Post-Game Talk: We don't need no stinkin' heroes - the whole team is made of Game 7 heroes.

GFiP*

Bit of a softie, I thought it was a deceptive play, went from fast to slow to fast and that screws with a goalie early when he's not seen many shots.

Agreed that it also shows what I said about the game in general. Stralman made a great move by closing from right to left on Green, took away the middle of the ice, Green had no chance to deke or stickhandle, forced him to shoot that low percentage shot. Stralman covered so much ground even though Green was ahead of him and on the opposite side. Rewatch that if you can, makes you appreciate the conditioning in back to back playoff games, and the individual play of Stralman.

STRAlman has been truly outstanding for us..who knew?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I wonder how Holtby feels about the work he got last night? Should be a lesson to him, don't give the other team more motivation. He comes out after game 2-0 like a cocky ***** and talks about how little work he had and how easy the game was for him. Whether or not it's true, you don't say that to the media. You say how great your guys played and helped you a lot. Don't say "well it wasn't a very taxing game."

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I wonder how Holtby feels about the work he got last night? Should be a lesson to him, don't give the other team more motivation. He comes out after game 2-0 like a cocky ***** and talks about how little work he had and how easy the game was for him. Whether or not it's true, you don't say that to the media. You say how great your guys played and helped you a lot. Don't say "well it wasn't a very taxing game."

Yeah, the Caps talked too much. If you're ahead, just shut up until it's over. No need to fire up the other team.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Why did you sport a Tärnström avatar in the first place?

Not that I'm complaining, I like the exposure of AIK's beautiful crest and it is a nice homage to our recently retired captain.

I am a fan of AIK, and its something of an homage to Tarnstrom's recent retirement.

He had a long career. Never really got the praise r longevity of a career in the NHL that he could have, but then there is no obligation that a good player HAS to be in the NHL. Look at what guys like Straka and Nedved have done at an old age in their home league.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Wanted to see some sad Capitals, so decided to watch their post games.

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos/caps-postgame-locker-room-5-13-13/index.jsp

LOL at Eric Fehr whining about us blocking shots and "taking liberties" in front of our net. We were "allowed to do whatever we wanted."

"They didn't want to play in the offensive. They wanted to sit back and block shots." How's 5 goals sound to you?

Your buddy Erskine set a world record for unnoticed crosschecks.

Kershaw

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos/caps-postgame-locker-room-5-13-13/index.jsp

LOL at Eric Fehr whining about us blocking shots and "taking liberties" in front of our net. We were "allowed to do whatever we wanted."

"They didn't want to play in the offensive. They wanted to sit back and block shots."
How's 5 goals sound to you?

He is righ for the most part....

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I could care less how they feel about the way we play.

It's not an insult to be a solid defensive team. It's like having a solid run game in the NFL.

Kershaw

On the other hand, Backstrom had no excuses and took 100% blame on himself. Didn't talk about refs or shot blocking. He plain out said he sucked this series and he's right. Unfortunately more Backstroms in the league mean less media stories, but I enjoy their whining for sure,

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

"They didn't want to play in the offensive. They wanted to sit back and block shots." How's 5 goals sound to you?

In other words, "WAAAH, they didn't allow us the opportunity to beat them they way we wanted to."

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Unbelievable hypocrisy. Love it. Caps get embarrassed in Game 7, then continue embarrassing themselves after series is over. Loser mentality.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
On the other hand, Backstrom had no excuses and took 100% blame on himself. Didn't talk about refs or shot blocking. He plain out said he sucked this series and he's right. Unfortunately more Backstroms in the league mean less media stories, but I enjoy their whining for sure,

He was really being pumped up before the series too. lol. Still a great player, short sample size.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Pretty much the only Capitals player that I like. That said, he was absolutely invisible in this series.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Ovechkin also REALLY praised Hank in his interview. Didn't say that they needed to get more people or more pucks to the net. Just said that he flat out stopped everything.

Backstrom said he sucked. Great. Maybe the Geico commercials can stop now.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Just for good measure. :laugh:

20130509136808541567205.gif

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004

Waaahhhh. Says a guy from the team that got shut out the last 2 games. What a crybaby. Hey Fehr, you choked. You didn't get it done. You tried to intimidate the Rangers and they stuck it down your throat. Have a nice summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad