GDT: Welcome to the Black Parade: WCQF Game 2, (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) LA Kings @7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Paint It Black and Take It Back
DaPGNYQWsAAfLew.jpg:large

Regular Season Stats:

Los Angeles Kings(45-29-8, 98pts, Wild Card 1) @ Vegas Golden Knights(51-24-7, 109 pts, 1st in Pacific)
T-Mobile Arena| Las Vegas, NV
TIME: 7:00 pm PT | TV: Prime Ticket/NBCSN/CBC | RADIO: 790 KABC

Previous Meetings:
April 11 VGK 1-0
FEB 27 LAK 4-1
FEB 26 LAK 3-2 (OT)
DEC 28 VGK 3-2 (OT)
NOV 19 VGK 4-2

VGK lead the series 1-0

:kings:vegas
PP/PK17th/1st11th/12th
Faceoffs17th24th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar: 35 goals, 57 assists, 92 pointsWilliam Karlsson: 43 goals, 35 assists, 78 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Possible Lines*
:kings
8ArPSKf.png

m2VTcO8.png

zPW5sH7.png

Extras: Andy Andreoff, Johnny Brodzinski, Nate Thompson, Kevin Gravel
Injuries: Derek Forbort, Jake Muzzin?
Not-Eligible: Sheldon Rempel, Daniel Brickley

Drew Doughty has been suspended for 1 game following his illegal check to the head on William Carrier.
Muzzin is still in a non-contact jersey this morning.

:vegas
1NTi6E4.png

XwLhLrk.png

llvVXT8.png

Injuries: David Clarkson, Mikhail Grabovski, Luca Sbisa?, David Perron?, Oscar Lindberg?

Does not appear to be any changes for the Golden Knights. Reaves, Lindberg and Perron looking like the extras. William Carrier is still skating with the regulars.

*Lines are not Final! Lines subject to change*

Playoff Pump Up HF user created videos!:

By @Blikian29

By @Kylo Ren

News/Notes:
L6S7qTQ.png

*from LA Kings playoff media guide
https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/297865588/binary-file/file.pdf
  • The LA Kings are 21-27 in game 2 of a playoff series. They've won 15 of 21 series when they win game 2. They've won 6 of 27 series when they lose game 2.
  • After a tightly contested game 1 of this series, the Vegas Golden Knights come out on top with a goal coming from Shea Theodore. Marc-Andre Fleury was a perfect 30 for 30 on saves to earn the shutout.
  • The Vegas Golden Knights have obliterated all expectations going into the season becoming the first expansion to win their division in their 1st season. They have broken the record for most wins by an expansion with 51 wins.
  • Marc-Andre Fleury went 29-13-4 this season for the Knights with a 2.24 GAA and .927% save%. He has won 3 Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins and has started in 113 playoff games. In the playoffs he is 62-51 with a 2.65 GAA and a .908 save%
  • Jonathan Quick went 33-28-3 this season with a 2.40 GAA and a .921 save% with 5 shutouts. He has won 2 Stanley Cups with a Con Smythe win in 2012. He has appeared in 81 playoff games and has a 2.27 GAA and a .921 save% with 9 shutouts. Quick made 27 saves out of 28 in game 1 and kept the Kings throughout the game.
  • Drew Doughty has been suspended for game 2 against the Knights for an illegal check to the head on Vegas forward William Carrier. Drew Doughty is consistently among the league leaders in TOI per game and put up career high numbers this year for the Kings. He has only been fined once in his career for crosschecking Blues forward TJ Oshie in the 2011-12 season 6 years ago.

I'll update the defensive pairings after morning skate.

GO KINGS GO!!!

Lines from dailyfaceoff.com

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
RIP sweet princes.

If the Kings can manage to win this game then we're good. A very tall order.

If we lose I'm ready to call the series done. Don't think the boys can handle going down 0-2

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Gadzooks our D tonight is green other than Dion and AMart

LaDue had a couple play breakups last game, he wasn't as bad as portrayed I thought. Still, he has no business getting the amount of minutes he's about to get tonight

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
I'd prefer to see Kempe with Kopitar and Brown and that 70's line back together...

Kempe-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Rieder-Amadio-Lewis
Clifford-Thompson-Mitchell
Yeah, feels like wasted potential having Kempe on that 3rd line, especially with how little Stevens seems to play him.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
No Doughty, no Muzzin, no problem! Well at least we wont be disappointed in a loss. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Perhaps if Muzzin is ready for Sunday, and with Doughty back, we can claw back from being down 0-2 in the series.

Reactions: mrkolice

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
TBH, I think the best lines are

Brown-Kopi-Toffoli
Pearson-Carter-Reider
Kempe-Amadio-Lewis
Clifford-Thompson-Mitchell

The problem with Toffoli is that he can't fetch pucks, but when he's with Carter he's automatically placed into that role. However, put him with Brown who is a good forechecker and Kopitar, who can hold on to the puck, and he can thrive as a sniper.

Pearson is the exact opposite. He is a good forechecker but not a sniper; he should be in a position to feed Carter, who isn't a super forechecker.

Putting Kempe on wing with Amadio gives him some skill to work with, along with Lewis who can keep any line honest defensively.

Finally, Clifford Thompson Mitchell actually works well because they are similar players with similar goals; create energy and get pucks on net.

For fun, here are my "f*** it" lines.

Brown-Kopitar-Carter
Pearson-Kempe-Toffoli
Rieder-Amadio-Lewis
Iafallo-Thompson-Clifford

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
No sugarcoating this one, gonna be extremely tough to get the W.

Just go out and play hard for 60, pressure is on Vegas, they are expected to win.

giphy.gif

Reactions: LAKings88

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I'd like to see this. Stevens is so bad with lineups.

This is one thing Sutter has on Stevens (among many other things IMO), his crazy line blender actually came up with interesting lines eventually. Stevens seems to be sticking with the same things for too long.

We'll have to go down at least 2-0 before we MIGHT see any real change.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
This is one thing Sutter has on Stevens (among many other things IMO), his crazy line blender actually came up with interesting lines eventually. Stevens seems to be sticking with the same things for too long.

That's what's so frustrating. He takes his sweet time. You would think with the specialized offense coach they hired this season they would try to fix the problems early on.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Sweet fancy Moses look at that f***ing line up.

Is this a pre-season game or Game 2 of a first round series?

Iafallo was not good last game but, still, I'm wondering if he isn't back to full health.

A guy I know for sure isn't back to full health is Lewis. Has not been the same since the injury.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015

In my opinion I think Sutter's the better coach at pretty much everything except player relationships. Much, much better in-game coach. Played the system well too between games calling Gibson the best goalie ever, saying the Kings won't go down quietly against San Jose, taking pressure off his team after tough losses in the media saying odd things, etc. Was just too much of a hard ass and completely lost the team when he stripped Brown of the captaincy.

Sweet fancy Moses look at that ****ing line up.

Is this a pre-season game or Game 2 of a first round series?

Iafallo was not good last game but, still, I'm wondering if he isn't back to full health.

A guy I know for sure isn't back to full health is Lewis. Has not been the same since the injury.

Lewis has looked really slow since he returned. First few strides are awful. Looks Toffoli slow out there.

Reactions: mrkolice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad