Post-Game Talk: We don't need no stinkin' heroes - the whole team is made of Game 7 heroes.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Someone on the SCP board claimed that Ovechkin's 5-game scoreless streak is the longest of his career (reg. season and playoffs).

A very impressive showing from our D and King.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
It's amazing how Hank without offensive support goes into Beast Mode. When the offense is actually clicking, he steps it up even more! :amazed:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Wow. Never would have thought they'd get it done after the 0-2 start and losing the special teams battle the way they did.

Hank...what more is there to say. Game = elevated. It can be easy to take the guy for granted at times because he is so consistent. But this (really the last 3 games of the series) was the stuff of legends. Stuff I will always remember.

Brassard and Zuke are two guys I really did not expect to add as much as they have. They have gone above and beyond. The Rangers would be golfing without them. Much respect to them, and just goes to show you never know which acquisitions are gonna pay dividends. Yes I know large portions of this board DID call them being effective adds. Kudos to you. I did not.

Every single defenseman played well. Eminger (offense) and MDZ (defense) really surpassed expectations. Hope McD is good to go. Scary hit.

Lastly, great play from the 3rd and 4th lines was a difference maker last night. Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett especially. Dorsett is settling in to provide some really great forechecking and showed a more than solid shot.

Thought Nash played better. Looked good with Brass and Zuke. Callahan made a big play at a big time, but gonna need to see more from the Hags-Step-Cally line.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
The back pages of the papers today :nod:

back051413.jpg

image.jpg

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
It's criminal how much the Caps got away with this series. Ovechkin leaves his feet with every hit. Slashes everything that gets near him. The entire Capitals team hooks like crazy.

And then there was just blatant things as well. Clearing the puck out of play. Dorsett getting hit with a stick, clearly bleeding, and Green only getting 2 minutes.

Realize

I had a very big smile in my face at watching the game today's morning ...
I am really glad to see New York in Round 2.
Really happy to see the whole team scoring, not making any silly mistakes.. and finally : Kicking this Holtby guys' ass ..

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
No matter what, Hank was going to be the best player on the ice.

It just so happened, EVERY OTHER PLAYER was playing very well.

Pyatt, Del Z, Cally, and Zucc all got their first of the playoffs.

It was great to see Cally put one up, not only was it a pretty goal on a move we haven't seen before, but it was one last hilarious "**** you" to Erskine.

Zucc got a perfect opportunity, and he pulled out the signature move. It's going to be in his highlight real for years.

If Nash had put one away, and on the powerplay, it would have been perfect.

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
I went into this game thinking it would end 2-1 (All Tortorella coached game 7s have ended 2-1). When Pyatts goal went in I breathed a huge sigh of relief because of Torts game 7 history, then when Del Zotto scored I was relieved but still worried. When Callahan scored I switched it over to the leafs bruins OT.
After both the games ended, there was a smile that couldn't be taken off my face.

Bring on the Bruins and lets ride the momentum! LGR!!

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
I'm loving the Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett line. They're incredible on the forecheck and have a little bit of everything minus the scoring touch, and even Pyatt put one in yesterday. Good things happen going to the net. I'm also glad Callahan scored, he's been awful (lets not forget what we all talked about after game 5) and I hope that gets him going. Would've been nice to see Nash get one for confidence reasons but we won a series without much from Nash, Richards, and Callahan, even though Nash and Cally are important going forward.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
The back pages of the papers today :nod:

back051413.jpg

image.jpg

Love that Post photo.

The Caps are meeting the media on Wednesday. Breakup day and exit meetings for the players. Alex is doing that stuff today so he can play for Russia.

Bad idea for Russia, he's bringing the stench of failure with him :D

By the way, all this talk of 'everyone is a hero' is cool and all, but I saw it as the Caps chasing the Rangers most of the game, trying to hit them and wear them down, when in reality they were wearing themselves down, the Rangers just kept to their game and as a result production came from every line, that was the proof in the pudding to me.

Also, I bet Holtby would like some of those looks back on the goals he let up.

Hank was hank, the best player on the Rangers for years now. Like I said, after Sather, Hank has the most cache in this organization, if he wants someone gone, they wlll be gone;)

In the regular season he has a shutout about 9% of the games and in the playoffs about 13%

13, all year long folks :yo:

Kershaw

It's really hard not to get mired with the number 13 stuff this year. Crazy.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Cally's goal last night destroyed all the potential momentum. If they score first in the third it could've been a different ending.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
The Caps were in slow motion almost the whole game, and when they did get breaks, a step ahead, they passed it around like a shinny game, letting the Rangers get back in position, where the Rangers seem to get ALL the rebounds, the ones they didn't Hank just ate up.

As much high octane as that offense has/had, they were not conditioned to win a 7 game series. Seems like that team never is.

SkinneeJ

Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Santa Monica, CA
When the guy who led the league in scoring during the regular season goes 5 straight playoff games without even a point, it's hard to say that the refs are to blame. Looking foward to a tough series with the bruins.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The Caps were in slow motion almost the whole game, and when they did get breaks, a step ahead, they passed it around like a shinny game, letting the Rangers get back in position, where the Rangers seem to get ALL the rebounds, the ones they didn't Hank just ate up.

As much high octane as that offense has/had, they were not conditioned to win a 7 game series. Seems like that team never is.

Meanwhile, Tortorella's team has won three straight game 7's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad