NCAA: Week 10: How Can Washington and USC Hit the Over when the Bedlam Keeps Burning?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I think Texas needs to start Arch this week if Quinn can't go. Texas doesn't need a QB to win the game, just needs a bus driver that can make the occasional play. Murphy should've had 5 picks against Kansas State.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think Texas needs to start Arch this week if Quinn can't go. Texas doesn't need a QB to win the game, just needs a bus driver that can make the occasional play. Murphy should've had 5 picks against Kansas State.
If Arch don’t get on the field soon, the transfer portal gonna open up in a way similar to how it did for Patrick Swayze in “Ghost.”

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
If Arch don’t get on the field soon, the transfer portal gonna open up in a way similar to how it did for Patrick Swayze in “Ghost.”
I don't think so. It's been reported they wanted him to red shirt and from what we saw from Maalik, he's starting next year.

The Manning family isn't letting the dude transfer after 1 year, why even go to Texas if that's the case

Reactions: Voight

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don't think so. It's been reported they wanted him to red shirt and from what we saw from Maalik, he's starting next year.

The Manning family isn't letting the dude transfer after 1 year, why even go to Texas if that's the case

What is the point of red shirting him? I imagine it's almost assured he'll be off to the NFL as soon as possible.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
What is the point of red shirting him? I imagine it's almost assured he'll be off to the NFL as soon as possible.
The family apparently wanted it.

IF he isn't the starter next year (spoiler he will be) then the transfer talk is legit, he isn't leaving the school after this year lol

Reactions: Voight and LT

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Any 1-loss teams have to win out. A 2-loss team has never made the playoff. The SEC needs the Gators to come through against Florida State in order to get both Georgia and Alabama in if Alabama wins that game.
I swear to God if you just spoke that into existence I WILL FIND WHERE YOU LIVE

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Imma need to hear the logic on why Oregon is ranked above Texas. They do better beating up Portland directional schools?

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

@Wyatt Earp post this in the Michigan thread we’ve got going on.

Imma need to hear the logic on why Oregon is ranked above Texas. They do better beating up Portland directional schools?

Yeah, Texas should be above Oregon right now

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Oregon is the only one-loss team to lose to an undefeated team.
So who you lose to is more important than who you beat?

Alabama has 3 ranked wins, SOS is 8, SOR is 4.

Oregon SOS is 63, SOR is 10, 1 ranked win.

Texas SOS is 10th, SOR is 5 and they have 3 ranked wins.

If Ohio state is ranked #1 because of resume. Oregon should be behind Texas/Alabama

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So who you lose to is more important than who you beat?

Alabama has 3 ranked wins, SOS is 8, SOR is 4.

Oregon SOS is 63, SOR is 10, 1 ranked win.

Texas SOS is 10th, SOR is 5 and they have 3 ranked wins.

If Ohio state is ranked #1 because of resume. Oregon should be behind Texas/Alabama
Alabama also was in a dogfight with a 4-5 USF team that has one of worst defenses in the G5 and looked hideous on offense at other times.

Reactions: LT

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Alabama also was in a dogfight with a 4-5 USF team that has one of worst defenses in the G5 and looked hideous on offense at other times.
Oregon has 1 win over a team with a winning record

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
And it was 35-6 on the road. Everyone’s playing bad teams too.
Everyone is playing bad teams, yes. But Alabama has 3 ranked wins as does Texas. They also have a better SOS and SOR... so 1 win and Oregon's lost is why they are ranked above Alabama and Texas?

Anyways, Texas probably drops the game this weekend TCU has 9 days to prepare and need this win to save their season. It's either gonna be Murphy or 70% ewers

MM917

Aug 18, 2022

Depends on how you rank teams, if it is based solely on who they played then sure but Texas and Alabama ahead of them for me I put Oregon ahead of both, Texas for sure, because I think if they played Oregon wins those games. I think Oregon is clearly the best out of those 3 teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad