Post-Game Talk: We suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It's a little bit concerning how often the scoring on this team completely evaporates. Shutout twice now in three games while looking like dog shit. It's not a good time to be in a slump like this. What makes it worse is these aren't "aww shucks, we almost had it" type of losses either, we're getting outplayed in all aspects of the game. I wasn't even impressed by the Tampa loss, they took their feet off the gas after getting a 4 goal lead.

I also think Maurice needs to figure out how to best utilize Tarasenko. We have a legitimate scorer and playing him on his off wing and shuffling him all over the line up in a limited capacity isn't going to cut it. Did we really acquire him to f***ing ice the guy for 12 minutes? What a waste.

The schedule doesn't get any easier with the Rangers up next - followed by the Flyers and Bruins. Those are difficult match ups and the wheels could completely fall off the wagon if we drop all of them convincingly like we've been doing the last three games.

Last edited:

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
shitposting aside i really think our issues are our bottom 6 scoring and just consistent scoring in general.

Not playing our super tough defense/playoff hockey is one thing in the regular season, but all this terrible passing/no quality chances/shooting wide right has been something all season. We have games where it all clicks and its like watching an unstoppable juggernaut, then theres stretches where we cant get anything going.

This kinda goes beyond injuries and i really cant tell what it is. I thought Tank would help with that and he showed flashes vs the flames (but everyone has been scoring tons against them), but in 5 games thats been it. Hate to keep talkin about carolina but their two new additions are already fitting in and putting up numbers, even duke with tampa. Was hoping after the break wed see some improvement, but to get shutout at home, by not even their best goalie is something.

Even in the playoffs last year our scoring was never really potent, just eventually capitalizing off mistakes of the other team while Bob would stop 50 shots.

Not saying this team is a dumpster fire or anything, we did have an incredible heater and were bound to drop off, but its just annoying to see issues at the start of the season still linger, just hopefully get it ironed out before playoffs.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
shitposting aside i really think our issues are our bottom 6 scoring and just consistent scoring in general.

Not playing our super tough defense/playoff hockey is one thing in the regular season, but all this terrible passing/no quality chances/shooting wide right has been something all season. We have games where it all clicks and its like watching an unstoppable juggernaut, then theres stretches where we cant get anything going.

This kinda goes beyond injuries and i really cant tell what it is. I thought Tank would help with that and he showed flashes vs the flames (but everyone has been scoring tons against them), but in 5 games thats been it. Hate to keep talkin about carolina but their two new additions are already fitting in and putting up numbers, even duke with tampa. Was hoping after the break wed see some improvement, but to get shutout at home, by not even their best goalie is something.

Even in the playoffs last year our scoring was never really potent, just eventually capitalizing off mistakes of the other team while Bob would stop 50 shots.

Not saying this team is a dumpster fire or anything, we did have an incredible heater and were bound to drop off, but its just annoying to see issues at the start of the season still linger, just hopefully get it ironed out before playoffs.

It's the joys of the TDL. Some moves pay off right away and others take some time or never click.
Luckily, the costs for both players was minimal this time.

It could also be a growing process for Tank going from the Sens style to what Maurice wants to see/where to be etc...

The team can definitely use more scorers, but they also need to be responsible on both sides/ be a superstar that Maurice has to play.
It did seem like in some playoff games as soon as they got the lead they went into a shell and limited scoring chances for themselves.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
It's the joys of the TDL. Some moves pay off right away and others take some time or never click.
Luckily, the costs for both players was minimal this time.

It could also be a growing process for Tank going from the Sens style to what Maurice wants to see/where to be etc...

The team can definitely use more scorers, but they also need to be responsible on both sides/ be a superstar that Maurice has to play.
It did seem like in some playoff games as soon as they got the lead they went into a shell and limited scoring chances for themselves.
Its not so much i think Tank or Okposo were terrible adds, just that the team in general just sucks at getting their scoring together consistently. I dont know any other top team that has been shutout more than us it feels like.

Reactions: Vilam

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Barkov about to have an off-screen death joining the likes of Mitchell, Nutivaara, Bambi, King T'challa, and Uncle Denis

I think this soundbite is what is wrong with this team the last few games and why they look so different.

Incidentally, this is why this team struggled all last year until they figured it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: batting1k

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Barkov about to have an off-screen death joining the likes of Mitchell, Nutivaara, Bambi, King T'challa, and Uncle Denis

I think this soundbite is what is wrong with this team the last few games and why they look so different.

Incidentally, this is why this team struggled all last year until they figured it out.

f07de83a7d165fc2.jpg

Fun times

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Like I said, it looks like they are just trying to get out of these games as healthy as possible. I mean the 4th line was the only line doing some of the heavy lifting last night. Chucky wasn’t looking to muck things up and Benny even passed on hits he’d normally deliver when we are going right.

Rather try to go into the playoffs healthy than trying like hell to win these regular season games. Obviously you don’t want to let bad habits creep in but we do have the time and points to figure it out before the playoffs.

Reactions: austropanther

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida

Maurice has been sayin this for a month and theres been no change. So is it theyre tired of his coaching or hes just saying something knowing hes just told them to just coast till playoffs.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
We actually do suck again. It’s not pleasant, but it’s certainly familiar.

• Haha
Reactions: Esteban

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
They’ve been playing mo’s heavy game since game 1. They’re banged up and tired. They’re not forechecking as hard as normal, and mental lapses on covering for each other defensively. They are not fighting for a playoff spot, I think that’s also a part in the intensity lacking as they are all but locked in.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
They’ve been playing mo’s heavy game since game 1. They’re banged up and tired. They’re not forechecking as hard as normal, and mental lapses on covering for each other defensively. They are not fighting for a playoff spot, I think that’s also a part in the intensity lacking as they are all but locked in.
Agreed. Would rather play Detroit than Toronto but they remember what happened at the end there when they were all injured.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I'm not worried about Tank yet. He looked good on the 1st line the first two games (the last 2 games we won), and since then we've been on a 3 game losing streak with most of our players looking like shit.

If we're playing well as a team and we still don't see much from him, that's the time to get worried.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Pomo wants them to dump and chase but all they do is dump the puck and then they take a leisurely stroll towards the puck. They need to change their system if they’re going to be lazy shitheads.

Reactions: austropanther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad