Post-Game Talk: We waived Laich @ Chicago Circumventors (12:37pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Would be great if the hawks got knocked out in the 1st round after all of the additions they made

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I don't care if I'm "whining", the bad officiating, particularly from the 2nd period on, set the tone for this game. Because of that, this game really didn't demonstrate anything.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Improve the team all you can. If the NHL keeps having an agenda against the Caps it won't matter.

Also, Backstrom just looks terrible.

what are you talking about, we had two 5 on 3? it's always amazed me how this board like playing a victim. If we can't convert 5 on 3s and multiple PPs, that's not the refs fault.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
He wasn't benched, he's human, poor guy needs to rest.

He's back out there right now.

Some of you guys get too liberal with the term "benched", sitting on the bench is not the same thing.

Yes, i'm sure he was exhausted after taking that 4-5 second shift in which he scored that goal. He wasn't on the PP when the 'Hawks took the another penalty.

Backstrom again useless on the PP, and Niskanen should not be the main weapon on this PP.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I don't care if I'm "whining", the bad officiating, particularly from the 2nd period on, set the tone for this game. Because of that, this game really didn't demonstrate anything.

agreed and im not caring if i whine either. that game was horribly reffed

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I would love the Caps to trade Schmidt or Orlov. Preferably Schmidt. We don't need both and both have value.

I'd take a defender who is a young defensive D-guy in return. Any young players that are like Alzner that Caps could swap Orlov or Schmidt for? Orlovs turnovers lately have been costly - and Schmidt getting beat on the boards today was a big reason Caps lost today.

bWo*

I would love the Caps to trade Schmidt or Orlov. We don't need both and both have value.

I'd take a defender who is a young defensive D-guy in return. Any young players that are like Alzner that Caps could swap Orlov or Schmidt for? Orlovs turnovers lately have been costly - and Schmidt getting beat on the boards today was a big reason Caps lost today.

Schmidt for Brodin :yo:

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
I hope something was learned from this game, but by the coaching staff and players, not management.
Players needed a little wake up that they just can't impose their will on every team in the league. Need to pick it up a little, but I still like our line up. Still don't see that we'd want anyone in a top 6 role. Depth, insurance, or bottom 6 improvement ( bottom 3 really).

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Hopefully we blow it all up tomorrow! Worst Caps team I've ever seen.

Holtby needs to go for whatever we can get for him.

Hopefully we can sucker a 1st out of someone for Ovechkin.

Backstrom, obviously just AHL level right now. Would accept a prospect or a 3rd.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Williams freaking handed over the puck on the first goal, and on the third goal, our Center wasn't within a mile of the unmarked man in crease. Hardly D alone at fault today

Chorney and Schmidt were getting beaten in puck battles down low all day and Orlov was absolutely brutal with the turnovers once again. Carlson is gonna be out a month, I'd be pretty surprised if a dman wasn't added after this.

Also, the 1st line is broken. I have no idea what you add or shuffle around to fix it but it has to change.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I would love the Caps to trade Schmidt or Orlov. We don't need both and both have value.

Orlov should not be traded. Schmidt neither unless they can get very good return, as he's very cheap right now.

That being said, for a D that is excellent at moving the puck, Nate Schmidt is offensively the worst PMD in the NHL. His shot is worse than mine, and his slap passes work once in a 40 games. Again today Johansson created 2 Grade A -chances to him in the first period and once he shot the puck way wide of the net and the second time that slapper hit Crawford right into his pads and it was slower than my wrist shot. NBC hype up about what a great game he was having was brutal to listen. When is missing great chances and playing terrible D considered as a great effort?

I don't think it's doom and gloom -attitude to say that they played a terrible game after that 1st period, few guys especially. No need to blow anything up after this game because even with this bad effort they should have at least brought this game to OT, and likely won it without the terrible officiating aswell. That's not an excuse for that effort though.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Orlov playing the puck in his own zone lately is like watching Theodore or LOLtby....always cringing expecting the worst.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I'm actually not all that pissed off with this loss. I mean, they outworked the Hawks in the 1st like I hadn't seen them do this season. So thats a good thing. They went into a funk in the 2nd, and it wasn't just caused by all the PPs that were called in favor of Chicago.

They're missing a LOT of slam dunk types of goals the last few games. We certainly had a crap load of chances to score on and just couldn't convert.

Trotz NEEDS to get this team to pull its head out of its rear and play most of the 60 mins.

We need to get back to how we were playing before the blizzard break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad