Pre-Game Talk: Week of Shorts (SJ, VAN)

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
It's hard to feel sad about Duchene moving on when you know he deserves better, and wants more. The Avs will be better off for the youth they get and the rewind on the rebuild, and he will be better off playing somewhere he has a chance to make the playoffs each year.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
It's hard to feel sad about Duchene moving on when you know he deserves better, and wants more. The Avs will be better off for the youth they get and the rewind on the rebuild, and he will be better off playing somewhere he has a chance to make the playoffs each year.

Lets see what they get for him first...

But yeah. Watching that video makes me really sad. Should have never come to this but at this point it even looks like we would be doing Duchene a favor if he could get a fresh start on another team.

Really sad. Someone should get fired for allowing this video to happen :(.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Sadowski has more, it's like a memoir or something. It's time.

"I think it's kind of the same as last year. Even up to the trade deadline last year I didn't know whether I'd be moved or not. It's kind of the same thing this year. You just don't know what the future holds. The biggest thing for me is I just take it one day at a time. I'm a member of the Avalanche today. Who knows what tomorrow holds, but I'm going to play for this franchise, for the logo like I always have. It's still a big honor to put the jersey on.

"I'm 26 now, but I felt like when I turned 25 a lot changed for me, whether it's just that maturity factor or whatever it was, you kind of see things a little differently. I started in this league early and went through a lot of things that other 18-, 19-, 20-year-olds don't go through. You don't always handle it the right way, but you're expected to, which is the toughest thing.

"I came from a small town, lived a bit of a sheltered life growing up, so I was behind a little bit in some of those aspects. Now that I've been here for a few years you definitely mature pretty quickly and learn how to deal with those things. I'm definitely a better person at home when things are bad at the rink than I used to be, for sure."

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Sadowski has more, it's like a memoir or something

Really, really sad.

It sounds like Duchene will win a few cups for his next team and after his retirement he will write a book called "My Former Favorite Team - The hellhole that was the Colorado Avalanche and how I almost set my house on fire because of it"....

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't have those same sad or heart breaking feelings others do but as I said in the other thread, it's time. If not now then for sure in the offseason. He's one of my favourites but it'll be good for both sides.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If we trade Matt it better be a good deal. We have to do what's best for the Avs, not MD.

I'm sure it'll be for the best deal available. Trading Duchene now is probably what's best for the Avs even if you think there's a slim chance you can return slightly higher value at the draft. His heart just doesn't seem in it anymore. He hasn't had point total start with a number higher than 5 in 3 years. If he keeps playing on this tire fire without his heart in it he may end up scoring in the 40's this year and that won't help matters. He's on pace for 54 through 77 games right now if he plays every game from here on out.

Counting on his production to go up on this team is far fetched. Even if more teams are in on a deal and the cap is less of an option I think Matt Duchene's trade value goes down in the summer if he spends the next 37 games with the Avs.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
I am very torn by this thing. Matt has been one if the few reasons to watch and follow this team, and with O'Reilly he signalled the arrival of a new era. Unfortunately things did not go as we had all hoped. I think he is an electric player when he is at his best and surrounded by good players. But the 2009 rebuild has failed and the window is closing for him. Both in terms of when the Avs can realistically be expected to compete for anything Else than the lottery and his contract. As a fan it is tough since I've grown to care about him as player and I'd like to see him have success with the team not just individually. But that probably won't happen before the end of his contract. Its sad to see how his and O'Reilly's talents were squandered. If he has to go he has to go, but I'll be very sad to see him go, I think he is good kid and player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad