Post-Game Talk: We don't need no stinkin' heroes - the whole team is made of Game 7 heroes.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So where's all the henrik is a playoff choker people?

I was one. I will eat crow. The first game gave me flashbacks to some of his poorer efforts in the playoffs that really stand out. Anyway, you can't really say anything about back to back shutouts in elimination games. 3 shutouts in regulation. The 1-0 OT loss may have been the best game I've ever seen him play. He was also great in game 5. Pretty funny how he didn't play his best in 3 games and still managed 1.65 GAA and .947 save %. Almost all of the goals that beat him were deflections too.

Sad London Ranger

RIP Boogie
Mar 4, 2002
london england
Visit site
I bet you he doesn't know the meaning of the word "escrow"......
A big word.....

btw I really liked Eddie O's comment when Doc suggested the Rangers need to do something about Ovi's physical play. Eddie observation was along the line of: As long as he is hitting he is not playing with the puck and that's good for the Rangers

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
He's right about refs but he had few quality chances in game 6, he coulda ended it right there.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
I think there were bad call going both ways. This just seems like *****ing and moaning to me. When you go six straight games without a point, and you're the star and captain, you aren't allowed to whine about the refs.

And I really don't think any Ranger fan, at least with a little hockey knowlegde and who can take of their iceberg-thick Rangers glasses, would have blamed the refs if we got kocked out yesterday.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Is this quote legit? Saw this brought up last night, but didn't see any credible source cited. Also he was pretty classy in the post game interview.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
btw I really liked Eddie O's comment when Doc suggested the Rangers need to do something about Ovi's physical play. Eddie observation was along the line of: As long as he is hitting he is not playing with the puck and that's good for the Rangers

Dave Maloney said the same thing on the radio broadcast.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
What did Ovechkin say after the game? Heard it was controversial

Supposedly spoke to a Russian newspaper and said something to the effect of the league wanted the Rangers to win the series because they would bring in more revenue because they lost a ton of money due to the lockout, to paraphrase it. Didn't quite get all of it. Said something about the officiating.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
I was one. I will eat crow. The first game gave me flashbacks to some of his poorer efforts in the playoffs that really stand out. Anyway, you can't really say anything about back to back shutouts in elimination games. 3 shutouts in regulation. The 1-0 OT loss may have been the best game I've ever seen him play. He was also great in game 5. Pretty funny how he didn't play his best in 3 games and still managed 1.65 GAA and .947 save %. Almost all of the goals that beat him were deflections too.
I am one too. He played great. Stole the series for us. But let's just keep it going. It was only the first round. Nothing is even close to being won.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
The Rangers got a few more calls over the course of the series, but it was far from a deciding factor. Especially when you consider how terrible the Rangers powerplay was all season.

plus, your out of your face if you dont think the NHL was drooling over a potential Ovy Vs Sid eastern confrence finals

they were basiclly pimping that matchup in every promo before the playoffs even started

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey

I saw you sticking up for Lundqvist on the Stanley Cup Playoffs board and I had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I never understood how you could blame him to begin with but I respect that you're admitting eating crow on this one.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I enjoy the ******* Caps fan's impotent tears nearly as much as I enjoy moving on to the second round.

vbman09

Nov 30, 2011
After Last night How Can you Not Love this team, Being down 2-0 and having all the doubts in the world this team put its head down and just played hockey and didnt lose composure, didn't try and hurt guys, Just played the game the way they know how. Blocking shots, shutting down Ovie ( little B1tch he is) and getting contributions from the 3rd and 4th lines. Oh and Brass Ballz is becoming a playoff hero!!!!!!

LGR!!!!!

Vickers8

What a great time for Hank to peak...Ovie summed it up best when he said Henrik is the best goaltender in the league...

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Great game from about 10 minutes in until the end. Hank stood tall for the entire game. They will need to bring the same intensity to the next series.

On a sidenote, the Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett line looked great last night wreaking havoc and being good defensively.

Vickers8

Great game from about 10 minutes in until the end. Hank stood tall for the entire game. They will need to bring the same intensity to the next series.

On a sidenote, the Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett line looked great last night wreaking havoc and being good defensively.

Good point that line was a pain the Caps butt all night

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
I have no words.

Which is fine... Because I litteraly have no voice today.

Just amazing. Flat out ****ing amazing!!!

Ovie crying to the papers is a joke he left his feet charged and boarded all on same shift and nothing was called. He is a punk and should be fined for comments like that. Learn to back check jackass

Vickers8

Credit to Asham, what a shot he has and Kreids was flying, flattening people all over the ice

Vickers8

Ovie crying to the papers is a joke he left his feet charged and boarded all on same shift and nothing was called. He is a punk and should be fined for comments like that. Learn to back check jackass

He's not a back checker, he's a glider, he sits out at center ice waiting for a breakout pass...******

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad