• Ryan Strome

• Filip Chytil

• Dryden Hunt

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I could live without Kreider barking at the goalie. Nothing to prove there. Especially in a 4-0 game. Weird time to go all…WWF.

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

-Fox won a Norris

-Panarin scored over 100 points

-Zibanejad scored 40

-Ryan Strome

Ok. I laughed out loud. Sometimes I think these guys should have a half hour to decompress before meeting the media after the game. That’s just not fair. Kreider is a little odd to begin with. Let him get some oxygen back up there before letting him speak.

Reactions: CLW

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Kreider has returned to manimal status, dude is a beast in front of the net. Fox is just amazing and Makar can sniff his jock strap for all I care. Shesty looking great, and just a great response after that 5-1 loss a few days ago. This team is heading in the right direction.
I know it’s foolish to buy in - again, for the 9th time - to Dominant Kreider. But mayyyybe he has finally figured out what he’s good at and has a coach who puts him in the right spots to perform?? I know…crazy…but I’m a fan. Always hopeful. Always looking for the positive.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I know it’s foolish to buy in - again, for the 9th time - to Dominant Kreider. But mayyyybe he has finally figured out what he’s good at and has a coach who puts him in the right spots to perform?? I know…crazy…but I’m a fan. Always hopeful. Always looking for the positive.
I loved him taunting the Elvis after the goal, and when he went nuts and went after PK Subban. He’s always had the tools but people complained about the lack of heart or edge, this year he’s playing with it

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I loved him taunting the Elvis after the goal, and when he went nuts and went after PK Subban. He’s always had the tools but people complained about the lack of heart or edge, this year he’s playing with it
Fire is good. Standing up for teammates is good. But I’m just not interested in chirping a goalie who is getting beat fairly handily. I want Kreider to pick his battles better. In fact, in this game Domi would have been a good one to smack around.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
I could live without Kreider barking at the goalie. Nothing to prove there. Especially in a 4-0 game. Weird time to go all…WWF.

I didn’t mind it - his net front presence was awesome this game. Was it excessive….well, yeah, but it’s Kreider; he’s either all ON or all OFF lately and I’ll take the former thankyouverymuch lolz!

Reactions: haveandare

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
We should workshop Nemeth into a shot blocking machine that plays in his own zone in the mold of Dan Girardi. Kill him over the next 3 years and workshop Lundkvist on his pairing into a McDonagh.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Kaapo Kakko is going to dominate night in and night out generating tons of chances and momentum all while putting up 20 points a year and sliding on a $3M bridge contract on our way to a Stanley Cup. Easily the best impact on ice per point guy on the team. Next level cap management.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
What a great sign of this coaching staff’s impact that after 4 days off the team comes back and puts in an effort like that! Loved that they called a timeout when up 3-0 in the third on the power play. That sends a clear message that we want a full 60 minutes and expect a full 60 and will coach a full 60. I’m totally impressed by this staff in virtually every way!

Not sure I’ve felt this good about a Rangers team in a VERY long time.

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Honestly, the similarities between him and young Marian Hossa are stark to me. Let's hope he follows a similar development path - if he can be even a poor man's Hossa, we're in great shape.
This is exactly as I see him to a Tee.
Main things I see so far that are mirror images
-way they use their body to shield the puck
-size
-skating
-attention to detail on the defensive side
-both show/showed excellent hands Down low, in close on the goalie
The one thing I’m not sure about is kakko’s shot. Hossa has a very hard accurate wrister that would explode off his stick and fool goalies all the time.
Not saying Kakkos shot isn’t up to snuff, but I’d like to see him use it more before I can compare that part of their games.
That could be the main difference for kakko being a 50-60pt selke caliber winger or a 70-80pt guy like Hossa was.
I hope it’s the latter, but either way, I think he’ll be a damn good winger for a long time.

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Elvis was chopping at Kreider all night. The chirping was justified.
Justified or not, I’m just not a fan of screaming at a defeated goalie. Scoring two goals says plenty. Anyhow, it’s not a big deal, I just prefer Kreider keep his cool there.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I feel like we're seeing good things out of Miller but people want to keep pointing out perceived flaws, I don't really get it.

He has never been a hugely physical player, he never will, that was never his game, yet he does use his size and strength to force guys to the boards and win battles and he's coming along pretty dang nicely this year in a lot of ways.
Maybe enjoy a player for what they do well instead of complaining that they're not all superstars at their positions
I’ll take a different angle.
I believe the coaching staff is working with him on being more physical.
If you go back to one of the Sammy Blais interviews he talks about when he turned pro that is AHL coach emphasized that if he wanted to make it and stay in the NHL he would have to add physicality to his game. Then this year in an interview after a game where Gauthier started throwing his body he(Gauthier) sited the coaching staff has been working with him on that.
Miller has thrown checks in three of the last four games where before that I can’t recall any this year or last. I was one-off the Hfers that thought he would benefit from starting in the A. Now I think if he keeps on this path that won’t be necessary and his future as a top pairing defensemen is brighter.
I would like to think all true Ranger fans want what’s best for the players regardless of what routes they take to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad