Pre-Game Talk: Week to Start Fresh (@NYR, @NJ, @BOS)

How many points will the Avs earn on this trip?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I find it interesting that Bernier is starting tomorrow. The Avs dont have a heavy schedule, but I guess they want him rested for Boston back to back?
Bednar said on the radio that they're going to split games.

The Z interview is weird. Bednar's comments are weird. This whole situation is weird.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Lindholm can play the right side, so he's definitely in for Mironov.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Chambers posted video of them both talking. Hard to explain. He managed to learn how to edit his videos though to get Bednar's comments on Butcher in somehow.
Just watched the videos. Yeah, definitely weird.

Bednar says it’s important for Z to be in, but it was important for him to be scratched. And that they will take it day by day.

Z says he doesn’t know (repeats it about 5 times) when asked why he was scratched.

Definitely seems like there is some head butting going on, and it has to do with attitude, not conditioning.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'm not sure it's about attitude but it was weird. I watched Z and Bednar chat at practice for about 5 minutes on Wednesday. It was a respectful chat, just two guys talking. If it was attitude I think something more would have shown. Z and Bednar talk a lot at practice actually. Same with Pratt.

He didn't say Lindholm was in, as far as I could tell.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Maybe he HAS to play Mironov due to his agreement with Sakic. Would be a little bit strange but who knows. I wouldn't mind a Russian pairing for now. Pretty rough pairing to play against - could hurt a lot :scared:

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If the preseason and last night is any indication, the Avs are in a tough spot with Mironov. He doesn't look ready at all. An AHL stint would be ideal but that seems hard to do.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'd give it some games I guess...but if 3-5 games from now Mironov is still playing badly, and is refusing to go to the AHL...then let him go back to the KHL. The team is developing, but that doesn't mean they should play someone who doesn't belong in the NHL because they are trying to hold the team hostage.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Mironov looked bad the first 30min or so but he did get better (and more comfortable) later on. He needs to play to adjust - but its hard to do that on an NHL level without sacrificing the teams success.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I'm not sure it's about attitude but it was weird. I watched Z and Bednar chat at practice for about 5 minutes on Wednesday. It was a respectful chat, just two guys talking. If it was attitude I think something more would have shown. Z and Bednar talk a lot at practice actually. Same with Pratt.

He didn't say Lindholm was in, as far as I could tell.
What do you think it is then? I know in the summer Zadorov spoke highly of Bednar, and vice versa.

I re-watched it. Bednar says, “I think it’s important to put him in because I think he can help us. I think it was important to keep him out last because....we have to make sure everyone is on the same page coming into this thing. We have high expectations for everyone, which is part of the reason Nikita was out.”

So I could see where it was a one game punishment for not being happy with his conditioning/ level of preparedness. I kind of get the impression that it was just going to be one game to send a message, and not a game by game evaluation.

Last edited:

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
What do you think it is then? I know in the summer Zadorov spoke highly of Bednar, and vice versa.

I re-watched it. Bednar says, “I think it’s important to put him in because I think he can help us. I think it was important to keep him out last because....we have to make sure everyone is on the same page coming into this thing. We have high expectations for everyone, which is part of the reason Nikita was out.”

So I could see where it was a one game punishment for them not being happy with his conditioning/ level of preparedness. I kind of get the impression that it was just going to be one game to send a message, and not a game by game evaluation.

Sounds like someone told Bednar to hold him out last night. Perhaps a little dig at not signing before camp started, and coming in behind. Maybe Mironov was promised a spot in the opening night roster too, so his hands were a little tied.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
giphy.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Probably trying to explain his giveaways in his own zone last night lol.

Going to need more than 10 mins for that. :laugh:

Seriously though, a few of them came after him and Ghetto were scrambling around in the defensive zone on the PK. I'm not sure how or why he ended up being the top PK forward early on in that game. He shouldn't be out there more than Landeskog and maybe even Compher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad