Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Come
Say we get a YES tonight. I’m not expecting that, but say it happens. How much more crap do guys think will pop up to put the whole thing at risk again? Wild law suits, crazy judges, other unexpected nightmares?
Come on dude!

Reactions: Edenjung

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Say we get a YES tonight. I’m not expecting that, but say it happens. How much more crap do guys think will pop up to put the whole thing at risk again? Wild law suits, crazy judges, other unexpected nightmares?

Look at it this way - all of that stuff is like Kari Lake's post-election lawsuits... easily dismissible with the facts available at hand. (Also, isn't it fascinating that two of the biggest bad-faith actors in the past couple of years share the same initials, "K" and "L"? :laugh:)

Reactions: Edenjung and XX

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Read a quote from a Tempe resident re: the TED in an ABC 15 story, and her comment (paraphrased) about why she is voting no was this:

"They need to put their arena farther away from the metropolitan area."

I think it was at that exact moment that my brain broke for good on this whole subject. Now I'm just going to sit here, lightly drooling, with a vacant and bemused look on my face, waiting for my inevitable demise.
I hope that person like that will be happy when after lengthy struggle landfill is finally cleaned up and low income housing is built there....100% financed by taxpayers money

I've got a macanudo set aside to celebrate your victory. Sending positive vibes from up north!
Macanudo for victory and scotch for defeat?Sounds about right....

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I've got a macanudo set aside to celebrate your victory. Sending positive vibes from up north!
If it passes, I'm taking a Davidoff to the lounge tonight.
Big "If".

I’m surprised we haven’t seen any numbers yet, especially with so many early ballots being sent in.
Thought maybe we'd see some exit polling as well. I guess at 8PM we get a pass or fail. I'm struggling at work today.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Look at it this way - all of that stuff is like Kari Lake's post-election lawsuits... easily dismissible with the facts available at hand. (Also, isn't it fascinating that two of the biggest bad-faith actors in the past couple of years share the same initials, "K" and "L"? :laugh:)
As someone whose initials are P.-K.L.H.
I resent that notion. I am Not a Karen and will never be one.
For further questions ask my representative Abe Simpson.
This Press conference is over.

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I hope that person like that will be happy when after lengthy struggle landfill is finally cleaned up and low income housing is built there....100% financed by taxpayers money

Well, if Lauren Kuby is involved, whatever would get built there would be paying her a rich "consultation fee" and would likely get a 50-year GPLET in the name of "incentives for a worthy cause." And I'll bet you 10 bucks that what would eventually go there is not low-income housing or, indeed, anything that the "No" campaign has been touting as part of the opportunity cost - it would be some other commercial development that provides kickbacks to the current Tempe 1st "champions."

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the hockey team is the only reason why this has a shot at failing, because it's an easy target for the NIMBYs. If you took the Coyotes out of it and built TED nearly to identical specs, it wouldn't have even been an issue. Just another fun thing about being a fan of this franchise.

I've been running through the doomsday scenario all day where we lose and have to move. Ugh, I'm not a prayer but I've said one today!

I'll be honest - I'm not nearly as on edge about this as I might have been about 5 years ago, when I was still a STH and I was far more invested in the team's future. They already left me behind once to go to Tempe, and it broke my heart a bit in a way that won't ever heal (mostly for how they moved, rather than the fact that they moved at all, but that's another story). So if they end up going to Houston, then I'll be sad, but I won't be shocked. We've had way more than our share of additional chances to get this to work, and there's never going to be a better option for the Coyotes in Arizona than the TED, so if Tempe votes it down... well... that will, as they say, be that.

Have a beer with me at the game?

It will be my first beer since I was 6 (another fun story for another time) but sure!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I don't know whether to be hopeful or skeptical about this.

Normally, the older voters are the biggest NIMBYs, but it seems like the younger voters would be the ones buying the fiction that the alternatives like low-income housing and parks and community centers are actually a) real options for the land and b) an enticing prospect for commercial developers who want to profit off the land.

Meh. Best not to overthink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia