Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: roccerfeller

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Read a quote from a Tempe resident re: the TED in an ABC 15 story, and her comment (paraphrased) about why she is voting no was this:

"They need to put their arena farther away from the metropolitan area."

I think it was at that exact moment that my brain broke for good on this whole subject. Now I'm just going to sit here, lightly drooling, with a vacant and bemused look on my face, waiting for my inevitable demise.
Oh…my…goodness…

:facepalm:

rt

May 13, 2004
I wonder what % of total ballots will be day-of drop-offs? Based on absolutely nothing at all, my completely ignorant prediction would be less than 25%

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
7pm. I was e-mailed that they started counting on the 12th, so we should have a strong indication after the poll closes.
Yes, that was my understanding as well, that they should have a pretty complete picture right away.

Also, nice timing by them to have the election date end up being one of the few dark days during the first 3 rounds where there are no playoff games...

Reactions: MIGs Dog and Schemp

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Yes, that was my understanding as well, that they should have a pretty complete picture right away.

Also, nice timing by them to have the election date end up being one of the few dark days during the first 3 rounds where there are no playoff games...
things are lining up!

rt

May 13, 2004
Say we get a YES tonight. I’m not expecting that, but say it happens. How much more crap do guys think will pop up to put the whole thing at risk again? Wild law suits, crazy judges, other unexpected nightmares?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Say we get a YES tonight. I’m not expecting that, but say it happens. How much more crap do guys think will pop up to put the whole thing at risk again? Wild law suits, crazy judges, other unexpected nightmares?
Staying positive, I see!

Good luck y'all. This has been on my mind for a week. I can't wait to visit TED once it's finished. If I can suggest a name for the arena, "Fairview colosseum"
What's wrong with the dog house?

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Good luck y'all. This has been on my mind for a week. I can't wait to visit TED once it's finished. If I can suggest a name for the arena, "Fairview colosseum"
It would be built right across the highway from my company's Tempe building. I've been dreaming about us hopping in and naming it ever since the news broke. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Old Man

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
PHNX Coyotes is going to live podcast a show tonight sometime around 8pm (possibly 8:30pm depending.... ) when the first batch of vote totals are released.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Statue of AM out front: "I sure as Fairview wanna win!"

You're naughty....

point-hehe.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Dirty Old Man
Status
Not open for further replies.