NCAA: Week 10: How Can Washington and USC Hit the Over when the Bedlam Keeps Burning?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Washington sacked Williams on a 3rd down following a penalty that negated a touchdown. Had to punt and now a massive run by the Huskies.

Last edited:

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Is there any better example of why college programs should consider going to the GM/HC set-up that pro teams have than Mario?

No doubt he can recruit his ass off but he isn't just a bad game day coach, he is f'ing awful and it seems he is too stupid to just let his co-ordinators (OC's especially) to run the show themselves.

He will never get fired since he will put up top 10 recruiting classes and is buddies with the money people at Miami, but he will also do absolutely nothing with a program that could be a much better team with the recruiting power they have.

• Love
Reactions: PanthersPens62

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
My brother in Christ. I thought I was the only one enjoying a bottle of bourbon tonight

NICK RUN A SPY JESUS CHRIST
Call me crazy but Penix has been the most impressive QB all season. Don't think he'll go #1... but I think he'll prove to be the best QB in the draft.

Reactions: GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oregon State beats Colorado 26-19. The score flatters Colorado, but the important part is that they covered the spread. For their faults, the defense has done ok, the offense has not for 2 1/2 games now. They can’t put both together.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Washington vs USC went how I expected. 2 explosive offenses and subpar defenses, but since UW's D isn't as bad, they got the 1-2 extra stops needed to win.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
So the way things are shaping up it could be:

Georgia (unless they lose to Bama then they still could get in if FSU and Wash lose a game)
MU/OSU winner (and loser still could get if FSU and Huskies lose a game))
FSU (unless they lose a game then they are out)
Washington (if they go undefeated then maybe still if they beat Oregon again)

Oregon needs to win out and then likely between them and the MU/OSU and a possible 12-1 Georgia
Bama needs to win out and are in
Texas needs to win out but maybe still behind MU/OSU loser and a possible 12-1 Georgia

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Any 1-loss teams have to win out. A 2-loss team has never made the playoff. The SEC needs the Gators to come through against Florida State in order to get both Georgia and Alabama in if Alabama wins that game.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Any 1-loss teams have to win out. A 2-loss team has never made the playoff. The SEC needs the Gators to come through against Florida State.

need Louisville to do us a solid.

If Georgia drops the sec title game. They shouldn’t make it tbh. Unless something crazy happens.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
They’re playing well. If Texas wins out they are in though.

Georgia
Winner of Michigan/OSU
Washington
FSU

Texas still needs at least one of those to lose for them to be in if they win out.

I know they won the head to head but not sure Texas is better than Alabama right now. They have had to rely on a lot of luck to get only the one loss. I would also take Oregon over them if those two teams played.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Georgia
Winner of Michigan/OSU
Washington
FSU

Texas still needs at least one of those to lose for them to be in if they win out.

I know they won the head to head but not sure Texas is better than Alabama right now. They have had to rely on a lot of luck to get only the one loss. I would also take Oregon over them if those two teams played.
Texas will get in over Alabama. Yes, they don’t get in over 4 undefeateds, but there won’t be. The committee does seem to like the Pac 12 though, perhaps there is anti-Big 12 bias after what we saw from Oklahoma and TCU.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Texas will get in over Alabama. Yes, they don’t get in over 4 undefeateds, but there won’t be. The committee does seem to like the Pac 12 though, perhaps there is anti-Big 12 bias after what we saw from Oklahoma and TCU.
I mean to be fair…. TCU has done more in the CFBP then Michigan

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Yes I agree Texas will get in over Alabama, I just don't think they are a better team. But the hype that they and Sark always have will always trump their actual "ability."

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Yes I agree Texas will get in over Alabama, I just don't think they are a better team. But the hype that they and Sark always have will always trump their actual "ability."
They’ve been playing with their back up QB the last 2 weeks and went into Alabama and beat them by 10 and it should’ve been more.

They have 3 ranked wins and hold one of the SOS in CFB.

They aren’t great, but they are a very good team and the ability is also clearly there

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If the two teams play, and they both have one loss, the winner has to be ahead. Especially if they were the road team.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
IMG_8016.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad