Pre-Game Talk: Week to Vanish (WAS, @NSH, @DET)

Will Girard play in Detroit (his 10th game)

• Yes

Votes: 49 98.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Hmmm...didn't know that. In my defense I can't believe they were elite in ANY category last year, but facts are facts.
Lol you don't remember faceoffs being literally the only positive thing McNabb/Hayes would talk about? It was like a never ending story about how good we were at faceoffs last year, it became comical because it was all they could talk about that was positive.

Reactions: McMetal

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

He's listed on the AHL transactions page now.

edit: Also on the Avs website now. Looks like he'll be wearing #91.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Exciting. I'm guessing he'll play in the Top 9 at Center.

Landy - Mack - Rants
Sven - Compher - Kerfoot
Wilson - Kamenev - Jost
Comeau - Sods - Nieto

My best guess at lines.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
In my mind, Compher and Kerfoot are interchangeable. Both seem like natural centers that are smart playmakers and defensively responsible. JTC is a bit bigger.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Kerfoot is way better offensively than Compher tho.

Disagree. He's gotten more opportune minutes and favorable matchups. Compher has had some very tough matchups and zone starts.

Give him the opportunity to play on a scoring line with less defensive responsibilities and I'd be willing to be he'd be looking even better then what Kerfoot has for us.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
With few exceptions, this seems like nine players that all belong on a third line.

Long term it would be ideal if Jost is able to become a clear #2C for us.

I disagree. I'd even argue only Sods and Wilson are actually 3rd line players out of that group. Nieto/Comeau are 4th liners. The rest are way too young to be labeled as 3rd liners yet. Kerfoot and Sven in particular are already looking like solid complimentary Top 6 forwards.

Last edited:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm really looking forward to seeing Kamenev. He's been solid in the AHL for over a year now according to Preds fans + this season, and has been a bit of a question mark on exactly where he projects.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Next few games will be interesting to see how our forwards respond. Obviously we were missing a few bodies in Sweden but the top line + Kerfoot were really the only ones who made anything happen. Down the line if we need to shuffle things, I wouldn't mind seeing what Kerfoot could do in Landeskog's spot, and move Landy down to mentor some of the inexperienced guys.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I enjoy all these Avs debuts. It makes what is a transitional year more exciting.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Kamenev was just called up as well. So actually 22 players and 13 forwards

13 + 8 + 2 = 22? :huh:

lol, I'm probably missing someone injured or something. It's going to be interesting to see who Bednar scratches. None of the forwards really deserve it IMO. Watch him scratch Soderberg after I accuse him of trying to hard to win and not playing Zadorov and Bigras.

Edit : Bourque is still on the main page roster, and obviously Lindholm is injured. Am I still missing an injury to a forward? Maybe Jost hasn't been fully cleared yet?

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
13 + 8 + 2 = 22? :huh:

lol, I'm probably missing someone injured or something. It's going to be interesting to see who Bednar scratches. None of the forwards really deserve it IMO. Watch him scratch Soderberg after I accuse him of trying to hard to win and not playing Zadorov and Bigras.

Edit : Bourque is still on the main page roster, and obviously Lindholm is injured. Am I still missing an injury to a forward? Maybe Jost hasn't been fully cleared yet?

Jost counts as IR right now. He will likely be at practice tomorrow and taken off. Avs Twitter has been teasing his return anyhow.

It’s either Jost or Nemeth coming off, tomorrow’s practice will give us more of an indication.

I’m assuming Jost and then am curious to know who sits with Bourque. Yakupov seems like an obvious choice.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Jost counts as IR right now. He will likely be at practice tomorrow and taken off. Avs Twitter has been teasing his return anyhow.

It’s either Jost or Nemeth coming off, tomorrow’s practice will give us more of an indication.

I’m assuming Jost and then am curious to know who sits with Bourque. Yakupov seems like an obvious choice.

Yeah, Yak seems like an obvious choice, but it would probably do more harm than good for him. I personally don't want to give up on him in any way until the halfway mark of the season. Right now hes 7th on the team in scoring, and one of six guys who have 5 goals or more.

Right now if they want any prayer of winning a game with the way this defense and goal-tending are playing, they'll need the guys who have been scoring the most.

I think I'd personally scratch Nieto or Wilson, but if I had my choice Jost would go down to the AHL for a bit too. (I know it isn't likely)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yakupov is on pace for 25 goals and 40 points. If he wasn't Yakupov he might have trade value.

You have to admit, this team has been bleeding 20 goals guys for years starting with McGinn and ROR. Then we replaced that with Iginla. I like these mid six guys who look like they're pacing for twenty goals like Ghetto and Yak. No neither are great defensively, but you need those types of third wheel guys on cheap contracts.

That level of depth for scoring is the only reason we've been in games at times. I don't want either of them moved, benched, or demoted. It just seems dumb to me.

Reactions: GBoeklen32

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
You have to admit, this team has been bleeding 20 goals guys for years starting with McGinn and ROR. Then we replaced that with Iginla. I like these mid six guys who look like they're pacing for twenty goals like Ghetto and Yak. No neither are great defensively, but you need those types of third wheel guys on cheap contracts.

That level of depth for scoring is the only reason we've been in games at times. I don't want either of them moved, benched, or demoted. It just seems dumb to me.

Guys doing what we signed him to do but people rather he sit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad