lewis in scoring line roles.

And Sutter should have been gone after the collapse in 2016. He also did some great things here but just like Lombardi it was a complete and total disaster from basically the moment after they won that 2nd cup.

If Stevens rolls with the same forward lines or makes some stupid change like inserting Iafallo for Mitchell or Amadio then he deserves to be heavily criticized. There should not be a single line tomorrow that was used in games 1 or 2.

I know people are crapping on them now, perhaps deservedly,

But, Pearson, Toffoli, Forbort, Doughty, Amadio, Kempe, LaDue etc, I believe they were all brought in by Lombardi...

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I know people are crapping on them now, perhaps deservedly,

But, Pearson, Toffoli, Forbort, Doughty, Amadio, Kempe, LaDue etc, I believe they were all brought in by Lombardi...

That's really not that impressive a haul in a 10 year period. Doughty is obviously a superstar player but beyond that is there anything to be crazy about? This is the debate I know Ziggy has with a lot of people here, you guys like to throw out the quantity but where is the quality?

We have the secondary scoring issues because of terrible decisions made when it comes to the draft (mostly with trades), and that falls completely on the guy who ran things for 11 years.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Our neighbors down south keep drafting really solid players while we don't have much to go on.

Lombardi is still responsible for the position the team is in.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
That's really not that impressive a haul in a 10 year period. Doughty is obviously a superstar player but beyond that is there anything to be crazy about? This is the debate I know Ziggy has with a lot of people here, you guys like to throw out the quantity but where is the quality?

We have the secondary scoring issues because of terrible decisions made when it comes to the draft (mostly with trades), and that falls completely on the guy who ran things for 11 years.

You are forgetting Voynov, Schenn, Simmonds, etc, that's pretty damn impressive considering a QUALITY draft is 2 NHL players per draft

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Our neighbors down south keep drafting really solid players while we don't have much to go on.

Lombardi is still responsible for the position the team is in.

Lombardi is also responsible for 2 cups in the last 6 years, how many do the ducks have with all their solid drafting?

Reactions: DryIslandBartender

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Lombardi is also responsible for 2 cups in the last 6 years, how many do the ducks have with all their solid drafting?

Not only that, but who would you say they drafted solidly?

Rakell, Gibson, Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Kase, and Ritchie.....

Solid drafting, but in the same time frame etc,

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Are you as equally upset with how soft the Marchessault penalty was?

Initially I was upset about the Clifford penalty, but there was separation and he made no effort to move,

I will give the Phaneuf one, that made no sense....
honestly nbc didn't even show a replay of marchessault's penalty that i remember

it was just "behind the play marchessault takes a slashing penalty" then commercials straight into the PP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad