Post-Game Talk: We suck (Well, the Players, coaches, management, Ice Caretakers)

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I thought they recovered ok from the Boston Massacre. They lost 4-5 at TB, the top team in the east at their place, beat the Caps at their place and were minutes away from beating the Caps again. That's 4 games against the 3 best teams in the east, 3 of them on the road, and they were minutes away from coming out of it 2-2. That could have been a confidence booster, but instead, it lingered with them and they laid a big egg against Calgary.
Funny enough the one I feel they haven't bounced back from is the choke against Washington. They have 4 wins since then, but all 4 are against 3 of the truly terrible teams in the league. Since then they've been clowned by Calgary, Vegas, Detroit (one of the dog shit teams they beat), San Jose, and gave up 5 to Montreal in a win. The closest we've done to really showing what we have the way we did before that Washington loss was a 2-0 win over Montreal. Sad.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I don't think they played particularly inspired in any games on this home stand, they were just lucky enough that they played worse teams in the first 2 and Aho showed up. That to me is disappointing when, as a group, they all said "this is our playoffs."

Peters said before this home stand, it was his job to play well enough to force Francis to make a trade for a play making center. Well, he, and the team surely haven't done that.

They have 3 games before a tough schedule of LAK, at NJ, NYI, NJ, PIT, @DET, @BOS, @PHI, NJ, WPG, @MIN. Fail to do well in these next 3 games and they are likely sellers. There's still time, but unless they start playing better hockey, and quickly, that time will run out.

Couldn't have said it better myself...losses to a team that they have to beat (DET) and to a team they need to beat (SJ), both in uninspired fashion is typical of this team. It has been inconsistent throughout the year. I've said it before and it bears repeating, they need at least 16 points from the 13 games beginning with Ottawa leading up to the TDL and they've gotten just 4 so far. I'm of the mind that they have to win 6 of the next 9 to be truly in a position to consider being buyers at the TDL. Personally, I would have hoped that GMRF might have done something to shore up the offense sooner, but that was a pipedream. Lose a few more games and our conversations all turn to how much we can get for Ryan, Stempniak, etc.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
E3916084-114A-4F7A-A5FC-C782149EB07F.jpeg

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I've kind of checked out online for a few days. I was at the Detroit debacle. I don't see how a team can put in less effort than that. It gets so frustrating to see this happen year after year. What I don't see are players that hate to lose. We need a couple of sore losers with anger issues.

YES f***ING YES

I want multiple angry mayhem mans. I want a slew footing piece of shit. I want a dude who will spear another man in his baby makers. I want a barely contained monster whose daddy never loved him. I want a man with a bottomless pit inside that can only be momentarily filled with conquest. I want blood on the ice. I want teeth in the third row. I want fistfighting in the stands with enraged opposing fans.

I want people to hate our f***ing guts, and at this point, I don't care why.

You might say I'm a little angry!

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I'm in the same boat. Coming into this homestand, you knew it was either going to make or break their season. After a promising start, they've withered on the vine.

I just don't think this team has the stones to break through, and I'm tired of watching them run up to the playoff cut line and bounce right off if it. I'll still go when I have tickets, but it's really hard to keep from mentally checking out.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
YES ****ING YES

I want multiple angry mayhem mans. I want a slew footing piece of ****. I want a dude who will spear another man in his baby makers. I want a barely contained monster whose daddy never loved him. I want a man with a bottomless pit inside that can only be momentarily filled with conquest. I want blood on the ice. I want teeth in the third row. I want fistfighting in the stands with enraged opposing fans.

I want people to hate our ****ing guts, and at this point, I don't care why.

I'm clearly a fan of this team....I can't even work up the gumption to be angry. In a nod to my parents, "I'm just so disappointed. You've got so much potential and your just frittering it away". Okay, my dad would have said I was pissing it away, but you get my point.

I was at last night's game and it was actually very exciting...after about the 1st 10 minutes, which felt a lot like the last 2. Then for about 35 or 40 minutes, the team came to play, but was both snake-bitten and skill-challenged. It took my son to tell me that we only mustered 2 shots in the 3rd period, one where Philly clamped down on defense while we played not to lose.

Seeing yet another OT where we dominate, only to lose in the last few seconds is just about the breaking point for me. Cam has played so well over the last few games, only to let in his patented softie, "at the worst time possible". I'm tired of hearing these same refrains.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
YES ****ING YES

I want multiple angry mayhem mans. I want a slew footing piece of ****. I want a dude who will spear another man in his baby makers. I want a barely contained monster whose daddy never loved him. I want a man with a bottomless pit inside that can only be momentarily filled with conquest. I want blood on the ice. I want teeth in the third row. I want fistfighting in the stands with enraged opposing fans.

So.... Max Domi?

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Just so.

Max Domi for Skinner.

And Tie Domi for Peters.

As long as they are sore losers with anger issues, bring them on. I want a couple of guys that the losing just devours their soul. Instead, we have a bunch of guys who lose, skate off the ice, and give the stone faced interview "Well, we need to work harder". No shit, Sherlock. How about somebody that acts like it on the ice?

I have gotten more worked up playing pickup basketball with a bunch of geezers from church. I have had to be calmed down more than once. Why is that a bad thing? You know who takes losing with grace? Losers. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen. Let's f*** the prom queen for a change

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge

"I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists!"~ Hedley Lamarr

edit: Is there any issue that can't be addressed by a Blazing Saddles quote?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
YES ****ING YES

I fit some of those criteria but can't skate worth a damn....does that work RF?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad