NCAA: Week 2: 2 Big Noon 2 Coach Prime

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
They’ll keep recruiting and signing them though.

Sure, those kids will all think they are good enough to beat everyone out to start, and some will stay either way, but now they have options if they really want to play

I don't know that I love the way the portal works now, but the old way was not the answer either

Reactions: DaveG

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sure, those kids will all think they are good enough to beat everyone out to start, and some will stay either way, but now they have options if they really want to play

I don't know that I love the way the portal works now, but the old way was not the answer either
Well, they know they have an opportunity and if it doesn’t work out, they can move on quickly and at a very good landing spot. Justin Fields was the same way, he couldn’t beat out Jake Fromm.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
There was another point made there that the transfer portal is hurting more than helping the Ohio States and Alabamas. Ohio State had Joe Burrow and Quinn Ewers in their rooms while having Dwayne Haskins and Kyle McCord as QB1’s
I mean, Quinn really only went to Ohio State because Tom Herman was something.

But Ohio State still has McCord who was a top 30-40 player. Devin Brown was the #1 QB recruit as well. It isn’t like they have bums in there. Ewers was QB4 in the room. Alabama has probably benefited more from the portal than their losses. Williams, Gibbs etc.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Ohio State will figure it out. They have way too much talent on offence. It’s a first year QB. Meanwhile, Alabamas best QB is a senior in high school right now.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Ditched Colorado after a season as HC to go to Lansing.

That worked out in the long term for the Buffs!

No doubt. Though I have my doubts Deion being in Colorado for the long haul.

I saw this late last night and read some posts on the MSU board this morning about it. Not that I don't believe her and don't believe Tucker is a dumbass who shouldn't be fired. But I don't understand why you would stay on the phone with someone uhh...taking care of themselves if you weren't involved in some relationship other than professional.

Someone then mentioned she made claims about Tom Izzo(even before Tucker was hired) and clearly was no fan of him. Then she got in contact with Tucker not too long after he was hired by MSU and were on good terms until just over a year ago.

Again, Tucker is screwed and MSU now has an out for that contract. I just have the feeling there might have been more than a working relationship here. Or, at least Mel thought that...

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Add Bama to the list of teams PSU has lapped.

Also, pretty hilarious for how much **** they talk how bad Pitt is. They had one decent year (which is a typical year for Penn St and a unicorn year for Pitt) with a really good QB and now are back to reality. If you’re a Pitt fan, please feel free to try to defend yourself, except you can’t.

IMG_7829.gif

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Speaking of Colorado, happy for Deion and all.

But fans storming the field after beating Nebraska was cringe as f***. Spare me the reasoning of fans who have had all this pent up emotion.

Most of them are students who have barely been there four years and don't realize Nebraska has been as bad as they have been.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There was another point made there that the transfer portal is hurting more than helping the Ohio States and Alabamas. Ohio State had Joe Burrow and Quinn Ewers in their rooms while having Dwayne Haskins and Kyle McCord as QB1’s
Circumstances for each. Plus always hard for a younger player to beat out the prior year’s starter who played well. Or win a AqB battle vs someone who has been in the system for a year or two.

Burrow mentioned on a podcast that he injured his hand and couldn’t play when the starter, Barrett got hurt this Haskins got the start and played well. He knew then that his shot at OSU was likely gone.

Ewers went to a stacked OSU room. Fields got drafted but Miller, Stroud were already there at OSU for a year or two and McCord was a freshman while Ewers graduated early. If Ewers stayed at OSU he would not have played last season. He’d be battling McCord for the OSU job this summer.

Fields arrived at Georgia after Fromm played as a freshman and went to the national Championship game. He only got a package of plays as a freshman. And Smart with Fromm and Bennett opted to play the game manager over the 5 star recruits.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
No doubt. Though I have my doubts Deion being in Colorado for the long haul.
"Look Allison Brie, unless we're putting a ring on it, I'm not interested!":rolleyes:

One and done, I'll be unhappy.

Two would be a disappointment.

Three absolutely fine with that exchange.

Beyond that I'll be thrilled.

I don't expect Travis Hunter to play his senior seas either.

It's not a cult here like Lincoln, Tuscaloosa or Tallahassee, but CU can be a great job as long as your team isn't completely terrorizing the community. Not like a midmajor where you expect a guy to get poached.

Deion isn't a fool so I don't think he'll jump at the first football factory that comes calling and plenty of athletes come here and love it. I'll take the Pepsi challenge with State College.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
"Look Allison Brie, unless we're putting a ring on it, I'm not interested!":rolleyes:

It's not a cult here like Lincoln, Tuscaloosa or Tallahassee, but CU can be a great job as long as your team isn't completely terrorizing the community. Not like a midmajor where you expect a guy to get poached.

Deion isn't a fool so I don't think he'll jump at the first football factory that comes calling and plenty of athletes come here and love it. I'll take the Pepsi challenge with State College.
I've also gotta think they have limitless untapped booster money potential given how bad they've been for so long. Their athletic department is probably unable to keep up with the alumni calling in to give them money for Deion.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Travis Hunter needs to leave early because if he’s going to play two-way every week, that’s more snaps, and that’s more hits.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Speaking of Colorado, happy for Deion and all.

But fans storming the field after beating Nebraska was cringe as f***. Spare me the reasoning of fans who have had all this pent up emotion.

Most of them are students who have barely been there four years and don't realize Nebraska has been as bad as they have been.
Oh hell no!:madfire:

Some oh the student body may have rooted for Buffs before going there, it being a a state school and all. (Not sure about the cool kids at CU though).

And it's Nebraska. You have no idea how much we hate that "school".

Reactions: pockets

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Travis Hunter needs to leave early because if he’s going to play two-way every week, that’s more snaps, and that’s more hits.
Top players leave early. So that isn’t strange. And he should leave early if he’s a sure fire top 10 pick. He’s going to be a CB in the nfl. So not sure these WR plays he runs in college is going to benefit him long term.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

I expect him to stay as long as his kid is there. After that, I give him five years max. Which, if he does, you should be thrilled. He has made the program relevant again and that's really all you can ask for unless you have a cult fanbase.

Deion doesn't need the money and loves to coach. But I expect some NFL teams will start flirting with him starting this offseason. That will be interesting.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I expect him to stay as long as his kid is there. After that, I give him five years max. Which, if he does, you should be thrilled. He has made the program relevant again and that's really all you can ask for unless you have a cult fanbase.

Deion doesn't need the money and loves to coach. But I expect some NFL teams will start flirting with him starting this offseason. That will be interesting.

I don't know if Deion is a great fit for coaching in the NFL.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Baylor looks f***ing awful this year, probably safer on that one. OU on the other hand you never know what to expect in that game.
Yeah I remember Texas winning a Charlie strong game, when OU made the playoff. That game record or how teams are playing don’t matter to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad