Status
Not open for further replies.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
goofy_flamingo_by_ectoficus_dek7btj-fullview.jpg

YEEEEERRRRRRRRRR.....

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Sure he's not the best player on the team but it just seems so obvious that Kreider is our captain. What are they waiting for?

He’s going to go cold for 25 games in a few weeks and everyone on this board is going to hate him.

He has been excellent this year, but this is standard Kreider. He goes from dominating to the worst player on the team overnight.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
He’s going to go cold for 25 games in a few weeks and everyone on this board is going to hate him.

He has been excellent this year, but this is standard Kreider. He goes from dominating to the worst player on the team overnight.
I don’t think so. I think he have his usual cold run when it comes to points, but I think we see a far more engaged Kreids on a game by game basis then we saw last year.
He’s going to be more like the player we saw in his contract year pre-injury. Stats wise, he’ll be the same, maybe a touch higher, but overall he’ll have a bigger impact on the game itself.
Kreider looks better in these 1st 7-8 games then he did for all of last year. Even with his hot streak. He’s doing more of the little things, there’s more fight/passion in his overall game.
The biggest key with him is if he gets injured, ( I hope not but if) he’s got to sit and not try to play thru it if it’s serious.
When he does that, that’s when he begins to look like a 6.5 mill per year turd that everyone hates.
If we get this version of kreider all year, even if his totals are anywhere between 20-30 goals and 50-55pts, I don’t think you’ll see a lot of complaints about him. Even with his scoring droughts.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kakko really reminds me of Rick Nash after being developed by hitchcock. Who was a heck of a hockey player. Understand it took Nash time to develop into that. Kakko is 20. Amazing his transformation this quickly.

there are going to be seasons he doesn’t put up a lot of goals but he’s going to be one of your most trusted two way players. Nash never had the blistering shot that hossa had and I’m not sure kakko does either.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Sure he's not the best player on the team but it just seems so obvious that Kreider is our captain. What are they waiting for?

I wonder if Gallant took Kreider aside and said this letter is yours if you show you deserve it. This is a little different than the "good" streaky Kreider.

Reactions: Ned Braden

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Imagine no one on Columbus said boo to kreider after that blatant taunting of their goalie? Just not a peep

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Would love to see coach ride him, if everything is going well. Let Georgiev have first home game. I haven't looked, but we're not playing back to back in any of those games are we? Cuz if we are.....then obviously Shesty can't play all of them.
Edmonton and Calgary is back to back

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
This franchise is bipolar lol.

Didn't think anyone had a bad game. Some guys had great games. For those who care about 'flashes' I thought Laf and Kakko both were really dangerous every time they had the puck. Laf in particular racking 4 shots and a goal in 9mins across 2 periods was awesome. Don't look now but he leads the team in 5v5 p/60.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
thank god someone else sees this. he's been a monster this year, playing by far his best hockey on both sides of the puck and been deleting people physically. this version of him is worth every penny of that contract
TBF he has gotten love from posters in every GDT and PGT, enough that I have noticed at least ...I agree that he has been a monster so far this year

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This is exactly as I see him to a Tee.
Main things I see so far that are mirror images
-way they use their body to shield the puck
-size
-skating
-attention to detail on the defensive side
-both show/showed excellent hands Down low, in close on the goalie
The one thing I’m not sure about is kakko’s shot. Hossa has a very hard accurate wrister that would explode off his stick and fool goalies all the time.
Not saying Kakkos shot isn’t up to snuff, but I’d like to see him use it more before I can compare that part of their games.
That could be the main difference for kakko being a 50-60pt selke caliber winger or a 70-80pt guy like Hossa was.
I hope it’s the ladder, but either way, I think he’ll be a damn good winger for a long time.
Surely he will be going UP on that ladder.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York

Can't deny that...but maybe the C will keep the fire lit. In terms of being verbal on the ice and showing emotion and appearing to encourage teammates I don't see anyone else being better. Of course I can only see what I see on MSG but seems like he really cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad