Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The day has finally arrived. Time for closure, good or bad.

No matter the outcome of this vote, I don't expect closure. If it passes, there could be lawsuits, environmental assessments, or some other legal crap delaying construction. If it fails, we have the Plan B drama (assuming there is a Plan B). If there is no Plan B or it's a dud, then we might be on to Plan C...relocation.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No matter the outcome of this vote, I don't expect closure. If it passes, there could be lawsuits, environmental assessments, or some other legal crap delaying construction. If it fails, we have the Plan B drama (assuming there is a Plan B). If there is no Plan B or it's a dud, then we might be on to Plan C...relocation.
They said the lawsuit is in regards to the housing, nothing to do with the arena, so it won't halt construction.

Reactions: Nowotny

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
My sage perspective is telling me the past decades of failures, mistakes, challenges and embarrassments allowed us to arrive here, today, with the gift of a YES vote and a glorious future!

Landfill to Landmark!

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Phoenix has absolutely nothing to stand on as far as the arena is concerned, and if they had, they already would have included that in their lawsuit.
Do you really think an arena is happening without the rest of the development? Hockey has become a real estate play almost everywhere these days.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Wearing my luck of the Irish Yotes shirt today.

IMG_20230516_095619087.jpg

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Read a quote from a Tempe resident re: the TED in an ABC 15 story, and her comment (paraphrased) about why she is voting no was this:

"They need to put their arena farther away from the metropolitan area."

I think it was at that exact moment that my brain broke for good on this whole subject. Now I'm just going to sit here, lightly drooling, with a vacant and bemused look on my face, waiting for my inevitable demise.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Do you really think an arena is happening without the rest of the development? Hockey has become a real estate play almost everywhere these days.
No, but I believe AM knows or thinks the Phoenix lawsuit is without merit. I think I heard AX state that the lawsuit won't affect the starting date on arena.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Read a quote from a Tempe resident re: the TED in an ABC 15 story, and her comment (paraphrased) about why she is voting no was this:

"They need to put their arena farther away from the metropolitan area."

I think it was at that exact moment that my brain broke for good on this whole subject. Now I'm just going to sit here, lightly drooling, with a vacant and bemused look on my face, waiting for my inevitable demise.

If it's any consolation I've seen a lot of responses that challenge one's intellect worse than that.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
If i learned one Thing while studying psychology, then its the fact that we humans want to avoid active thinking as much as possible.

That costs Energy and time.

Reactions: LittlePipes

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
No, but I believe AM knows or thinks the Phoenix lawsuit is without merit. I think I heard AX state that the lawsuit won't affect the starting date on arena.
I believe the residential area is phase 2

We're currently tied, 0% to 0%. If it stays that way will it be a 3on3 five minute overtime then shootout or the playoff 5v5 for a 20 minute period?
But I voted! Is this run by Katie Hobbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad