NCAA: Week 2: 2 Big Noon 2 Coach Prime

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Week 2 is on the horizon in college football, before we get to Saturday, Friday night has a matchup that would've been much more fun last year, but still could be on Friday, where Illinois visits Kansas on ESPN2.

On Saturday, Big Noon is showing up in Boulder for the sequel to Coach Prime's debut, now at home where old Big 8/12 rival Nebraska comes to town with Matt Rhule. After Colorado's win over TCU, the line switched from Nebraska -9.5 to Colorado -2.5 at one point. Prime's holding all the receipts, the AP has answered by ranking them #22, while Nebraska comes off an ugly loss in Minnesota last Thursday.

The early slate also includes #12 Utah headed to Baylor on ESPN, #10 Notre Dame in NC State, and a bunch of other schools smacking around some FCS and low-level G5 schools.

Mid-afternoon has UNLV at the Big House as #2 Michigan gets the CBS slot. #23 Texas A&M is at The U on ABC to rematch from last year, and Iowa and Iowa State battle in their in-state rivalry on Fox, and one of two ranked matchup as #20 Ole Miss goes to #24 Tulane on ESPN2.

Game Day is on-site in Tuscaloosa for the biggest matchup of the week in prime time matchup at 7pm on ESPN for #11 Texas vs. #3 Alabama. Everyone remembers how Bryce Young pulled a win out of the fire for Bama last year after Texas lost Quinn Ewers early.

CW Network enters the chat with their ACC package, Cincinnati is at Pitt. #13 Oregon visits Texas Tech on Fox, and #19 Wisconsin heads to Wazzu in a revenge game, as Wazzu pulled the upset last year. Big Ten Saturday Night on NBC has...Charlotte @ Maryland? :laugh:

We have two After Dark matchups. Fox has Stanford @ #6 USC, who make their season debut on not-Pac 12 Network (this week the Beavs, up to #16, land there hosting UC-Davis), and a little but of SEC After Dark, which must really thrill that conference, as Auburn visits Cal.

Reactions: LT

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
This maybe full homer, but I think Texas goes into Alabama and wins?

I'm intrigued by the Miami vs A&M game. Both teams have new coordinators with stubborn HCs wonder which HC will let their OC call the game they want.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
10am local time for kickoff for CU/Nebraska is not the smartest decision. Hell that’s typically the time JV High School games are played.

Sep 19, 2008
As good as the college football product is, I'm less concerned about the ads and more concerned about the overreach with the NCAA going after minor small potatoes like Harbaugh and Montez Walker. The whole organizaiton has a highly inflated self worth of itself, goes around cocky as shit. Can't lie to them. Can't fail to cooperate with them. Better follow their rules. Then they go and make this rule, fine, you can't transfer too much, and then retroactively apply it to guys like Walker who have literally only played football for one school (his 1st school, he never suited up and played a down because of COVID). Yet that's used against him as one of his 2 schools, so he's ineligible for this year. If you want to try to control the transfer portal and regulate it, fine. Some guys transfer too much. JT Daniels has played for like 4 schools. Regulate it. But don't pick and choose. There isn't a reason Walker shouldn't be playing right now. And I'm not a UNC fan

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Hope everyone understands and fears the fact that Penn St will have the best QB in the B1G this season. This is the year they beat at least one of Ohio St/Michigan… possibly both (ideally the other in the conference championship).

Reactions: PanthersPens62

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hope everyone understands and fears the fact that Penn St will have the best QB in the B1G this season. This is the year they beat at least one of Ohio St/Michigan… possibly both (ideally the other in the conference championship).
Finally. I miss this stuff when Penn State gets skunked by both of them and we never hear about them again until the following season.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Finally. I miss this stuff when Penn State gets skunked by both of them and we never hear about them again until the following season.
I think they beat Ohio State, but I don't think anybody beats Michigan this year. Harbaugh **should** win it all

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think they beat Ohio State, but I don't think anybody beats Michigan this year. Harbaugh **should** win it all
They could, but the game is in Columbus, so it will be tough. Of course, the game will take a hit if Ohio State loses in Notre Dame.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Paul Finebaum said earlier this week on ESPN that Deion will eventually move on to a bigger job. It got me thinking how long will Deion stay in Colorado? 2 years? 3 years? With FSU coming back to relevance I don’t see Mike Norvell going anywhere. I just wanted to get some opinions on that. Personally I think he could end up at Florida within 2 years. That program is a complete mess right now. Texas is another place I could see him going to especially if Sark doesn’t have the Horns contending for the playoff, and that school could literally just back up a Brinks truck to his house and give him whatever he wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad