Pre-Game Talk: Week to Start Fresh (@NYR, @NJ, @BOS)

How many points will the Avs earn on this trip?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Not allowed to name names (even though it's an open poll which is another story), but just ONE game in, and it's proved 6 fans very, very wrong.

Reactions: Tweaky

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
You know some of them probably picked that response just to pick it or be funny right?

It's all good. After last season we all had every right to be cautious with our hope. I just hope the club is doing enough to at least maybe make you reconsider where you set your benchmarks.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
There was never a zero option, people just liked to indicate they are party poopers.

The polls are fun, there is no need to chastise anyone for voting how they like. I can easily make it a private vote too.

Let's not get into the "I told you so" finger wagging either direction. It's one game, we won the first game last season too. And it's certainly going to happen after the first loss too. We know there's going to be ups and downs, can't we just accept that without getting into a pissing match every day?

Reactions: McMetal

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
I just think it's funny you guys let good ole Drizzt *cough*... i mean Sea Eagles troll you all the time. :thumbu:

As for the poll I went with 3-4, feeling an afternoon OT loss somewhere. Maybe we get lucky and win the other one.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
There was never a zero option, people just liked to indicate they are party poopers.

The polls are fun, there is no need to chastise anyone for voting how they like. I can easily make it a private vote too.

Let's not get into the "I told you so" finger wagging either direction. It's one game, we won the first game last season too. And it's certainly going to happen after the first loss too. We know there's going to be ups and downs, can't we just accept that without getting into a pissing match every day?

Honestly, we've had months & months of relentless negativity and absolute disdain for the club from our own fans. Yes, it's one game, but it should give fans "hope". There is also being negative, and then there's, we'll get 0 points to start - and some people above openly stated they said 0 to be funny (or troll), and some others were dead serious (the afore-mentioned justifying my defense of our team).

tigervixxxen, I've copped everything this off season for remaining positive and supportive. Been called this & that (not just here, FB & Twitter as well). It's all good - I'm Aussie, so I have a thick skin, and rather enjoy the banter. I've been called clueless because I said Duchene may remain on the team etc etc, but after months & months of copping flack, you cherry pick my post to call out, suggesting I'm getting into a pissing match?

If that's your perspective of what I'm trying to do, then you're off the mark. And I hope because you're a mod, you don't feel exempt from me sharing that opposing view. What I'm trying to achieve here, is a little enjoyment and happiness for the fans. To rub off a little, that there IS in fact hope and light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not trying to antagonize & flame, I promise. It's like there's been a raincloud over the fanbase for 18 months. I'm just trying to split that apart, to let in a little sunshine.

End of the day, we may lose 81 more games from here. I'll STILL be around looking for the positives, trying to cheer people up, and giving them a little rev up when they are down about the team. I meant absolutely 0% of what you claimed I was doing there in your post - that was absolutely not my intention, and I apologize if I came across like that.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I just think it's funny you guys let good ole Drizzt *cough*... i mean Sea Eagles troll you all the time. :thumbu:

As for the poll I went with 3-4, feeling an afternoon OT loss somewhere. Maybe we get lucky and win the other one.

No trolling whatsoever. Just have a completely different outlook in life after all that has happened to me. Also, everyone here knows I was Drizzt. I made a statement to everyone when doing so, because The Sea Eagles made it through to the Superbowl of Rugby League.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
No trolling whatsoever. Just have a completely different outlook in life after all that has happened to me. Also, everyone here knows I was Drizzt. I made a statement to everyone when doing so, because The Sea Eagles made it through to the Superbowl of Rugby League.

Fair enough. I hope this truly is a genuine change in outlook. Even if the positivity is a little over the top at times ;)

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Fair enough. I hope this truly is a genuine change in outlook. Even if the positivity is a little over the top at times ;)
Funny what a mother, father & brother dying 2 and a 1/2 years apart from each other will do to a bloke. This team of ours has been a godsend to me in REAL therapeutic ways (as pathetic as that sounds). I'll never forget what they've done for me, and I'll always have their backs for it.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Honestly, we've had months & months of relentless negativity and absolute disdain for the club from our own fans. Yes, it's one game, but it should give fans "hope". There is also being negative, and then there's, we'll get 0 points to start - and some people above openly stated they said 0 to be funny (or troll), and some others were dead serious (the afore-mentioned justifying my defense of our team).

tigervixxxen, I've copped everything this off season for remaining positive and supportive. Been called this & that (not just here, FB & Twitter as well). It's all good - I'm Aussie, so I have a thick skin, and rather enjoy the banter. I've been called clueless because I said Duchene may remain on the team etc etc, but after months & months of copping flack, you cherry pick my post to call out, suggesting I'm getting into a pissing match?

If that's your perspective of what I'm trying to do, then you're off the mark. And I hope because you're a mod, you don't feel exempt from me sharing that opposing view. What I'm trying to achieve here, is a little enjoyment and happiness for the fans. To rub off a little, that there IS in fact hope and light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not trying to antagonize & flame, I promise. It's like there's been a raincloud over the fanbase for 18 months. I'm just trying to split that apart, to let in a little sunshine.

End of the day, we may lose 81 more games from here. I'll STILL be around looking for the positives, trying to cheer people up, and giving them a little rev up when they are down about the team. I meant absolutely 0% of what you claimed I was doing there in your post - that was absolutely not my intention, and I apologize if I came across like that.
May you continue to be the ray of sunshine! :thumbu:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Be positive. Nobody is telling you not to.

What people are asking is that nobody try to shove positivity down the throats of other posters.

If you can find things about this team to be positive about this season, more power to you. They're few and far in between for me personally.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
This is going off topic and is not going to continue to be the topic of conversation here.

There's many who engage in the pissing match, probably everyone at some point. But I see where it's going. Every win or loss is an "I told you so" moment. Nip it in the bud, try not to do it. That's a message for everyone.

SE, it is flat out not ok to specifically call out those who voted on a poll and chastise them. Period. Regardless of that fact, it was for fun and I will stop doing them if it's a problem. There is nothing wrong at all with being a ray of sunshine. We need all kinds of people in the world and the community.

Last edited:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Hopefully someone is covering the practice today, and can inform us that Zadorov and someone who played last night are practicing as a pair.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Hoping they can shake off the first game jitters and come out more composed in Game 2.

Indeed, let's not forget that this was also their first game in 7 friggin days with the team choosing not to schedule any exhibition for the weekend.

I still expect the team to have bad coverage defensively and be bad at breakouts because that's a coaching issue going back to last year but I'm sure some players will start to look a bit more engaged and composed on the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad