NFL GDT: Week 16

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Carr sucks

Saints need to draft a QB this year
Carr’s $30 mill base salary is guaranteed for next season. Plus he got a ntc clause as well. Also there is a $10 mill bonus relating to 2025 that becomes guaranteed should he still be on the roster in late March 2024.

Not sure which QB they would be looking at in the teens.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Al Michaels going through that Jets/Browns promo next week with the enthusiasm of someone who is about to undergo a root canal (probably thinking, ''we really going to have to call a Zach Wilson game to end this trash TNF slate?'')

Reactions: PanniniClaus

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Al Michaels going through that Jets/Browns promo next week with the enthusiasm of someone who is about to undergo a root canal (probably thinking, ''we really going to have to call a Zach Wilson game to end this trash TNF slate?''
No one was sadder about Rodgers this season than him, they had 2 Jets games

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
When the Saints picked up Carr, my thought was "well he's not a superstar but he's probably better than the revolving door they had post Brees. It gives them stability" Figuring he'd be the same like, middle of the road QB who could occasionally do something worth a damn.

5 games with under 200 yards passing, on pace for a career low in TDs and likely will miss 4k yards given they only have 2 games left. The games where he puts up good statlines is almost always in garbage time. He somehow got worse.

After what i saw tonight, i think the Saints need to clean house. Dennis Allen was likely gone anyway but he should have been fired right after deciding to onside kick with 4 minutes left after you just marched down the field and stole the momentum right from the Rams. Draft a QB and make it known that Carr's days are numbered.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
When the Saints picked up Carr, my thought was "well he's not a superstar but he's probably better than the revolving door they had post Brees. It gives them stability" Figuring he'd be the same like, middle of the road QB who could occasionally do something worth a damn.

5 games with under 200 yards passing, on pace for a career low in TDs and likely will miss 4k yards given they only have 2 games left. The games where he puts up good statlines is almost always in garbage time. He somehow got worse.

After what i saw tonight, i think the Saints need to clean house. Dennis Allen was likely gone anyway but he should have been fired right after deciding to onside kick with 4 minutes left after you just marched down the field and stole the momentum right from the Rams. Draft a QB and make it known that Carr's days are numbered.
His contract makes that an expensive proposition. He has a full ntc. So if he can’t work out a contract restructure with another team when NO talks with other clubs, as current deal has $30 mill in base salary that is guaranteed for 2024 and his $10 mill roster bonus for 2025 becomes guaranteed 5 days into the new league year in late March 2024. So no team is committing $40 mill to Carr walking through the door.

And he’s not taking less than the $30 mill he’s already guaranteed. Can restructure how it gets paid out but not taking less.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
His contract makes that an expensive proposition. He has a full ntc. So if he can’t work out a contract restructure with another team when NO talks with other clubs, as current deal has $30 mill in base salary that is guaranteed for 2024 and his $10 mill roster bonus for 2025 becomes guaranteed 5 days into the new league year in late March 2024. So no team is committing $40 mill to Carr walking through the door.

And he’s not taking less than the $30 mill he’s already guaranteed. Can restructure how it gets paid out but not taking less.

What does that matter in the end?

They are going nowhere as is, just admit it and start building for future. Just draft a QB and develop him, don’t care where Carr is, bench, press box or on another team

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What does that matter in the end?

They are going nowhere as is, just admit it and start building for future. Just draft a QB and develop him, don’t care where Carr is, bench, press box or on another team
Saints should do what is best for the team, but Carr would have $52 mill in cap charges that still need to hit the Saints books unless he's traded (which drops it to $22 mill), which I don't think is likely. Can spread that over 2 seasons.

But, given what Carolina is experiencing with Young, need to surround any young QB with some talent to develop him. Loomis has been pushing cap charges into the future for a while now. Who else would be due to be removed from the roster? Thomas for sure, and he's $18 mill in dead cap.

Probably the best time to take a "bath" on the cap charges is in the early years of a young QB. Just make sure the OL is good enough to protect the kid.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Saints should do what is best for the team, but Carr would have $52 mill in cap charges that still need to hit the Saints books unless he's traded (which drops it to $22 mill), which I don't think is likely. Can spread that over 2 seasons.

But, given what Carolina is experiencing with Young, need to surround any young QB with some talent to develop him. Loomis has been pushing cap charges into the future for a while now. Who else would be due to be removed from the roster? Thomas for sure, and he's $18 mill in dead cap.

Probably the best time to take a "bath" on the cap charges is in the early years of a young QB. Just make sure the OL is good enough to protect the kid.

Carolinas problem with Young is that to have a chance at succeeding Young with his size needs a strong O-line.

Saints need to just accept that Carr is meaningless to them and not have him in any of their plans/moves moving forward.
They are done as is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad