Post-Game Talk: We don't need no stinkin' heroes - the whole team is made of Game 7 heroes.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Meanwhile, Tortorella's team has won three straight game 7's.

Conditioning, one of the benefits of Torts hockey that I fully support.

It's also why you get your 3rd and 4th liners icetime throughout the year, it means so much.

Lundqvist, he's our golden ticket in game 7's. Once we had the 3-0 lead I knew there was NO chance at a Caps comeback, not in game 7 ;)

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005

It's also why you get your 3rd and 4th liners icetime throughout the year, it means so much.

Lundqvist, he's our golden ticket in game 7's. Once we had the 3-0 lead I knew there was NO chance at a Caps comeback, not in game 7 ;)

Agreed. Though the "system" they play is as exhausting as they come. Especially over the long haul.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Good point. So many folks giving credit to Cally for icing it early in the 3rd...I know I have little reason to be so confident as a lifelong Ranger fan, but there was no way on earth the Caps were getting 4 past Lundqvist at that point. None.

Holtby had his moments, but mere mortal goalies will crack at points during a 7 game series. The series where Lundqvist stopped Green on a breakaway and then Asham came down and scored a softie was the backbreaker for the Caps.

schabadoo

Feb 16, 2012
It's criminal how much the Caps got away with this series. Ovechkin leaves his feet with every hit. Slashes everything that gets near him. The entire Capitals team hooks like crazy.

And then there was just blatant things as well. Clearing the puck out of play. Dorsett getting hit with a stick, clearly bleeding, and Green only getting 2 minutes.

...and then complain about the refs. Boyle got opened with a high stick in game 2, no call.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Good point. So many folks giving credit to Cally for icing it early in the 3rd...I know I have little reason to be so confident as a lifelong Ranger fan, but there was no way on earth the Caps were getting 4 past Lundqvist at that point. None.

Holtby had his moments, but mere mortal goalies will crack at points during a 7 game series. The series where Lundqvist stopped Green on a breakaway and then Asham came down and scored a softie was the backbreaker for the Caps.

Bit of a softie, I thought it was a deceptive play, went from fast to slow to fast and that screws with a goalie early when he's not seen many shots.

Agreed that it also shows what I said about the game in general. Stralman made a great move by closing from right to left on Green, took away the middle of the ice, Green had no chance to deke or stickhandle, forced him to shoot that low percentage shot. Stralman covered so much ground even though Green was ahead of him and on the opposite side. Rewatch that if you can, makes you appreciate the conditioning in back to back playoff games, and the individual play of Stralman.

SauceCheese91

Sep 14, 2011
Still have a hockey hangover from being at the Knights- Colts game 7 in London and then taping the Rangers game for when I got home. Almost impossible to not know the score of the Rangers game when the whole building was dressed in Leafs gear and hearing about Leafs from people behind me or infront of me.

But holy **** to win this game the way we did was unheard of for Rangers puck, what a ****ing night. I'm so happy all you *******s that gave up on this team after game 2 and whining about not being able to come back because teams just don't do that, can now eat your crow. Eat your fat god damn crow and it shows you that hockey and this series was a game of inches. This series really showed who the real fans were and who the fake ones are.

Anyways SO happy to beat those Capitals, that whole team and fanbase is full of whiny ****** and they got what they deserved. After watching all these series in the past, it is so damn obvious the OV is one of the dirtier players in the league, but just never gets called for it. See ya later Caps, enjoy the golf course *****es.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Seriously. What a beautiful day. This team went all out, into a hostile building where they had lost 3 straight, and scored like 2 goals, and silenced the critics by scoring 5, with our MVP putting on another clinic. Sent the Richard winner home to the World Championships. Sweet, sweet justice. Just beautiful. :)

*Bob Richards*

I'm just stoked that the Caps players and fans got exactly what they wanted. A game where they just let both teams play.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
This is why the Caps have no killer instinct, attitude like that from their captain resonates through the dressing room. The guy was playing like a pissed off 13 year old, throwing borderline hits and playing like an *******, then he goes to the bench and sulks with his head in his hands.

Yup, as boring as Cally's "gotta dig deep, get pucks on net" shtick is - the guy never deflects blame, never acts like a child like that, just focuses on what's next, and the team seems to adopt that attitude throughout the roster.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Now I have to keep this utterly extemporaneous avatar until we lose again.

*Bob Richards*

Yup. Refuse to drop my What-Me-Worry Cally until deemed appropriate.

I'm never superstitious until my teams look even the slightest bit promising.

*Bob Richards*

What do you mean? Refs obviously scored 5 goals for us.

Refs 4 Caps 3 Rangers -1.

rofl.

I get why they are mad. We did get more PP opportunities. Whether or not any of it was warranted is another discussion (personally I think the Caps are just stupidly undisciplined).

But they were given exactly what they cried for. A game that was evenly officiated and just let everyone play. You can ***** about officiating to the friggin' cows come home, but not showing up for Game 7 is something they'll have to live with. Their complaints now fall on deaf ears for me.

Observe my hearty lolz: :laugh:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
rofl.

I get why they are mad. We did get more PP opportunities. Whether or not any of it was warranted is another discussion (personally I think the Caps are just stupidly undisciplined).

But they were given exactly what they cried for. A game that was evenly officiated and just let everyone play. You can ***** about officiating to the friggin' cows come home, but not showing up for Game 7 is something they'll have to live with. Their complaints now fall on deaf ears for me.

Observe my hearty lolz: :laugh:

Yeah but we told Caps fans before the series started 1) The Caps live/die by their PP, so, if they have equal or more than the Rangers, no chance for us; and 2) That the NYR were very disciplined during RS, so don't expect a lot of PP's.

They just have that mentality of a franchise that's never had any success. The Canucks always have excuses too.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

Why did you sport a Tärnström avatar in the first place?

Not that I'm complaining, I like the exposure of AIK's beautiful crest and it is a nice homage to our recently retired captain.

GFiP*

The rangers have been the most disciplined team all year, caps fans really hate that fact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad